Fit Photos & Videos Threads for displaying photos and videos of the Honda Fit/Jazz

photoshopped a pic of my drop

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 08:14 PM
photoshopped a pic of my drop

fast photochop of my car dropped, this is how i want it to sit. can i achieve this with just coils? i absolutely cannot justify going coilovers, i want to improve handling and am not too concerned with ride quality, would swift springs be best for me?

Name:  Christina1of1-2.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  99.0 KB
Name:  Christina1of1.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  100.5 KB

Old 07-14-2011, 08:37 PM
Swift springs wont drop you that low. That kind of drop needs Eibach sportlines or Tein S techs. Sportlines are lower so go with those.

Coils of course will get you that low depending on the coils.

Old 07-14-2011, 08:40 PM
5 Year Member
go with the eibach sportlines. and i would invest in the ajr bumpsteer. those 2 together will improve your handling at a reasonable price. you can pick up a set of used springs for cheap!

Old 07-14-2011, 08:44 PM
thanks for the recommendations, i am not too familiar with the ajr bumpsteer you told me about SD can you explain what it is and what it does? by the way your red fit has always been one of my all time favorites

Old 07-14-2011, 08:54 PM
5 Year Member
can't wait to see the picture of the "dropped" fit

Old 07-14-2011, 09:00 PM
5 Year Member
thanks for the compliment. lurking around this forum makes me miss the car. but ive moved on to i guess better things. but one day i will buy another fit.

i guess they dont make it anymore. man ive been out of the game for too long. just grab the eibach sportlines and a rear sway bar and you will have fun. you can probably pick it up for under 350 all together. no more then 4 bills.

solbrothers....haha you havnt changed.

Old 07-14-2011, 11:32 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by PowerHungryFIT
fast photochop of my car dropped, this is how i want it to sit. can i achieve this with just coils? i absolutely cannot justify going coilovers, i want to improve handling and am not too concerned with ride quality, would swift springs be best for me?

If cosmetics is more important to you than springs that won't overwork your shocks on rebound and eventually turn them to mush, I would go with the Swift springs... Unlike the other brand that are sold to alter the appearance of your car the Swift are engineered to work properly with stock shocks with only a 3% change in spring rate when compressed 4 inches so your shocks will be operating like stock by allowing full travel but the dampening will be more effective because of the small change in spring rate when compressed... They drop the rear about 3/4" and the front 1 1/2" Your wheels will maintain better contact with the road even over bumps and washboard surfaced turns.... You don't suffer ride quality because the loss with other springs is due to the increase in spring rate as they are compressed, overpowering the shocks ability to dampen... The Swifts are firmer than the stock springs but comfortably so.... The forward bias rake angle is an improvement over stock and provides less understeer and better traction from a dead stop.... Swift springs are the only brand I even considered using. I am particular and have spent a lot of time and money on things that enhance the driving experience and Swift has been creating spring sets for all kinds of high dollar cars and are raved about in every forum I've read of them on before getting them for my car.... I used Eibachs and another brand years ago on VWs I was driving and never could I consider aftermarket springs for any car I owned until I checked these Swift springs out.

Old 07-14-2011, 11:46 PM
cosmetics are not my top priority but i want to go as low as possible on springs. i have looked into swifts but they don't seem to go as low as i like my car to sit. it is about finding balance between where the car looks best and improving the handling as much as possible. i know that ride quality, how low it sits, and ride quality must all be balanced; of those three ride comfort is my least concern.