Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination Threads discussing interior and exterior lighting modifications for the Fit/Jazz

Unofficial LED Tail Lights Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 11:19 PM
My Lips Bigger!
5 Year Member
i get outta work at 2, be home by 3 pics up here by 4...

Old 02-12-2008, 03:58 PM
My Lips Bigger!
5 Year Member
i made a new post

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...tml#post238056

i made a new post bc i figured the new one will be more specific about the n1s, and not just all led tails in general..

Old 03-21-2008, 12:23 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by koolkevin1107
Well first i had the OEM taillights and i got a set of the N1 concepts red/smoked led taillights. Then i came across a set of the all clear jdm taillights for CHEAPP so i picked em up. I installed em on the car for no more then 2 hours then i realized it looks whack on VBP. So i took em off and sold em 2 jdmchris.com for what i paid, now i'm back to N1 concepts, but i'm looking for some OEM style LED taillights.

All clear:

N1 concepts red/smoked

Resurrecting an old post...

koolkevin, any chance that you can get a hold of another pair of JDM clear taillights for cheap? I've been wanting these. Maybe jdmchris.com is sick of his?

Old 04-15-2008, 10:37 PM
Curious, all of you who have the led tails....Do you have any issues with say cruise control or any other electrical probs.? I read that there could be....just curious...thanks

Old 04-15-2008, 10:51 PM
Avid FitFreak Poster
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by BONES76
Curious, all of you who have the led tails....Do you have any issues with say cruise control or any other electrical probs.? I read that there could be....just curious...thanks

nope. all good... knock on wood.

Old 04-15-2008, 11:13 PM
My Lips Bigger!
5 Year Member
???
cruise control isnt housed in the lights lol

no - nothing should go wrong

Old 04-16-2008, 06:47 AM
Reason I was asking was b/c I heard that theres possible feed back since the leds use less power than the incands. and usually that electric feed back messes with the cruise....but if you all arent experiencing any issues...I think I know my next mod...

Old 04-16-2008, 11:54 AM
5 Year Member
I have heard on other threads that the N1 LED's seem to have slight fitment issues, LEDs that go out, and some the have minor fogging.... anyone know or have comments to this?

Old 04-16-2008, 05:34 PM
Avid FitFreak Poster
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Kuturagi
I have heard on other threads that the N1 LED's seem to have slight fitment issues, LEDs that go out, and some the have minor fogging.... anyone know or have comments to this?
I've seen them and I hate them. Glad I didn't get them. The LED's are crooked as well. Basically... you get what you pay for....

Old 04-16-2008, 08:37 PM
5 Year Member
Reason I was asking was b/c I heard that theres possible feed back since the leds use less power than the incands. and usually that electric feed back messes with the cruise....but if you all arent experiencing any issues...I think I know my next mod...
It happened to me. The fix was easy.
I bought the clear tails from Zeta Products. These are wired internally to light the top group of led's brighly with the brake and the lower group of led's dimly with the brake.
With the running lights, both top and bottom lit dimly. The first set they sent one side the bottom did not light with the brake but did with the lights, and the other side worked as described above.
They replaced them but there was some sort of mix up and it took about 6 weeks so when the new ones came in and seemed to be working fine, I mounted them, happy to finally get them back!
That night coming home from work I found the cruise control did not work with the lights on! A little checking the next day showed about 7 volts going out the brake wires when the lights were turned on. This was enough to cancel the cruise computer, as if I was stepping on the brakes.
I wired up a 3 amp diode from Radio Shack inline on the brake wires and for good measure, on the tail light wires, too.
So 4 diodes at about $2 a pair and no more feedback issues. Since I didn't see any other posts with this problem, I assumed it was a unique situation. I alerted Zeta Products of the issue so they could pass it on to the manufacturer but told them that I was satisfied with the lights and that my fix was permanent.
I don't think it has anything to do with the current draw. I'm sure the problem with mine was due to the stray voltage on the brake circuit. If it was a load issue, load resistors would be needed, as is the case with led turn signal bulbs.
Now that I'm putting it in writing, load resistors may also help reduce the stray voltage. But the diodes did the trick.