Fit Photos & Videos Threads for displaying photos and videos of the Honda Fit/Jazz

Japan Fit Photos

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 02:23 AM
the fit is small enough to get between anything over there

Old 05-31-2007, 11:34 AM
5 Year Member
Nice cars....I love Fit.

Old 05-31-2007, 01:33 PM
nice pics makes me want a RHD fit

Old 06-04-2007, 08:45 PM
the must maneuvar perfectly through the small streets and heavy traffic of Japan's road, b/c its a small car

Old 06-04-2007, 09:46 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jacksan1
Below is the first Fit that I had ever driven (a rented 1.5W AWD). It must be one of the very few that didn't get the free side visors thrown in!
Isn't that the color that some Elements were painted in the US a couple years back? Almost a kaki or sand color? I like the color myself.

Last edited by Spule 4; 06-04-2007 at 09:47 PM. Reason: Singular Vs Plural.......
Old 06-05-2007, 07:58 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by serinammavongsa
the fit is small enough to get between anything over there
Believe it or not, some people in Japan think that the Fit is too big for them.

Old 06-05-2007, 08:07 PM
Believe it or not, some people in Japan think that the Fit is too big for them.

really, i think that that is crazy talk....too big!! some people think its too small here

Old 06-05-2007, 08:20 PM
5 Year Member
Talking

Originally Posted by serinammavongsa
really, i think that that is crazy talk....too big!! some people think its too small here
It's actually not so much about the narrowness of streets or driving condition, even though Japan has amazingly tight roads and terrible driving conditions. It's the parking that makes all the difference. In many parts of Japan, you have to provide the police with a proof that you either own or rent a parking space to keep your car. If you don't have a verfiable parking space, you are not permitted to buy or own a car. And a parking space in a place like Tokyo can be prohibitively expensive plus hard to find, like in New York City, except that this is true in many parts of Japan.

Most homes in Japan sit on lots that are very small, with little available space for a car. Likewise, many apartments either do not have any parking spaces or have a few, but very small ones (and expensive!). A Fit can actually be too big for one's parking spot, and if it is, you are legally prohibited from owning one! If so, you'd have to downgrade into a Life (one of Honda's Kei-class car), for instance.

Oh, just an interesting factoid about the parking space. Your parking can be as far as 2 km away from where you live (because you may not be able to find one nearby). But how do you get over there? At one time, Honda sold a car called the City, and as an option, sold a collapsible moped called the Motocomp that fit right into the trunk space of this model, so you can ride and then drive. It's nuts!

Last edited by jacksan1; 06-06-2007 at 10:20 AM. Reason: a very important "not" was missing!
Old 06-05-2007, 11:24 PM
June 2007 1st Place Fit of the Month Winner
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by George02
saw that evo on the first pic!
me too yo! it be sweet if he got the whole car

Old 06-06-2007, 12:31 AM
It's actually not so much about the narrowness of streets or driving condition, even though Japan has amazingly tight roads and terrible driving conditions. It's the parking that makes all the difference. In many parts of Japan, you have to provide the police with a proof that you either own or rent a parking space to keep your car. If you don't have a verfiable parking space, you are permitted to buy or own a car. And a parking space in a place like Tokyo can be prohibitively expensive plus hard to find, like in New York City, except that this is true in many parts of Japan.

Most homes in Japan sit on lots that are very small, with little available space for a car. Likewise, many apartments either do not have any parking spaces or have a few, but very small ones (and expensive!). A Fit can actually be too big for one's parking spot, and if it is, you are legally prohibited from owning one! If so, you'd have to downgrade into a Life (one of Honda's Kei-class car), for instance.

Oh, just an interesting factoid about the parking space. Your parking can be as far as 2 km away from where you live (because you may not be able to find one nearby). But how do you get over there? At one time, Honda sold a car called the City, and as an option, sold a collapsible moped called the Motocomp that fit right into the trunk space of this model, so you can ride and then drive. It's nuts!
:before your explanation
:after your explanation

i get it now...i heard about the infamous small parking spaces in japan, but i didnt kno that it was enforced my the police down there, that seems like so many restrictions...i guess you have to be rich to own a car down there ...if i lived in japan i probably would only be allowed to by a "k-car"(found out about these on initial d, hahahaha) but thanks this was VERY informative, it helped a lot

Old 06-06-2007, 04:56 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Cat
WOW! How cool to see so many Fits on the road. No like that around here. Great pictures - loved the pink!

Cat :X
I've seen many Fit/Jazz here in New Zealand, it's quite popular and the fact imported ones are also cheaper than the one New Zealand Honda sell.

Old 06-06-2007, 10:27 AM
5 Year Member
Isn't that the color that some Elements were painted in the US a couple years back? Almost a kaki or sand color? I like the color myself.

Apparently, Honda calls this color "vanilla cream." Really. Must not be a very popular color because I have never seen another Fit in Japan in this color.