Fit Photos & Videos Threads for displaying photos and videos of the Honda Fit/Jazz

pictures of my painted calipers

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 01:47 PM
looks nice...for now. haha
I've done painted callipers for myself and abunch of friends before - never on a fit though - and unless you keep your car super clean and use the cleanest dusting ceramic brake pads, they're gunna get nasty and nasty fast. I think what would help solve that problem is finding some sort of high temp clear coat/sealant, so the brake dust and debris doesnt damage and stick to the paint as much.
They do start looking pretty nasty if not kept clean often.
Black is a good color to go with. It'll match the rear drums and brake dust shows up a bit less.

Lastly, if you have an entire day when you can do this and not need your car, clean up the callipers real nice, put on the first coat, let dry, then put on a 2nd and even 3rd. Making sure to leave enough time between coats to dry and try to make it as dust free as possible before layering on. It'll look a lot better. And of course it looks best if you could just the whole brake assembly off completely and just paint on a workbench. =)

Old 09-13-2008, 02:28 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by nodrogkam
looks nice...for now. haha
I've done painted callipers for myself and abunch of friends before - never on a fit though - and unless you keep your car super clean and use the cleanest dusting ceramic brake pads, they're gunna get nasty and nasty fast. I think what would help solve that problem is finding some sort of high temp clear coat/sealant, so the brake dust and debris doesnt damage and stick to the paint as much.
They do start looking pretty nasty if not kept clean often.
Black is a good color to go with. It'll match the rear drums and brake dust shows up a bit less.

Lastly, if you have an entire day when you can do this and not need your car, clean up the callipers real nice, put on the first coat, let dry, then put on a 2nd and even 3rd. Making sure to leave enough time between coats to dry and try to make it as dust free as possible before layering on. It'll look a lot better. And of course it looks best if you could just the whole brake assembly off completely and just paint on a workbench. =)

it says on the box that the paint is brake dust resistant

Old 09-13-2008, 02:50 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by BramptonFit
I don't get it, why draw attention to stock calipers that are real small?
Same reason as drawing attention to a car that has 109hp! I personally like it also. Putting massive brakes on the Fit is just as pointless, the stock ones do a fine job as is.

Old 09-13-2008, 02:57 PM
I like it a lot man. I might do this pretty soon too

Old 09-13-2008, 03:25 PM
Originally Posted by xonexlifex
it says on the box that the paint is brake dust resistant
My friends and I all use the same kits from Duplicolor. Its resistant but certainly not proof, and when its heated during braking, it inevitibly attracts more dust and road grime.
The Fit has decent pads - i don't notice it being too dusty (like some of those BMW's). Hopefully they'll stay looking nice with the least amount of care for you.

Old 09-13-2008, 03:26 PM
I like the red. I think it's better than if you had color matched them to your paint.

But one thing I don't understand about the painted stock brakes, why are the fronts not the same color as the back? I don't get it.

Though I do appreciate that extra special attention that Honda made. My Ford Ranger never had it, until I painted them. I got new rims and wanted them to kinda blend in better. So I went black... looked tons better.

I painted them on the truck... can I ask a dumb question?

OK.. no ones looking...

Did you take them off to paint them?

Old 09-13-2008, 03:53 PM
hey I was gonna ask the same thing but didn't want to seem ignorant lol thanks

Old 09-13-2008, 05:29 PM
just dont make it yellow and green cause thats really loose money alot of people do it here and it makes their car look wack red or black is the best choice in my opinion

Old 09-13-2008, 06:00 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fat Ping Cat
i support you too...

but you know a lot of these guys here are hardcore modders

yes they are. hardcore modding a car that at the end of the day is still just a fun to drive, nicely appointed, affordable hatchback.

i love my fit, and cant wait to start on some mods, but some of us fit modders need to tone it down.

there are guys driving more powerful cars out there that would look at your mods as wastes of time too.

and you would justify it by saying that its your car and you enjoy it and thats all that matters.

how is this any different?

oh wait! its not.

they look good man. there is FAR worse that you can do to your car.

Old 09-13-2008, 06:12 PM
atleast i got one person that likes them
No offense but come on.... grow some balls. Honestly who cares? You like it and that's all that matters. I don't know why someone (you) would care if some random jackass on the internet (me) thinks your newest mod looks stupid.

Now no offense to anyone specifically, cause this is a blanket statement but none of your opinions matter to me, affect me, or dictate how I mod my car.... I may ask for opinions, someone might point something out I didn't pick up on but at the end of the day its my car its my choice. I don't know you guys, you guys don't know me, all you are is a name on a computer.

