Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

*Remote Start Bypass Module*

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2006, 01:12 AM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
*Remote Start Bypass Module*

Bypass module for remote start on our car...

If you were to get it at Best Buy or Circuit city, it'll be around $60 and up..

556HW is the model number and here's a link to one:

http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=90148196&SearchEngine=PriceGrabber &SearchTerm=90148196&Type=PE&Category=Elec&Gad= 0&d caid=15890

I'd do a few more searches. I looked at the prices from PriceGrabber.com

$29.98 from Audio Discounters but they want too much for shipping but it shows you what the product looks like
http://www.audio-discounters.com/556hw.html

$28.99 at Shipping is a little less

http://www.ambientweather.com/db556hw.html

I keep finding more..

$26.87
http://www.radiooutfitter.com/store/181543/556HW.html

I'm bout to order one myself so I can get my Viper 791VX alarm finished up.

I hope that helps you guys...

-Tomi

Last edited by claymore; 08-26-2006 at 03:09 AM.
Old 08-27-2006, 02:50 AM
5 Year Member
already have it installed. i was going to use an xpresskit but i was out of stock. i went to a friends shop and picked up the DEI piece instead of waiting for my next parts order.

i used it with an audiovox aps998 that i just got in a t work and a pair of DEI 530t modules for up/down/vent on all 4 windows.

the best part of my job is getting a $1000 alarm setup for free

Old 08-27-2006, 02:34 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
May I ask what alarm you bought? I bought a $509 Viper 791VX from Best Buy. It's the highest one they have. Wife works there so I went ahead and bought that one.

Old 08-27-2006, 03:57 PM
5 Year Member
^^^^ APS-998 its the new audiovox 2way with the text lcd.

Old 09-05-2006, 03:34 PM
Question bypass

the car installers @ my work said that i would need the key and a transponder and that was the only way..

how'd the bypass work for you?

or how were u guys able to install it?

Old 09-05-2006, 06:46 PM
5 Year Member
u need to go somewhere that they know what they are doing if they say you are going to lose a key. there isnt an application that you lose the key anymore as all the manufacturers have figured out how to program the module as anotehr key.

i used the DEI part on my car only because i was out of stock on the bypasskit model. neither of which require a key and work perfectly. you can download instructions for them here

http://www.bypasskit.com/Manuals/XK0...20D10_I_EN.PDF

Old 09-05-2006, 06:59 PM
thanks for the manual.

let me get this straight.. so all i need to buy then is the remote start and the bypass module correct? coz if it is, then i'm doing it that way!!

Old 09-05-2006, 10:04 PM
5 Year Member
yes. its that simple.

Old 09-06-2006, 03:57 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Originally Posted by flipaliciouz
thanks for the manual.

let me get this straight.. so all i need to buy then is the remote start and the bypass module correct? coz if it is, then i'm doing it that way!!
Usually they better brand alarm systems come with remote start and tons of other Options..

Good Luck!

-Tomi

Old 02-28-2007, 09:28 PM
If i was to get a remote start and aftermarket alarm system installed @ a shop.. I will need to purchase this "Remote start bypass module" separately right? can I just purchase one of these inexpensive ones and bring it in and let them use it?

Old 02-28-2007, 09:38 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
$35 bucks to your door isn't so bad. Keep in mind, this is what bypass's your ignition to start the car. Don't cheap out on it..

There's wires that needs to be soldered to your wiring in the car. Yes you can get it and take it to the dealer to get it installed. That's what I'm doing.

I received my module last week and it is the correct one.

-Tomi

Old 02-28-2007, 09:41 PM
Originally Posted by TomiGunz
$35 bucks to your door isn't so bad. Keep in mind, this is what bypass's your ignition to start the car. Don't cheap out on it..

There's wires that needs to be soldered to your wiring in the car. Yes you can get it and take it to the dealer to get it installed. That's what I'm doing.

I received my module last week and it is the correct one.

