Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination Threads discussing interior and exterior lighting modifications for the Fit/Jazz

Honda JDM Blue Foot Lights - Pre-Install.

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 06:06 PM
5 Year Member
5 Year Member
Exclamation Honda JDM Blue Foot Lights - Pre-Install.

There are a few different Foot Light Kits out there. The most popular being accessory 08E10-SLN-30. This thread is to discuss the other Foot Light kit 08E10-SAA-A01. I am interested in comparing the differences between two lighting kits and looking for kit's 08E10-SAA-A01 install instructions. I have shot detail photos of the parts so we all can get a good look at what is in this kit.

So here is my story. I purchased the Honda JDM Foot Light kit (08E10-SAA-A01) from A&J Racing. These blue LED lights once installed will light up the driver and passenger foot well area. I was told they would turn on when I turn on my headlights. They might even come on when the doors are open. We will have to wait until I get them installed for me to know if that is a true answer.

The kit is from Honda Japanese and did not come with any install instructions. The instructions are only available to dealerships. Dickson at A&J Racing said they don't have any access to the install instructions, but someone he knows has the Foot Lights installed on their car. He will try to take some photos to show the install.

We have all seen those install PDF that are for other Honda Accessories. It would be great if someone could get a hold of one of those instructions for this kit. Even if it is only in Japanese I could get my wife to translate it.

I am sure I could install the Foot Lights without the instructions, but I am interested in doing it the correct Honda dealership install way. The wires ran and plug in correctly, the modules and metal brackets attached to the correct spots, etc.

I took lots of photos of the wiring kit and I will post them here for all of us to review. My comments go with the linked photos. Click on the links to view the photos if they don't appear.

A= Where the lights attach. One for the driver's side and one for the passenger"s side.
B= Plugs into the Black Box Module. What do you think this box does. It it not found on the other lighting kit.
C= I think this plugs into the fuse box. But I could be wrong on that.
CC= A pass-through. So you can plug in another accessory and share the same plug source.
D= Light Green plug. I don't know where it plugs into. It could go near or in the Fuse Box.
E= Blue Plug with foam protection. I am looking to see here this attaches, maybe the mirrow switch.
F= A in-line Fuse.

I can tell which end of the bracket attaches to the light. I do not know which side should be up when it is attached. I don't know how the metal brackets attach to the car. I could just guess, but I wonder what the real install says.

There are only two screws and 2 lock-nuts in the package.

One sticker reads Foot Light and the other reads Pocket Light in English and Japanese. By the way, My wife explained what Pocket Light was. Pocket lights are small lights appearing in the "middle" of the dash. She said Pocket Light means, small light or small convenient light or not too big light, ha, ha. They come in either blue or amber lights. If you order the blue kit, your middle lights will be blue except for the glove box, that remains amber. Sells for about $70. dollars in Japan.

This paper template is used to aligning something. Drilling holes, metal brackets, etc.

Same paper template translated from Japanese. You can almost understand it. CAR LINE means the car goes this way. The Direction the car travels.

Lights being attached.

Lights snap on tightly to the metal bracket. I don't know which side is up or down on the brackets.

Most likely the metal bracket is attached to the car first, then the black box is slide on to it. I don't know which side is up or down on the bracket. Sort of like the "black box" that you slide on that when you install the Keyless Entry Remote wire harness on a Base Fit Model.

Where does it attach to the fuse box? I could be totally wrong. I am checking into it.

Where does this plug into. It looks like it plugs in near the fuse box. I will check it out.

Where does this plug into. I'll check into it.? Could plug in to the Mirror Switch

Look Ma, An In-Line Fuse. If you screw up and it stops working, check this fuse.

One last thing, I can figure out how to install this kit based on other install kits out there. I am just curious to see the real install instructions. I like to know what Factory/Dealership install are supposed to look like to on this kit.
Replies welcome.

Last edited by HollywoodFIT; 02-13-2007 at 12:06 PM.
Old 02-12-2007, 06:28 PM
5 Year Member
They do work as described, turn on with dome light, dim when you close the doors and dim out when you lock the car. They come on with the headlights but are not as bright as if they were on with the doors open. Hopefully it is easy to install for you I didn't have instructions when I installed mine and it wasn't too hard but instructions are a VERY good idea.

