Fit Photos & Videos Threads for displaying photos and videos of the Honda Fit/Jazz

SSM fall pix, finally lowered!! (56k go driving)

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 07:41 PM
5 Year Member
this is true. but the regas seem kinda played. I seen them all over the place. They are hella clean tho. and a name like regamaster its just awesome.

Old 10-14-2008, 07:43 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by bigtoepfer
this is true. but the regas seem kinda played. I seen them all over the place. They are hella clean tho. and a name like regamaster its just awesome.
Really you think so? Regamasters are rare to me. A lot of people in my area rock Rota Slipstreams. The fake Spoon SW388s.

Old 10-14-2008, 07:47 PM
5 Year Member
nice stance dude. should look better once they settle in a week or two

Old 10-14-2008, 10:03 PM
Thanks guys. I hope the rears settle in a wee bit more... But yeah, about wheels being played out. I see it this way, any wheel you wanna get, other people will most likely have it and shit, if it looks super clean on your car, then by all means go for it. I hate when people try to get all original and get wheels that look just stupid like teddy bear wheels jdm yo! haha. (I swear I saw em on a scion forum. teddy bear wheels..??!! WTF)

AHAH! I found em, I'm getting these:
http://www.potn.co.uk/blog/wp-conten...eddywheels.jpg

Old 10-14-2008, 10:30 PM
Rad
fuuuck yeah man
shits lookin good!

ive been debating hard on getting either the sportlines or the pro-series and i think your pushing me towards the sportlines.

but please i need to know if you've had rubbing/scrapping issues!!
im runnin 15x7's with stock tire size and wanna know how those springs handle

Old 10-14-2008, 10:31 PM
5 Year Member
O LAWDY MA JAYDEEMMNESS IS COMPLETE WITH MA TEDDEE BARS!!!!

that is quite amazing. Looks like teddy grams from back in the day. Dont know if they still make em my favorite was the red box cinnamon flavor. apparetnlty they do still make them

Old 10-14-2008, 10:35 PM
Originally Posted by Rad
fuuuck yeah man
shits lookin good!

ive been debating hard on getting either the sportlines or the pro-series and i think your pushing me towards the sportlines.

but please i need to know if you've had rubbing/scrapping issues!!
im runnin 15x7's with stock tire size and wanna know how those springs handle
Uh, no rubbing issues at all man. Of course you have .5" wider wheel but I think you will be ok. I was thinkin of getting 15x7 wheels. But don't take my word for it. theres gotta be something in a thread somewhere about that fitment. But it looks like I still have a good bit of clearance if needed.

As for handling, the are stiffer than stock, but not extremely stiff. You still get a lil bit of body roll from HARD cornering but I mean, they are so perfect for daily. They have good spring rates so you don't hit a bump then hit your head on the ceiling. It is still a mellow ride, just stiffer in the corners. You def. wanna get toe adjusted after lowering cause even with my mild drop my toe is off. It handles better but wears tires waay faster than if it threw off camber.

Old 10-14-2008, 10:36 PM
Haha TEDEEE BEARS!!! LMAO those things were the shit. We always used to fight over them at school...haha

Old 10-14-2008, 10:38 PM
Rad
word
when you got your toe adjusted, did it cost a grip.
this'll be the first time doing this for me

Old 10-14-2008, 10:41 PM
5 Year Member
Old 10-14-2008, 10:56 PM
I haven't got it adjusted yet lol. I love the responsiveness it has now. You won't lose grip, it will just loose a lil bit of responsiveness. When you drive down the road and turn the wheel left and right rapidly it is a little sluggish stock, but with the toe adjustment, it just makes it turn really quick. But no, you won't lose grip in that aspect. Now you will overall because when you lower the car, the suspension becomes stiffer. Whenever you stiffen suspension, always expect to have to get grippier tires if you want to run the corners really fast. It won't hurt for daily driving but for autoX def. get better tires. Theoretically if you were to run a lowered fit with stock tires against a reg fit with stock tires, the regular fit would have better grip.

Also, it will cost more than a regular alignment. I got quoted 80 bucks from a reputable local shop. But thats for a full alignment. It should be cheaper for just a toe adjustment.

Last edited by tougerunner86; 10-14-2008 at 10:58 PM.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:05 PM
Rad
Originally Posted by tougerunner86
I haven't got it adjusted yet lol. I love the responsiveness it has now. You won't lose grip, it will just loose a lil bit of responsiveness. When you drive down the road and turn the wheel left and right rapidly it is a little sluggish stock, but with the toe adjustment, it just makes it turn really quick. But no, you won't lose grip in that aspect. Now you will overall because when you lower the car, the suspension becomes stiffer. Whenever you stiffen suspension, always expect to have to get grippier tires if you want to run the corners really fast. It won't hurt for daily driving but for autoX def. get better tires. Theoretically if you were to run a lowered fit with stock tires against a reg fit with stock tires, the regular fit would have better grip.

Also, it will cost more than a regular alignment. I got quoted 80 bucks from a reputable local shop. But thats for a full alignment. It should be cheaper for just a toe adjustment.
oh word
yeah mines just a daily driver, no crazy-racing for me (athough the thought is fun).
Im trying to mod my fit while making sure not to **** it up, lol
but goddamn thats such a good stance

Old 10-14-2008, 11:17 PM
Hah, that was my biggest fear, F-ing it up. I figured "why modify a brand new car" I did the springs and now I can't stop thinking about what else I wanna do lol. But yeah, the stance is sexy as hell. Get em man, you will like them. They are a perfect spring rate for daily driving and all

Old 10-14-2008, 11:19 PM
Rad
Hah, that was my biggest fear, F-ing it up. I figured "why modify a brand new car" I did the springs and now I can't stop thinking about what else I wanna do lol. But yeah, the stance is sexy as hell. Get em man, you will like them. They are a perfect spring rate for daily driving and all
this is pretty much what i needed for my decision too
finding someone who can give me good straight info about this.
SSM Fits FTW btw

Old 10-14-2008, 11:33 PM
Heh, I was actually just wishing I had bought a black fit but I now that I think about it, SSM FTW! But if you need to know anything else, lemme know man, I know its hard to find straight info on stuff sometimes.

Old 10-14-2008, 11:34 PM
Rad
Heh, I was actually just wishing I had bought a black fit but I now that I think about it, SSM FTW! But if you need to know anything else, lemme know man, I know its hard to find straight info on stuff sometimes.
word
ill deffinatly keep that in mind

Old 10-15-2008, 12:27 AM
5 Year Member
I'm planning to get these for my DB8.

Once you start modding, it never ends...

Old 10-15-2008, 01:09 AM
Haha yeah, I just ordered some Spoon reservoir covers because I can't decide what to get next, and I wanted something "spoon" to add to the list so why not eh?! haha.

Old 10-15-2008, 01:14 AM
5 Year Member
Haha yeah, I just ordered some Spoon reservoir covers because I can't decide what to get next, and I wanted something "spoon" to add to the list so why not eh?! haha.
You should ask Edmun, the President of Opak Racing for a Spoon Certified Performance plaque. That's if he still has some. Tell him that you know Matt Eugenio (Who drives a green DB8).

Name:  SpoonRegistration01.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  25.6 KB

Check out www.spoonsports.us since you're a Spoon whore like me.

Old 10-15-2008, 01:41 AM
Dude I was wondering about that. That is SO F-ing SICK!!! I will, but the only problem is, do we have to have alot of spoon stuff on our car? lol Cause all I have now is shift knob and reservoir covers lol.

Quick Reply: SSM fall pix, finally lowered!! (56k go driving)