-Tomi
Oh, I wasn't complaining about that price... I was just asking to see if I could do that. I figured since im going to get the double din touch screen, I better have some backup with an alarm... tomi, which one did you buy? link? thanks

Old 02-28-2007, 09:46 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
I bought this one

UNGO - 556HW - HONDA / ACURA TRANSPONDE BYPASS - RadioOutfitter

If you want pics of the module, i can get a pic of it ... It's actually sitting in my glove compartment waiting to be installed at best buy..

Old 02-28-2007, 10:28 PM
I bought this one

UNGO - 556HW - HONDA / ACURA TRANSPONDE BYPASS - RadioOutfitter

If you want pics of the module, i can get a pic of it ... It's actually sitting in my glove compartment waiting to be installed at best buy..
Im about to purchase this too. I figured id get everything ready before getting the alarm. :-)

Old 03-01-2007, 01:44 AM
5 Year Member
I'm still confusing about it................does the VIPER 791XV or higher version comes with the bypass kit or not??? I got the remote start for my old car 99 Maxima, I don't need to get the bypass for the guy who helped me install the alarm. Is it Honda Car different??

So I don't know do I really need to get one for him this time???

Old 03-01-2007, 02:38 AM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Originally Posted by sy11580
I'm still confusing about it................does the VIPER 791XV or higher version comes with the bypass kit or not??? I got the remote start for my old car 99 Maxima, I don't need to get the bypass for the guy who helped me install the alarm. Is it Honda Car different??

So I don't know do I really need to get one for him this time???
No, because all cars are different. Honda is different but also the same as any other latest cars that are equiped with chips for the ignition. Without bypassing the chip, you can't get passed the ignition. So that means you can't auto start. The bypass module bypasses the ignition just for the autostart. Otherwise, you can install any alarm on the car without remote start.

Old 03-01-2007, 11:59 AM
5 Year Member
No, because all cars are different. Honda is different but also the same as any other latest cars that are equiped with chips for the ignition. Without bypassing the chip, you can't get passed the ignition. So that means you can't auto start. The bypass module bypasses the ignition just for the autostart. Otherwise, you can install any alarm on the car without remote start.
Thank you for your info.

I already made an extra key for the remote start, so even I had the key, I still need to get the bypass kit to de-code the ignition to start the car from the remote, am I right??

Old 03-01-2007, 12:09 PM
errr.. u need an extra key to use the auto start? I never knew that.. I thought all you needed was the bypass module and the actual remote start.. and bam....

Old 03-01-2007, 05:19 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Okay,, Extra Key. That's if your dealer wants you to lose a key. They will give you the option to use the module they have, but your key has to be in the module as long as your alarm system is in it, if you get the one that requires a key. So if you have a 3rd key, assuming you got it programmed, you use that key to work with the dealer's module.

The Bypass module that I have posted on here is keyless. So you don't lose a key! =)

SY: so that means, if you get this bypass module that I posted, you'll end up with 3 keys. If you get the ones that require a key, you lose one.

Also,, My wife works at best buy and the module I bought on here cost less than if she was to get it discounted at best buy. I think they were charging like over $60 for the module. I can't remember but I think that was the one where you have to lose a key.

good luck guys..

Old 03-01-2007, 08:32 PM
5 Year Member
Okay,, Extra Key. That's if your dealer wants you to lose a key. They will give you the option to use the module they have, but your key has to be in the module as long as your alarm system is in it, if you get the one that requires a key. So if you have a 3rd key, assuming you got it programmed, you use that key to work with the dealer's module.

The Bypass module that I have posted on here is keyless. So you don't lose a key! =)

SY: so that means, if you get this bypass module that I posted, you'll end up with 3 keys. If you get the ones that require a key, you lose one.

Also,, My wife works at best buy and the module I bought on here cost less than if she was to get it discounted at best buy. I think they were charging like over $60 for the module. I can't remember but I think that was the one where you have to lose a key.

good luck guys..

Totally understand it right now............thank you so much for your help!!

Quick Reply: *Remote Start Bypass Module*