Fit Photos & Videos Threads for displaying photos and videos of the Honda Fit/Jazz

'07 SSM Build-Up/Picture Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 10:56 PM
5 Year Member
'07 SSM Build-Up/Picture Thread - *New shiz PG. 2*

So... I've had one of these going for a while over on JDMCivic.com, but figured I'd jump on the bandwagon and start one here.

Bought the Fit on the 4th of July and drove around stock for a while. Jest enjoyed having a car that wasn't a piece of shit and the great gas mileage. Shortly after, I threw a set of Tanable DF210s on and added some Lamin-X yellow film to the fog lights.

Name:  IMG_1556.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  57.8 KB

Got bored one afternoon after having a few drinks and decided to paint the manifold cover. I found some spray paint at Autozone that was close to the Tahitian Green Pearl that used to come on EG's, and since I've always wanted one, I thought I'd show a little appreciation.

Name:  IMG_1579.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  79.6 KB

Finally got the Mugen visors on, painted the fog light surrounds flat black and also bought a temporary set of Rota Slipstreams for a meet in Alabama. My girlfriend taped the shit out of the front end of the car to keep it clean during the trip.

Name:  IMG_1592.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  84.8 KB

At the meet.

Name:  IMG_1807.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  104.7 KB

Sold the wheels to a buddy down in New Orleans the weekend after the meet and went back to stock wheels and then repainted the fog light surrounds a semi-flat black. I haven't done a thing to the car in over five months and it's time to change that.

Here's a picture of how she sits now from a meet I threw at the beginning of December.

More to come.

Last edited by Crixtala; 05-10-2008 at 02:45 PM.
Old 04-29-2008, 11:03 PM
5 Year Member
Man I wish I had a gf who would of taped my car for the Austin fit Meet

Old 04-29-2008, 11:06 PM
5 Year Member
deng....lucky you. your girlfriend did all that tape.

shoot if it was my girl, she would have only done the front lip...but your girl did the WHOLE front end.

yeah, clean car.

Old 04-29-2008, 11:15 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Noice! Congrats. How much tape for that front end and how long did that take?

Old 04-29-2008, 11:25 PM
5 Year Member
It was less than a full roll of painters tape, and she did it in the time that it took me to take a shower, so 20-30 minutes.

Thanks everybody.

Old 04-29-2008, 11:36 PM
5 Year Member
damm thats a lot of tape

Old 04-29-2008, 11:41 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Such an incredible woman! Nice job. I couldn't have done it better myself.
However, be nice to her, sir. Otherwise, she'll be taping you to the wall.

Old 04-30-2008, 12:40 AM
Retired Moderator
Last pic is awesome, nice looking car mang.

Tyler

Old 04-30-2008, 10:19 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fitiful Blue
Such an incredible woman! Nice job. I couldn't have done it better myself.
The funniest part about the tape job was that I got pulled over on the way down because I had an expired 30-day tag (mix up with the dealership), and while explaining to the officer what was going on with the tag he noticed the whole front end of my car was blue. He just walked away mid-conversation to see what was going on with the front of my car.

Old 05-06-2008, 11:14 PM
5 Year Member
Newest package to arrive had a set of these:

Name:  Picture004.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  47.5 KB

Might change out the amber ones for a set of clear ones some time down the road, we'll see.

Now I just have to buy a dremel tool.

Old 05-10-2008, 02:47 PM
5 Year Member
I gets no love.

Hahahaha.

Old 05-10-2008, 02:57 PM
5 Year Member
liking the ssm lucky you got your girl to tape it for you! i was running late on a 2 hour trip to adopt a pet rat from some girl. took forever to get it taped, probably 30 mins but i did a horrible job and it looked like a hurricane hit the tape by the time i got home hahaha. did you have any problems with your tape peeling up from the wind?

nice ride, like the paint job you did on the manifold cover. im doing a blue theme on my ssm myself, blue/silver need to get around to painting my mani cover ;p

good job when are you planning on installing the side markers? go ssm fits! haha keep up the good work. gonna get another set of rims anytime? what about tint? the tint really goes well on the ssm with the window visors, i really enjoy the look any ways.

Old 05-10-2008, 06:08 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah, the tape looked wrecked from the wind. That picture is actually at a hotel that we stayed at half way to Alabama. She's going over some of the spots that had really blown up and needed some extra help.

Don't know when I'll get a chance to add the side markers. Been crazy busy lately and have a bunch of vacation coming up in the next couple of weeks. I might just get a buddy to help out instead of going and buying a dremel tool.

I've got another set of wheels waiting for me, I'm just waiting for my stimulus check to come through to pay for them. Damn 99 at the end of my SS #. They should be paid for on the 16th and then I'll have to buy new tires for them. The stock tires are already shot.

Don't know about the tint... I don't know how hard it would be for a place to do it with the visors already installed. I don't want to take them off and don't want a tint shop to mess them up.

Old 05-10-2008, 06:08 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Cause you need more pics, Chris.

I has sidemarkers.

Old 05-10-2008, 06:11 PM
5 Year Member
Waiting for the new kicks.

And to wash the car... it hasn't had a bath since December. This drought we're going through has wrecked every chance I've had of washing her.

Oh, and I have a nice new dime sized paint chip on my rear bumper... yay... :\

Last edited by Crixtala; 05-10-2008 at 07:11 PM.
Old 05-10-2008, 06:30 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Holyass! December!? I wash my car 2 times a week normally.
I cant do that dude....

And if thats all you got wrong with your paint youre lucky.

Old 05-10-2008, 06:59 PM
5 Year Member
I wish it was... I've got rock chips out the ass on the front... valet driver scraped the shit out of my lip... scrape under drivers side fog light... blah blah blah... but this paint chip is a BAD eyesore. It's right smack in the middle of the rear bumper right on the edge.

By the way... is there an existing plug that the side markers will plug into? Or am I going to have to splice some wires?

Old 05-10-2008, 07:09 PM
5 Year Member
i think if you find a reputable tint company, it shouldnt be a problem.

Old 05-10-2008, 07:12 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
My paint isnt too bad actually. I have a total of 2 dings that arent really noticeable, and then my front fenders. Hehh
At least yours is silver and it doesnt show as much as mine.

My front bumper and lip are chipped up. But they arent from my car.
My old front bumper had NO chips. Just the ones caused by that stupid front lip.
My rear bumper has a indentation in the center where I backed into a powerbox on a light poll. I couldnt see it, I saw the poll but not the box.

No theres not a plug. You have to wire it all up yourself.

Old 05-10-2008, 07:14 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah, I had an ex-neighbor put a nice door ding uner my drivers side door handle probably a week after buying the car. Definitely was NOT happy about that.

And as for the paint chips not showing up as much... the one of the rear bumper goes all the way down to black, so it's pretty noticeable.

Quick Reply: '07 SSM Build-Up/Picture Thread