Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

Mugen Power Shift Knob (Dildo)

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 04:56 AM
5 Year Member
Mugen Power Shift Knob (Dildo)

I've been wanting one but I have an automatic -__- you think the knob can fit over the GD's shaft? If so it'll be perfect my project I'm workin on.

Old 04-26-2012, 07:02 PM
Super Moderator

Old 04-26-2012, 07:15 PM
5 Year Member
^ my thoughts exactly.

Old 04-26-2012, 10:14 PM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
I installed a spoon duracon knob on auto but it had a spring and the center gear shifting pattern was actually a button to help push down the lock.

The mugen one would be difficult because of the one piece design. if you could drill a hole in the center locking mechanism and run a bolt through the shift knob. That way you could just push down the shift knob so you can move it into gear.

Old 04-27-2012, 02:45 AM
5 Year Member
Whered you get your knob from? Been trying to look around & cant seem to find it.. So the mugen would for sure fit though right? And i see what your trying to say, seems reasonable. Do you really need to run a bolt? Couldn't you just push down? Or the knob wouldn't catch the spring.

Old 04-27-2012, 03:04 PM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
im not positive on the shift lever diameter or the diameter of the shift knob. It will probably sit on there loosely but you possibly could just push it down everytime.

I used to be a spoon dealer so I had a few laying around.

Old 04-27-2012, 03:58 PM
Originally Posted by sh00k
Whered you get your knob from? Been trying to look around & cant seem to find it.. So the mugen would for sure fit though right? And i see what your trying to say, seems reasonable. Do you really need to run a bolt? Couldn't you just push down? Or the knob wouldn't catch the spring.
JHP has them still:
Mugen Formula MT Shift Knob - JHPUSA

I had a hard time finding them too and ended up just getting a used authentic one off H-T. All the ones on Ebay i've found are reps.

If I was going to drill a hole for a bolt i'd just get a rep though. $25 vs. $150. You could try wrapping some electrical tape around the shaft until the knob fits a little more snug but still allowed you to press it up and down if you want an authentic one and don't want to destroy it. We used to do that back in the day for DIY "short shifters" when we hacked the threads off so the knob wouldn't fall off

Old 04-29-2012, 11:52 PM
5 Year Member
kylerwho: damn the spoon knob would be perfect! But the mugen will do. I just wanted to be able to fit over the shaft part. It's alright if it wiggles a little, I'm making a custom boot for it.

Yeah I wouldn't drill a hole into an authentic knob. Especially since its a mugen one. Is the reps totally off looking compared to the authentic ones?

Old 04-30-2012, 03:34 PM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
here is the spoon one but they dont make the black duracon one anymore

SPOON SPORTS ALUMINUM SHIFT KNOB - AUTOMATIC :: SHIFT KNOBS :: INTERIOR :: weksos industries

Old 04-30-2012, 03:59 PM
Originally Posted by sh00k
kylerwho: damn the spoon knob would be perfect! But the mugen will do. I just wanted to be able to fit over the shaft part. It's alright if it wiggles a little, I'm making a custom boot for it.

Yeah I wouldn't drill a hole into an authentic knob. Especially since its a mugen one. Is the reps totally off looking compared to the authentic ones?
No not really, on the reps the Mugen logo is printed on, on the originals it's laser etched. Pretty hard to tell really. I don't really condone the reps but if you're going to drill it it kind of makes sense.

Old 04-30-2012, 08:21 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kylerwho
here is the spoon one but they dont make the black duracon one anymore

SPOON SPORTS ALUMINUM SHIFT KNOB - AUTOMATIC :: SHIFT KNOBS :: INTERIOR :: weksos industries
Thanks! Naw silver is okay. Always can paint it. Might just end up going with this. The mugen one is kinda pricey for me right now.