Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Fit Photos & Videos (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-photos-videos/)
-   -   Konix's VTI-S Jazz (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-photos-videos/72884-konixs-vti-s-jazz.html)

kimgt 10-08-2012 08:25 PM

looking good, keep it up.

dj_konix 10-14-2012 09:23 PM

3 Attachment(s)
UPDATE:
So with the set of wheels i have been rebuilding i was missing one part, one of the centre lock rings for the centre cap.
It's not overly easy to find another one :( anyway i did my weekly attempt at ebay searching "4x100 wheels" and i found these gems:
Attachment 22846
Attachment 22847
Attachment 22848

Auction ended yesterday and got them for a steal :) im going to keep the centre caps and rings off this set as spares.
Now these rims come in a staggered set so i'm going to take the old 8" volk lips from my other set and put them on the 7"s to have another set of 16x8", then put a set of tyres on them and hopefully recoup some of the money i have spent building the first set :)

dj_konix 10-17-2012 04:11 AM

2 Attachment(s)
UPDATE:
Spare wheels have been paid for and being couriered as we speak. Onto a few other lil odd's and end's.
I put my cusco c pillar bar in but haven't got a picture yet, it feels ever so slightly stiffer in the rear and doesn't obstruct my view much.

Few parcels arrived:
Attachment 22812
My Dampachi Mascot, i thought if i had the coilovers, the edfc, and even the tein keyring i might aswell be a total fanboy haha

Next was a little gift from honda:
Attachment 22813
Honda Access Metal Pedal Covers, i hate aftermarker pedal covers, they usually look tacky but these OEM ones from honda fit perfect and look good :)

Umm, not much else to update other than i have a mugen grille on the way and i'm hopefully getting a front cusco strut brace. Next thing to buy is the camber bolts and shims.

dj_konix 10-19-2012 11:45 PM

3 Attachment(s)
UPDATE:
Yesterday i picked the inner barrels back up and the job was much better, well good enough to grab them and take them straight to my wheel builder to be put together.
i grabbed a snapped with all the part sitting together before he drilled the holes:
Attachment 22764
Pic of some of the lips drilled:
Attachment 22765

Now yesterday i decided i would pull half of the 144 wheel bolts out of the bucked of cleaning solution and try cleaning them..."try" is a good word as it's a complete bitch of job :( i got all the old silicon of the thread but couldn't get any of the 20 year old sediment off the head of the bolts.
Attachment 22766
This is where i came across Ray from RAW works that informed me i can actually buy these bolts from http://www.titanium-touch.de/ in Germany so hopefully int he next day or two i will organise to have these shipped asap.
Ended up going with Achilles ATR Sport tyres in 195/45/r16 as they were cheap, decent quality, and stretch nice :)
That is all for today :P

Matt_chang 10-20-2012 02:30 AM

Awesome job bro

dj_konix 10-22-2012 06:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
^ Cheers :)

UPDATE:
Went and bought some fresh new tyres:
Attachment 22731
Achilles ATR Sport in 195/45/r16. I would of gone even smaller but here in Tasmania it's hard to find other non popular profiles =/

Steezo 10-22-2012 07:03 AM

hurry up and get these on the fit already!

dj_konix 10-22-2012 03:10 PM

i should of just bought already done wheels but this process takes aaaages and costs alot. I am trying to order new wheel bolts from germany atm and get them express shipped as my wheels are ready now to be put back together and i dont want to have to pay the guy to repolish my old bolts.

Hopefully it's very soon as im starting to lose patience with it haha :P
Need to get my guards rolled asap too, anyone got any tips?

Fit4Trav 10-22-2012 04:06 PM

Make sure to heat up the fenders and roll using a fender roller. If not avaiable use a baseball bat. Try not to pull as you roll...you'll get waviness (is that even a word lol) in the fender

Steezo 10-22-2012 08:31 PM

see if a local shop has a fender roller you can rent. We have a few automotive shops around our area that you can rent them for a day. Definitely worth it rather than doing the baseball bat option. Just an idea..

