Fit Photos & Videos Threads for displaying photos and videos of the Honda Fit/Jazz

Road Warrior!!! Fit Gone Wild

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 10:32 PM
5 Year Member
Road Warrior!!! Fit Gone Wild

I've been traveling around the US in the Fit, so far, I have only gotten as far as Chicago...

At the moment, I am taking a break in Santa Ynez, Santa Barbara county. It's beautiful here, but back to the road warrior bit, my fit has hit spare tires, bugs of all sizes, a swarm of bees somewhere in socal, a swarm of moths and fireflies in Utah, a swarm of tornadoes in Nebraska and Kansas... it has survived a lot, and had 2 oil changes in a 3 week period, amazing as that is, I even got to see my son in Illinois...

I've seen beauty of all types, and I'm hoping to get to Kentucky in the next few months along with TN, FL, and OH.

here we go~~~

Old 07-10-2008, 10:36 PM
5 Year Member
I got to Illinois for my son's bday celebration, but was unable to stay for his birthday, but he knows I love him, hope he loves the cake, the duplos, and the Ball pit I got him.

Maybe I will get him this little toy car, and put it on a go-kart frame... I'm sure it isn't that hard, since the shell is quite simple to cut. (ebay ftw) Wish they had Honda related toy cars... they would be so cool.

Old 07-10-2008, 10:44 PM
5 Year Member
Wow, that is a far trip.

I'll be awaiting for more pics

Old 07-10-2008, 10:51 PM
5 Year Member
Glad you're having a good trip. That is a really cute kid! Be safe.

Old 07-10-2008, 11:11 PM
5 Year Member
cool retrofit, i'd take the hood deflector out.

Old 07-10-2008, 11:56 PM
5 Year Member
with all the driving, the hood deflector is doing its job.. more bugs on the damned deflector than on the hood... but the bugs end up on the windshield... a slight burden, but the hood doesn't need so much cleaning in the end.

I am keeping the deflector, unless something really is bothering me about it. The one thing I want is some sort of bra that can protect my mirrors/fenders/hood/windshield wipers....

Old 07-10-2008, 11:56 PM
5 Year Member
I would consider a car bra since the front is taking a beating from the bugs.
Assuming the missing pieces are at Rogue getting cf.
It's cool that you could see your son on his b-day.

Old 07-11-2008, 12:05 AM
5 Year Member
he only got the fogs from my bumper.... I lost the rest by hitting a road gator....

=\ my whole bumper caved into the radiator, it dinged the radiator, but didn't break any leaks. I bent it back on, and got more clips to hold it together, but this bumper is for road cruising only, I have a replacement stock base fit bumper at home, and I have a body kit for my car, which is 2 of a kind... at least I know no one else has one like mine.

Getting it painted when I'm done with my roadtrip.

Old 07-11-2008, 12:10 AM
cool retro's!
is the angel eyes w/ them?

Old 07-11-2008, 12:19 AM
5 Year Member
yup, transformers died, so waiting on replacement ones.

one of them died the first time going to Arizona (Jim's workshop), and the other somewhere in Nevada/Utah. Once i get it, I can wire them again.

Old 07-11-2008, 12:33 AM
wow sounds like one hell of a drive... but it also sounds like fun

Old 07-11-2008, 12:40 AM
5 Year Member
3.99!!! i paid Effing 4.72 today

Old 07-11-2008, 01:46 AM
5 Year Member
That's not the lowest I paid either =P

I paid 3.69 somewhere in Nebraska, man was it cheap... 3.99 is the price in Illinois, chicago has the same price as San Francisco, 4.79+

Hoping to get the new bumper lined with the plastic film.

Old 07-11-2008, 03:21 AM
Master FitFaker. CHEA!
yeah you should look into that clearbra.
hear it's pretty cool, and will suit you well.

that's a lot of driving,
hope you're having fun!

Old 07-11-2008, 03:27 AM
5 Year Member
hell yes, I'm having tons.

Tomorrow I'm heading out to Malibu with my bro's ugly little Civic DX that we rebuilt from scratch (engine, interior, electrical) it's a bit rigged, but hell, it runs very well, and we didn't skimp out on the safety, wish it came with ABS/Airbags though.