Old 02-12-2007, 08:35 PM
5 Year Member
someone posted the instructions just look for em.

edit here it is ctsy of b17gsr

https://www.fitfreak.net/gallery/dis...lbum=203&pos=0

Last edited by spider2k; 02-12-2007 at 08:42 PM. Reason: link
Old 02-12-2007, 08:42 PM
5 Year Member
whats the cost on them?

Old 02-12-2007, 10:02 PM
5 Year Member
5 Year Member
Cost of the Foot Lights

Hi everyone, I bought my JDM Foot Lights from A&J Racing in B.C., Canada. The Foot Lights cost me $129.00, then add $25.00 for shipping and handling for a total of $154.00

In Japan they appear to cost around 70.00 or more. So not too bad, but the added shipping is way too much.

Old 02-13-2007, 01:56 AM
5 Year Member
5 Year Member
Different instructions needed

Spider2k, Thanks for pointing out those install instructions. I didn't know they were even on the web site. They help me understand better what goes wires goes where. I noticed these instructions are for another lighting kit. My kit is different. These instructions match up to about 85%, but my kit is different. For example, what is that black module box for and my lights are different and use metal brackets. Trying to find instructions for 08E10-SAA-A01.

Old 02-13-2007, 02:17 AM
5 Year Member
5 Year Member
Talking Pocket Light explained

Trying to find instructions for 08E10-SAA-A01. When I search for that part, I can only find one url link.
ƒtƒBƒbƒgƒAƒNƒZƒTƒŠ[”Ì”„

Look halfway down the page and look for the part number 08E10-SAA-A01. There are two photos that look alike. Photo of the inside front compartment w/ steering wheel. Take a look at the second photo. It is sort of hard to see in their photo. Notice the blue lights on the floor of the photo. That is the Foot Light kit. You can click the photos to make them bigger. My wife translated it for me. She said the Foot Light kit comes in either blue or amber lights. Sells for about $70.-75. dollars in Japan.

She also translated the photo above the Foot Light kit. It looks like the same photo, but the blue lights are in the middle of the dash. This is the Pocket Light Kit. She said Pocket Light means, small light or small convenient light or not too big light, ha, ha. They come in either blue or amber lights. If you order the blue kit, your lights will be blue except for the glove box, that remains amber. Sells for about $70. dollars in Japan.

Last edited by HollywoodFIT; 02-13-2007 at 09:02 PM.
Old 02-13-2007, 02:33 AM
5 Year Member
5 Year Member
Posted instructions are for a different kit.

Originally Posted by claymore
Question answered in post #3 closed
Hi Claymore, Thanks for helping with this thread. I fixed up the photos links so they now appear. The reply in post#3 is for accessory 08E10-SLN-300. Yes, It is very close to the kit I have, but it is not the same. My part is 08E10-SAA-A01, and I believe it might be JDM only, so no english instructions might be found. Can you keep this thread open until we find out more info. Thanks!

Last edited by HollywoodFIT; 02-13-2007 at 12:07 PM.
Old 02-15-2007, 02:00 PM
Can anyone say how these lights compare with the ones I've seen on ebay - eBay Motors: UNIVERSAL GREEN LED INTERIOR LIGHTS (item 200003391492 end time Feb-26-07 05:39:27 PST)

They seem very easy to install (based on another thread on this forum showing where to plug in lights to the fuse box) and are much cheaper.

Thanks.

Old 02-15-2007, 02:19 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mikeyfiend
Can anyone say how these lights compare with the ones I've seen on ebay - eBay Motors: UNIVERSAL GREEN LED INTERIOR LIGHTS (item 200003391492 end time Feb-26-07 05:39:27 PST)

They seem very easy to install (based on another thread on this forum showing where to plug in lights to the fuse box) and are much cheaper.

Thanks.
those are 4 5 cent leds with wire and a resistor attatched.you get to splice em in and figure a mounting solution.

the OEM honda are made for your vehicle, made to mount in the vehicle and have the aded bonus of being quality honda parts

Old 02-17-2007, 04:09 PM
what is the difference bewteen this one and the canadian's one?

Old 03-19-2007, 07:55 PM
I have already posted mine as which what it would look like at night installed.

It definitely adds sense of luxury for your car and it looks like those black

light when you wear white sneakers.

Very easy to install, pretty much just plug-n-play. Position it wherever you desire.

Oh, and I got them from Japanese Factory Dealership for about 80 bucks on my trip last year back to Japan.

