Fit Photos & Videos Threads for displaying photos and videos of the Honda Fit/Jazz

Tsuchiya driving Fit vs Yaris vs Mazda 2 vs Suzuki

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 04:42 AM
Tsuchiya driving Fit vs Yaris vs Mazda 2 vs Suzuki

http://www.tudou.com/v/9Ili9976xVw

Old 02-15-2008, 10:22 AM
5 Year Member
swift is a manual...that's not fair, and whats the fun in racing automatics? sigh...

Old 02-15-2008, 10:39 AM
5 Year Member
I totally enjoyed that whole segment, I had no idea what they were saying but I was laughing the entire time, especially when they were all packed in, hysterical! I know the Suzuki was a MT, but the Fit 1.5 held up well with a 2nd place around the bends!

Old 02-15-2008, 11:22 AM
Retired Moderator
LOVED IT dude!
Thanks so much for this great vid! Right off the start it seemed like our fits and the yaris were even. The new Fit was a bit faster then the current model.
Everybody thinking about getting the new Fit should watch this. The current Fit runs a track better is what it seems like to me.

Tyler

Last edited by TOOL; 02-15-2008 at 11:30 AM.
Old 02-15-2008, 11:25 AM
What's fun racing in automatics??? The same could be said about what's so fun about racing a 109HP car... with Honda's incredible design on their automatics, upshifts are extremely quick and lightning fast especially with paddle shifters, and you can even heel-toe and blip the throttle for downshifts. That's what is fun about racing automatics.

Old 02-15-2008, 11:56 AM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
i always race automatics in gran turismo

Old 02-15-2008, 12:25 PM
5 Year Member
Wow... Our fits actually hold up really well! and Kelsodeez, have you tried the real "auto" or CVT cars on gran turismo? its so fun!!! MB SL500 (new) and Nissan GTR are like REAL autos! They smoothly go to the next gear... so fun! and the Fit has CVT... i love putting the turbos on and having constant boost at redline! hahah

Old 02-15-2008, 12:41 PM
5 Year Member
wish i could see it... stupid work blocks videos...
anyone have screen caps? hehe.

Old 02-15-2008, 12:43 PM
5 Year Member
nah...in gran turismo, i drive 'MT'...i know they are sequential, but i can't stand the 'AT' shifting, it upshifts too early sometimes and definitely downshifts too late.

autos have torque converter which i hate, you get terrible response and a huge jerk forward when you want to go. you can't get the level of control that you have with a manual. i'm sure you can make up for it and get used to it, but manual is still the way to go

unless you have a dsg, or an automated manual...regular auto's just can't match up...(ie fit's paddle shifters)

i don't know anything about cvt's...so maybe they can have better performance, but cvt's in gt4 are just freakin annoying

Last edited by sl0wp0k3; 02-15-2008 at 12:45 PM.
Old 02-15-2008, 01:16 PM
5 Year Member
the CVT on the Fit in GT4 makes the car sound like a vacuum. i never tried to boost the car though.
i put the 6-speed in.

we should have a thread just for racing the fit on GT4. we will choose a track and modification limits. then we can take pictures of the screen showing our fastest lap times.

Old 02-15-2008, 01:19 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by Tofuman
the CVT on the Fit in GT4 makes the car sound like a vacuum. i never tried to boost the car though.
i put the 6-speed in.

we should have a thread just for racing the fit on GT4. we will choose a track and modification limits. then we can take pictures of the screen showing our fastest lap times.
Lets stay on topic guys(About the video).
But no doubt we WILL have a thread on GT5 when it comes

Tyler

Old 02-15-2008, 01:54 PM
s0x
5 Year Member
its important

i think its important to note that the FIT 1.5 (our fit) was probably not running an automatic with paddle shifters its running CVT wich should be more effecient than the manual lol but whatevs good video

Old 02-15-2008, 01:59 PM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
that was an exciting race haha. slow car races are the best. lol at how the drivers were jumping around to try to get more acceleration.

Old 02-15-2008, 02:19 PM
Super Moderator
Good video, I had no idea what they where saying but I got a good laugh when they where running the cars around the track fully load agents the new and old model.

Old 02-15-2008, 02:23 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Tofuman
i put the 6-speed in.

YA! my fit on gt4 is the silver one (idk what silver it is maybe SSM?) and i got the level 1 intake and exhuast (cause the other oones sounds ricey) and the original suspension package and dropped it to the ground. then i found used spoon wheels in the tire place. and i put the 6 speed in. its AWESOME! haha

if your gonna do this do the track in italy/frace. its the really narrow one. i forgot the name but its only for single race. in photo mode its sweeeeeet.

haha... my life. cant wait till GT5 for PS3! serious PS3 VTEC

Old 02-15-2008, 03:00 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by goodyonsen
YA! my fit on gt4 is the silver one (idk what silver it is maybe SSM?) and i got the level 1 intake and exhuast (cause the other oones sounds ricey) and the original suspension package and dropped it to the ground. then i found used spoon wheels in the tire place. and i put the 6 speed in. its AWESOME! haha

if your gonna do this do the track in italy/frace. its the really narrow one. i forgot the name but its only for single race. in photo mode its sweeeeeet.

haha... my life. cant wait till GT5 for PS3! serious PS3 VTEC
i think the silver on that model is satin silver metallic (also known as SSM). same color as my old EP3.

i like that track you're talking about. the only problem is the big hill climb at the end through the buildings, if you lose your momentum around the corner before the hill, you can build up speed very well on the uphill. kind of hard on the poor Fit.

i can't wait to see this video. i wish my work wouldn't block the video.

Old 02-15-2008, 04:41 PM
I loved the video It was a RIOT!!!

Interesting to see that the older vehicles held up very well. (not that we had any doubts. I would have been a bit more into it if they did MT's though. But It was still great!!!

Hey TOOL do we even have a GT4 section on this Site? errr thread I mean? uhhh...for Fits of course

GT4 FTW!
the cvt Fit in GT4 makes me
just drop in a race trans and it will act normal (normal as in shift!!!)
I love Nurburgring with the Fit it is so soothing, race one out or get a couple of
the Spoon Fits in the game and go to town on them.
Heck there is even the same track in GT4 as was in this video we just watched.
kelsodeez, yeah auto in GT4 rocks I just cant get into clicking a button to do hardcore racing, but when I do the psuedo MT thing you can actually get significantly better power through some turns and onto the straights. But even in auto mode you can hold the gear to and bounce it off the rev limiter.

I am partially on topic right?

Old 02-15-2008, 05:35 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
ooo~ need to check this out when i get home.

Old 02-15-2008, 06:55 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
ooo~ need to check this out when i get home.
hey that was fun. thanx for the link!

Old 02-15-2008, 09:03 PM
Honda Fit Forums Moderator
Lol good video. Loved it when they raced them with 4 adults inside lol.
1.5S FTW!!

Quick Reply: Tsuchiya driving Fit vs Yaris vs Mazda 2 vs Suzuki