Fit Photos & Videos Threads for displaying photos and videos of the Honda Fit/Jazz

Fit gets rear ended !! and all h*** breaks loose

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 10:43 PM
RubberBabyBuggyBumpers
Fit gets rear ended !! and all h*** breaks loose

Ok so june 27 im on my way home from picking up some formula for my daughter. its about midnight and im stopped at a red light on goldenrod and curry ford and in my driver side rear mirror i see a toyota coming up reallll fast..

all of a sudden he slams into a ford taurus and before i could throw it 1st and and move out the way i get rear ended and pushed into the intersection right as the light turns green... now get this...the guy who pushed the ford into me tries to leave ???!! so me and a another guy in traffic follow him into a neighborhood where his car smokes out and dies.. now heres the fun part state troopers get there almost an hour later takes all the information down.. gives the guy who was obviously drunk a sobriety test and then pass him because he can follow the pen correctly even though he is stumbling over his feet.. so i get the car home and the following day take pictures for geico (sh*t insurance company).. and heres the damage

well besides the bumber being crushed to hell and bulging at the sides the hatch was pushed in so far it wasnt registering as being closed so no auto locks or alarm.. and the bumber support was pushed in on the right side..i was soo suprised my aspec exhaust and tailights weren't demolished..

so couple days later turns out neither of the guys involved in the accident had insurance so out of my pocket comes 1000 dollars deductible for the repairs...... but even more funn follows..

the insurance company decides to send my car to greenway ford for repairs and after the 4 day repair process i go to pick the car up

the clear coat had bubbles in it.. they didnt fix the alarm problem and on top of that now i had no working tail lights.. mind u they worked when i took the car in ... they buffed out the bubbles in the clear coat and acted like they didnt know what i was talking about with the electrical issue.. so my adjusters solution........"take it to honda because we do repairs not electrical" lmao yeaaaaaa

sorry for the long post if your still reading just a little frustrated..

so i take the car to Coggin Honda from where i bought the car in 07 and they wanted to charge me 200 for electrical diagnostic and then whatever the cost for labor and repairs... so i call geico to b*tch them out some more so they work a deal with honda to fix the car.. so ron the service advisor (awesome guy btw) gets the techs to pull the car apart again and find 3 things..one of the harnesses wasn't even plugged in so there was no power to both tails and they found a wet harness that shorted out fuse location 22 which also killed the lights in my dash and one of the wires was knicked and was touching metal...

so here we are 5 weeks later my car is finished fixed i still havent been reimbursed for my deductible which geico claims there gonna recover from the driver at fault and i got 200 something dollars on a credit card for the damn rental pt loser i had.. i lost my vtec emblem cause it was bent beyond looking normal and my tailight on the right side has a little more gap then usual.. i will never go to greenway ford for anything and i was sure to let geico know i wont be renewing my policy with them

Old 08-07-2008, 10:50 PM
drunk florida drivers ftl... atleast your ok and you were able to follow him.

Old 08-07-2008, 10:54 PM
RubberBabyBuggyBumpers
thanks.. i was in shock at first and then i realized how lucky i was my daughter wasn't in the car and i lost it.. if i didn't have to be at work the next morning i would of went to jail for breakin my foot off in his a** lol

Old 08-07-2008, 11:32 PM
5 Year Member
Most important thing is you are all right.
Fcuk people who drive drunk and don't have insurance.

Old 08-07-2008, 11:44 PM
iHardpark
dam dude that sucks hope you can get all that stuff fixed and glad you and your fam are ok

Old 08-07-2008, 11:56 PM
Retired Moderator
Geez, what a horror story.
Drunk drivers FTL.
Glas you are ok, and things got somewhat worked out in the end.

Old 08-08-2008, 12:09 AM
RubberBabyBuggyBumpers
thanks to all u guys... i think the best part about the whole situation is that i got motivated to finally do some real mods.. i threw in 8k hids and my skunk2 springs i bought from sickfit.. i figured hey if ima get hit again (god forbid) i should at least do it in style lol

Old 08-08-2008, 12:31 AM
5 Year Member
Man sorry to hear but glad you are OK. You should be suing that guys ass that hit you. A single penny should not be coming out of your pocket because of some ass. I woulda had a hard time not beatin the piss out of the guy.

Old 08-08-2008, 01:03 AM
RubberBabyBuggyBumpers
Thanx Rod.. im lucky i took anger management when i was 18 lol..but im working on a civil suit but the insurance company is also tryna recover the 3 grand in repairs from the guy because of some issue he had with nationwide he made a late payment so when they found out he caused an accident they said it was cancelled to avoid paying out.. but i dont know the exact details of the two insurance companies battle lol...the girl handling my claim at geico is saying that i should get a full reimbursement and told her im not waiting more than 90 days.. my family attorney is like a pitbull waiting to be let of the leash right now lol.. florida no fault laws only apply to bodily injury in this case its property damage so im giving geico a little bit more time until i pull the trigger and sue..

Old 08-08-2008, 02:02 AM
Anger management or not once I got my ass out of the car and the shock was gone I would have ended up smashing his head through something. Hey if he is still in the car you never know he could have smashed his head through the windshield during the accident

Old 08-08-2008, 02:16 AM
RubberBabyBuggyBumpers
the dumb ass actually smashed his head against the steering wheel and his horn was stuck while driving away lol ... he was obviously drunk because he kept repeating...my brakes my brakes my head .... and when he came out the car he had one sandal on and a knot on his forehead the size of a orange...its good i can laugh about it tho

Old 08-08-2008, 11:18 AM
5 Year Member
Just got out of jury duty for a DUI case. Threw the book at the loser.

Glad to hear you are ok.

Old 08-08-2008, 02:09 PM
I'm glad you are okay and your daughter was not in the car when it happened but why did you not speak up when your insurance company sent your car to a Ford dealer for the repairs and not a Honda dealer?

Old 08-08-2008, 02:33 PM
wow, what a nightmare. sorry about your luck

Old 08-08-2008, 02:37 PM
Avid FitFreak Poster
5 Year Member
dammn that sucks. atleast you're alright. if you were in socal i'd help you with that gap... hopefully you'll find someone to fix that for you, but atleast everything else is fixed

Old 08-08-2008, 02:57 PM
5 Year Member
Damn that sucks. Glad that you are OK.
I got rear ended last Saturday, so I feel your pain.
Florida Drivers FTL!

Old 08-08-2008, 03:02 PM
5 Year Member
glad you're okay, yeah those stupid drunk drivers... the MINI that's listed in my sig was killed by a drunk driver almost a year ago, and i'm still taking care of crap from that accident...sorry about your car.

Old 08-08-2008, 04:00 PM
ouch!
glad ur alrite. n suprisingly ur exhaust didnt even bend or move?

Old 08-08-2008, 11:46 PM
RubberBabyBuggyBumpers
Originally Posted by Biven5
I'm glad you are okay and your daughter was not in the car when it happened but why did you not speak up when your insurance company sent your car to a Ford dealer for the repairs and not a Honda dealer?

I did but sending it to greenway was the quickest way as the fit is my dd..

Old 08-08-2008, 11:50 PM
RubberBabyBuggyBumpers
Originally Posted by ascGD3
ouch!
glad ur alrite. n suprisingly ur exhaust didnt even bend or move?

nope i jacked the car up and followed all the piping no bends or cracks.. that Aspec exhaust is a beast lol

Quick Reply: Fit gets rear ended !! and all h*** breaks loose