Either way, it's going to be a blast the next few months, and I have to make sure to make it back to San Francisco for the bay area fit meet.

Clearbra, that was the name I was thinking about, the new bumper looked awesome, can't wait to take it to someone to get it fitted with the clearbra, hope it doesnt take too long to apply the film, and I hope to get the hood repainted along with the fenders too. get those all clearbra'd

Old 07-11-2008, 03:56 AM
Road Trip!

I'm planning on roadtripping as well. I'm going to drive from Oakland, CA to Biloxi, MS for schooling and then drive to Portage, IN to meet with my old roommate. I've never drove cross country ever, so I'm buying a GPS. Any recomendations for a good GPS for a good price, i have a $400 limit.

-Paul.

Old 07-11-2008, 04:07 AM
5 Year Member
Magellan, cheap one that has up to date maps, with voice direction, don't overspend on the pronunciation, you just need a direction. Also consider getting a paper map, I noticed a few GPS crash a few times when you put in REALLY long distances, and you are on the road for over 12 hours a day, they just lock up.

Also, tape up your front with 3M blue painters tape, and consider getting a sports trailer from uhaul, 20$ a day, and you can set it up for one way travel.

Just my 2 cents since I traveled without a trailer and it was a bit cramped in the car with my 2 12" subs my first aid kits(yes more than one), full jack, electrical kit (the whole shebang) and a fire-extinguisher. that wooden box in my trunk came in very handy =D

Last edited by CuTeBoi; 07-11-2008 at 04:14 AM.
Old 07-11-2008, 04:12 AM
taping my front sounds like an awesome idea! i wouldn't have thought of that. i really don't want to buy a bra or guard at all. about the Fit's small gas tank.... what's your typical mpg driving on the highway?

Old 07-11-2008, 04:24 AM
5 Year Member
My car was loaded with:

2 12" subwoofer "wedge" in the trunk.
2x first aid kits
1x fire extinguisher
1x Ryobi power tool kit with flashlight, drill, reciprocal saw, and 4 batteries.
1x jack
1x crowbar
1x clear box (from costco) loaded with cothes, cellphone wires, and a scanner
1x cardboard box with dry foods, and bowl
1x electrical kit containing spare wire, zip ties, DUCT TAPE (BIG ROLL!!!!), wire crimps, crimpers, digital power meter, and spare fuses...

NOTES ON THE LIST: the zip ties came in handy to reatach my bumper when the clips broke off, the crimper cut the zip ties as needed to look decent.

My plastic spoons were jacked from subway, I ate my lunch/dinner on the road, getting the 5$ footlong of my choice, they were big enough to cover lunch and dinner. made sure to get the water bottles with the sip top (the ones that pop up) and had 2 gallons of fresh water to re-fill bottles.

Also, for those that are on the speed trip, get gatorade bottles, the larger ones, not the small 24 oz ones, they don't hold enough... bodily fluid... tried it since I was on a speed race to get to Illinois in less than 2 days (wanted to see my son before a job interview in Chicago). and ended up not stopping from my 85mph drive-a-thon...

Anyways, the things I would change of this whole setup is getting a sports trailer, the tiny ones from Uhaul, 20$ a day. And the other thing is tape up my front, but when you hit a road gator, it's all about how much damage they do, I lost my front bumper, grill, and almost lost the radiator... so... taping the front will help with the bugs and small sized rocks, anything larger, you're on your own, and you better have the supplies to get yourself out of a pickel.

I have court in south SF, and I am stuck in the CALI area till the 15th, after that, i will be using the current bumper for the road trip, and the new one for when I'm done with my road trip. I'll be taping up the car's front end when I get there, AFTER I clear off the bugs, get some 3 layers of hard wax, and detail the rest of the car.

Old 07-11-2008, 04:25 AM
5 Year Member
check my first set of images, I was driving between 75~85 cruise controlled speeds. In Knoxville IL I made one of my stops, and I had gotten good mileage.

Quick Reply: Road Warrior!!! Fit Gone Wild