It's personal preference, its your car, you like it so enjoy it.

Old 09-13-2008, 06:42 PM
hey enjoito what movie is that from in your sig. Her face looks familiar, she's gorgeous lol that kid looks like he creamed himself. I probably would too lol

Old 09-13-2008, 06:59 PM
Originally Posted by Darkstars
No offense but come on.... grow some balls. Honestly who cares? You like it and that's all that matters. I don't know why someone (you) would care if some random jackass on the internet (me) thinks your newest mod looks stupid.
lol im not usually a hater but I have to agree with darkstars. Not only do I not like the calipers,but if you like a mod you did then who cares if some people on a forum say they dont?idk maybe its a straight edge thing....

Old 09-14-2008, 04:02 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Pepperinyoureye
lol im not usually a hater but I have to agree with darkstars. Not only do I not like the calipers,but if you like a mod you did then who cares if some people on a forum say they dont?idk maybe its a straight edge thing....
what the hell does me being straight edge have to do with anything?

Old 09-14-2008, 04:14 PM
Understand the irony here....they are PAINTED silver by Honda at the factory.....Personaly I've always paintd mine black....

Old 09-14-2008, 04:44 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 1990hondahf
Understand the irony here....they are PAINTED silver by Honda at the factory.....Personaly I've always paintd mine black....
ya i understand that and most people say to paint them black, but i just wanted it to kinda match my emblems and red crap i got on the car, its not the fact of me painting them, its just the fact that why bother saying anything if your just going to say how dumb it is, or i shuld have done this or i shuld have done that, all i did was ask what you all think, a simple its not my thing but its cool if you like it and it looks good, but everyone takes over these threads and brings everything way off topic, i just wish everyone would be a little more positive, sure it must be nice to have butt loads of money to fix the crap out of these cars but a lot of people dont, and we have to do what we can afford, i just thought it would look cool thats all, theres no reason to upgrade these brakes anyway they work good, so i just wanted to bring them alittle bit of style, i mean everyone keeps saying grow some balls and all this crap but i just think its stupid how much some one can get put down on this forum daily, lets just say put yourself in my shoes. just be positive to everyone on here guys nomatter how stupid the mod is, theres no reason to make em feel stupid about something that they are soooooo excited about and show off.

Old 09-14-2008, 04:56 PM
5 Year Member
i'm going to paint my calipers now...

well not now but like tuesday or something... black

Old 09-14-2008, 05:24 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fat Ping Cat
i'm going to paint my calipers now...

well not now but like tuesday or something... black
im glad to hear it bro, cant wait to see what they look like!

Old 09-14-2008, 05:37 PM
Luvs Dah b00st!
ohhhh i like that on a VBP fit, looks good

Old 09-14-2008, 05:49 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by gd3kamiwanaB
ohhhh i like that on a VBP fit, looks good
thanx bud, i think it looks really good on the VBP fits too. i mean no one but u guys would know that they were stock brakes, if i would have just said check out my new brakes alot of people would be like damn what kind are those?

Old 09-14-2008, 06:09 PM
why bother saying anything if your just going to say how dumb it is, or i shuld have done this or i shuld have done that

all i did was ask what you all think
are you serious? LOL

Don't ask for opinions and then complain casue you don' liek what people have to say. You asked.

i just think its stupid how much some one can get put down on this forum daily, lets just say put yourself in my shoes. just be positive to everyone on here guys nomatter how stupid the mod is, theres no reason to make em feel stupid about something that they are soooooo excited about and show off.
No one is putting you down, people don't like your red brakes. If we were just trying to put you down I'm sure you'd have many comments about that sweet windshield banner.... but you didn't ask for opinions on that so noone has said anything about that. If strangers on the internet hurt your feelings by not liking your car, well that's flat out pathetic to be blunt.

As for putting ourselves in your shoes... my last project car was a Chevy Cavalier I built for auto X / road racing. Show up at a race track in a cavalier, tell people your making a racecar out of a cavalier, talk to a bunch of car guys/forums whatever and then tell them you drive a cavalier.... your shoes would be looking pretty comfy Not once I did I ever cry about it and throw out lets all be friends and holds hand crap, I never complained casue noone liked my car, I didn't care what anyone thought. Why would I?

Why is the aproval of complete strangers so important to you?

Quick Reply: pictures of my painted calipers