Last edited by rurofan; 03-19-2007 at 07:59 PM.
Old 03-23-2007, 02:56 PM

From this pic, it's just 2 wires going in and out of the LED, so i'm assuming that it would be quite easy to add additional LED's by splicing into these wires?

Is that correct? Just considering this as I want to add more lights in the footwells and also in the rear footwells.

Thanks!

Old 04-04-2007, 02:05 AM
Originally Posted by Mugen_Dom

From this pic, it's just 2 wires going in and out of the LED, so i'm assuming that it would be quite easy to add additional LED's by splicing into these wires?

Is that correct? Just considering this as I want to add more lights in the footwells and also in the rear footwells.

Thanks!
Anyone able to answer this?

Thanks!

Old 05-19-2007, 05:44 AM
Yes, you can add more. They just have to be on the correct polarity. i.e. be in series with the other LED's.

Old 09-04-2007, 12:30 AM
post-install impressions, tips

I just finished installing these on my Fit, they look GREAT!

Here are some things that may come in handy if you're going to do this mod:

(This for the USDM Fit, I don't know if or how any others differ)

1. Plug C does go into the fuse panel, in the same place as the that indicated in the instructions for the "ambient light kit".

2. Plug CC is a passthrough for Plug C, in case you already have other accessories already installed.

3. Plug D goes into the top plug in on the left of the fuse panel, replaces the same plug mentioned and pictured in this thread. They to NOT go into the plug behind the review mirror switch (this is the difference between this kit and the ambient light kit).

4. Plug E is a passthrough for Plug D, and you'll plug the plug removed for Plug D into this.

5. The paper guides supplied are at least mirror reversed from the panels on the USDM fit, it might be entirely different. As others said, just pick a place on the panel to install.

6. When picking a place to install the LEDs, keep in mind that the plug wires on the driver's side are not that long. Keep your install location to the left of the middle of the panel, and you should have enough wire. You might have to plug the LED in after the bottom panel is installed, through the fuse panel hole, to make it work.

7. Just to be totally clear, when you're installing the LEDs, you're drilling two holes, one for the screw that mounts through the little bracket, and another small hole that the LED pokes out of. (The LED module sits behind the panel).

8. I couldn't get the wires to go exactly where the ambient light install kit says to go, but there more space further forward of the center console, with plenty of room and plenty of wire to reach the additional two or three inches.

9. The brackets are soft enough to bend, you might have to bend them to properly position the LED on curved surfaces.

10. Finally, before you drill the holes, make sure there's enough room behind the panel for the half inch or so for the LED units. Stay away from the vent areas and the blower on the passenger side.

It was a little cramped, but all in all, not bad at all, and they are so cool!

One thing that I never figured out is exactly where the black box is supposed to mount. If anyone figures out where the Honda engineers intended this bracket to go, please post a picture, I'd like to move it from where I put it (mounted to the top bolt of the fuse panel).

Last edited by lubricus; 09-04-2007 at 12:33 AM.
Old 09-28-2007, 04:06 AM
5 Year Member
Does anyone know if this would work?
Honda Civic Audio and Electronic Accessories- 2006 - 2007

scroll down second from bottom are "courtesy lights" even has a switch. I figure most honda switches ae universal in size. I would be interested to see if these work for the Fit.

how much did the jdm ones cost?

Old 09-28-2007, 04:08 PM
The interior lights OEM from Honda Canada will they work or not as an option? I saw this
Note: Not available with accessory fog lights on LX and EX Fit Models. So if I have the sport with fog lights I can't install? Thanks.

Old 10-10-2007, 11:44 PM
Honda Fit Forums Moderator
I installed these a while back thanks to the helpful information in this thread. I got them at AJ racing, and they look great. If anyone has any questions about installing these send me a PM.

Old 10-11-2007, 12:16 AM
Originally Posted by FrogDaddy
The interior lights OEM from Honda Canada will they work or not as an option? I saw this
Note: Not available with accessory fog lights on LX and EX Fit Models. So if I have the sport with fog lights I can't install? Thanks.
The fog light switch on the LX and EX uses the blank space next to the mirror controls. This is the same place that the interior lights use on the Canadian interior light kit.

Sport models will have no problem with this as their fog light switch is on the signal/light stalk

Quick Reply: Honda JDM Blue Foot Lights - Pre-Install.