Fit Photos & Videos Threads for displaying photos and videos of the Honda Fit/Jazz

Two Fits, One Track... No Cup.

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 02:24 PM
Two Fits, One Track... No Cup.

Kevin and i decided to go out and have some fun a while back before he started doing mods to his car. the gauntlet had been dropped, and we wanted to know the real question..... which color had the advantage... blue or silver?

We were quite optimistic, thinking that maybe we wouldn't be the slowest things out there on this cold night... but that optimism might have been premature...

So there we were... getting ready for our first ever runs down the track in these fine specimins of Honda engineering!

It was time.... staredowns had been made, feelings were being hurt, one-wheel-squeels were about to commence and mark the beginning of the end for one of us on this night...

And then........ Race #1

Click Here to watch the Flash Video

It was BRUTAL... we were back and forth down the entire 1320 feet of track. The race seemed like it was over in mere seconds, but it was the adrenalin talking... this race went on for over a 1/4 of a minute! We were parched... but the timeslip showed the results of this travesty...

It was over... we were done. stick a fork in us. No one was sure if the fits could take another brutal race of that magnitude. The gas pedals were showing their grit though, and the tires were begging for one more chirp or sign of a slight spin...

We were ready for another go at this... we knew what we had to do. The dice were cast, it was GO TIME!

Kevin and I lined up again... we went in the same lanes as before since we were now confident in the available traction of our lanes... we were SURE that this was going to be it... it was make it or break it time. We were either going to go out like Rock Stars, or break on the line, and suffer an erronious defeat at the hands of the racing gods.

Click Here to watch the Flash Video

It.... was.... over....

On this race, i deftly challenged fate, and deepstaged my Fit... go deep or go home, thats my motto! This gave me the advantage, as it made Kevin second think what was going on... it was my time to shine! I was giving up a bit of ET< but the advantage it gave me on this cold, dark, sinister night was more than enough of a draw to attempt the impossible.

As soon as it had begun, it was over... the two slowest objects at the track were finished. We had impeeded the progress of everyone else at the track enough. We were tired... the enhanced night of racing took its toll on us both physically and mentally... one can only hold the gas pedal down for so long, and our track times show us how long "long enough" really is. It seemed like fractions of a second, but with two runs down that night and over 1 minute of seat time between kevin and i, we knew we were finished.

So we grabbed some soda pops and hot dogs and stuff, and made our ways (slowly) out of the track, and back home to ponder and scheme up new ways of making these Fits just a tad speedier...

Oops... maybe there were Cups in this post... oh well.

Last edited by ComposiMo; 12-17-2007 at 04:57 PM.
Old 12-17-2007, 02:52 PM
haha, 18's... thats sucha high number! good race though guys.

Old 12-17-2007, 03:18 PM
5 Year Member
Auto or MT?

Old 12-17-2007, 03:35 PM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
hahah nice story, playing mind games with your friend haha. almost broke to the 17s!!

Old 12-17-2007, 04:48 PM
Both manuals, both bone stock, except I had my Mugen NR's. Both were horrible starts by me and I haven't been back yet!

Old 12-17-2007, 04:54 PM
Yeah your 60ft's are really bad. A little work and you would be at 17.7ish or less. You want about a 2.2 or less 60ft. Good old Orlando speed world. Can hear them race all the time from my house.

Old 12-17-2007, 04:58 PM
Originally Posted by 6speedmaster
Yeah your 60ft's are really bad. A little work and you would be at 17.7ish or less. You want about a 2.2 or less 60ft. Good old Orlando speed world. Can hear them race all the time from my house.

When we went out there we weren't trying to get our best times, more for fun and laughs. Now that I have some stuff done I shall be out there to see how it really can go.

Old 12-17-2007, 05:05 PM
Between the crappy track, and on the Fit, the crappy mounts, the flexible LCA bushings causing wheelhop, and the lack of power this thing has anyway, i don't see 2.2's coming out of a bone stock Fit at that track... lol.

But yea, we only had the two runs, and for me, it was the first time i had even attempted to do any sort of launch on the car, so i didn't expect all the banging around in the engine bay from the motor movement, nor the excessive wheelhop... haha.

<shrug> maybe we'll go back and see what we can do with it before doing anything else to the car... we'll see. That was a fun night thouhg, and thats what its all about anyway

Old 12-17-2007, 07:41 PM
I will sure miss my Subaru... it was in the 12's.

... enjoying my money better now

Old 12-17-2007, 09:43 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
man, you can chug that hotdog in 18sec. hahaha. jk

Old 12-17-2007, 09:50 PM
I have have been racing Honda's for 14 years. With the right tires a 2.2ft can happen.

Old 12-18-2007, 12:20 AM
Originally Posted by 6speedmaster
I have have been racing Honda's for 14 years. With the right tires a 2.2ft can happen.

Well of course... i never said that bud... i have a set of drag radials at the shop that i'd bet i can hit a 2.2 on... i'm talking about as-is-where-is, on the factory crap rubber on THAT track... lol..

"Bone Stock", as i said in that last post there, includes the tires.

Old 12-18-2007, 02:04 AM
i make enjoy race, who care slow car, fun car is what important. i know people in melbourne, i had house in hobe sound. fun place. chico enjoy florida a lot. only in america!

Old 12-18-2007, 02:31 AM
Nice post John and Kev . . . I personally think we need to find a YUGO club and challenge them. J/K though, wish I was in FL right now and not in missishitty (redneck nation). Oh, and Kev, I think John will still take you with bonestock lol.

Old 12-18-2007, 09:16 AM
Originally Posted by ComposiMo
Well of course... i never said that bud... i have a set of drag radials at the shop that i'd bet i can hit a 2.2 on... i'm talking about as-is-where-is, on the factory crap rubber on THAT track... lol..

"Bone Stock", as i said in that last post there, includes the tires.
Cool I have a set to in my in-laws warehouse in south florida I am picking up on Christmas. Maybe we can get a bunch of Fits up there to run soon at Bithlo

Old 12-18-2007, 05:30 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Wow.. Those times are horrible!!! Hahaha!
I cut a 2.3 at Speedworld with my Fit and my other 15's. (Not stock) Yes I got some good wheel hope but I just layed into it; although its bad for the diff.

Nice title BTW. Hahaha! Eww, that vid is so gross.

Old 12-18-2007, 06:20 PM
5 Year Member
Talking Crossing the twilight zone

Thanks for sharing your experience: You guys dared, I enjoy & laugh!!!

Old 12-19-2007, 01:35 AM
im gonna be in melbourne visiting friends over the christmas break so i may have to take a spin over to the track and see if i can beat your times. haha. do you guys have any special hours over the christmas break. i want to drop by and see what you guys have and maybe take some pics with your rides. maybe we can get a couple people together for a shoot or something. there seems to be a bigger fit following down there then up here. haha

Old 12-19-2007, 04:07 AM
5 Year Member
I love the spirit! You guys are great!
Fun is what counts!

Old 12-19-2007, 12:47 PM
5 Year Member
Great post! It was a fun read and the pics complemented the story perfectly.

Originally Posted by ComposiMo
Oops... maybe there were Cups in this post... oh well.
At least there's soda in them, and not something else. It took my brain a few seconds to even comprehend what was happening in that original vid. Wish I could erase it from my memory...

-Mike

Quick Reply: Two Fits, One Track... No Cup.