dj_konix 10-23-2012 06:10 AM

definitely no baseball effort, done that to a datsun 510 once with flaring..looked good but wouldnt do it to a new car. Unfortunately they dont have places to rent them here as modifying is pretty frowned upon here in tas. Very minimal people here actually try "fitment" as either:
1. too scared to buy decent wheels
2. too cheap to buy decent wheels
3. bodyworks cost too much to roll/flare guards
4. Police bend you over for fitment

Steezo 10-23-2012 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by dj_konix (Post 1140999)
4. Police bend you over for fitment

If its a female cop then HECK YES!

dj_konix 10-24-2012 02:53 AM

Originally Posted by Steezo (Post 1141002)
If its a female cop then HECK YES!

we have a fair few hot female cops...but ALOT more ugly a$$hole unfriendly male cops :(

UPDATE:
So now it's got to the point that i had sourced brand new wheel bolts from germany...
Problem is they wanted nearly $400 before shipping!!! no way! :(
So i went and spoke to my wheel builder who said "CBF doing them, but i know a guy that will"
So i went and saw a guy by the name of Rory at Tas Plating Services who is happily polish all my old bolts back to their old shiny self and will have them back to my wheel builder by the end of the week :) so next photo should be of the wheels FINALLY completed....or it could be a pic of my latest purchase hahah =D

dj_konix 10-26-2012 04:21 AM

6 Attachment(s)
UPDATE:
So today i decided to use the other set of volk gr-c's for testing fitment (i hadn't bolted them up previously because i had no wheel nuts to suit)
Now before people start trapping off about how they are not flush...this is not the reason for testing them, it was to make sure they cleared everything.
Rears on:
Attachment 22674
Attachment 22675
Attachment 22676

All On:
Attachment 22677

Then i decided to take it for a drive....ba bow! would not move, seems the wheel/tyre was hitting the rear arm :(
I then tried with a 3mm spacer, still no go...
I tried with a 8mm spacer, STILL no go >=(
There has to be an issue but ran out of time and spacers to try.

I drove down to my wheel builder to let him know my issues and noticed he has finished my wheels :)
Attachment 22678
Attachment 22679

The look spot on perfect, only let down now is the scratched centre cap but i will fix that down the road i think.
Then he proceeds to tell me he has an issue with bolting them back up.
Back when i was trying to buy new bolts last week i kept in contact with Ray from RAW Works the whole time as he has rebuilt a set of these and he told me "the original bolts are M6" but when i measured them they were M7... yes it was M7, but only the front wheels had M7 bolts and the rears had M6 (DA FUQ?!?)
So he had bolted them up all over the show with M6 and M7 bolts and now needs to pull the smaller bolts out of the thinner pair and redo them.
Argggh! im happy this day is over and just wish that tassie wasn't soo sh*t and can't find decent size bolt on spacers locally.

monaknight03 10-26-2012 07:21 AM

oops Gonna be their!!!

dj_konix 11-01-2012 05:44 AM

4 Attachment(s)
UPDATE:

Tested some spacers the other day, and had some minor success :)
Problem i have is, this:
Attachment 22554
this lower arm is huge and nearly hits with stock wheels let alone 2.5"/3" wider.
Now my wheels are meant to be 16x8/16x8.5" +35/+38 but i didnt factor in the adaptor that volk sold the wheels with making them (adding in extra size) +33/+41 =/
New spacers on their way to fix the rear issues but here is the rear with 15mm spacers on the 16x8 second wheels:
Attachment 22555
Attachment 22556
Attachment 22557

swade 11-01-2012 11:57 AM

Looking good!

dj_konix 11-01-2012 04:44 PM

Cheers Swade :)

Anyone running the password jdm intake? im interested and already have a slimline battery but didnt know what else i would need to run that intake?

dj_konix 11-02-2012 03:30 AM

2 Attachment(s)
UPDATE:
D Day!!!! time to put some wheels on =D
Down at my wheel builder, the first thing i see are these:
Attachment 22534
Fronts fit perfect, end size and offset is 16x8+30
Rears won't fit yet, problem being that i ordered hubcentric spacers from a mainland company monday and they hadnt shown up today so i emailed them and got an email back saying they sent them off today...FARK!!! pure idiots :( i can get items from america in 4 days but can't get stuff from the mainland in that time

here's a teaser:
Attachment 22535

xpwex 11-03-2012 02:28 PM

Following!!!