Fit Photos & Videos Threads for displaying photos and videos of the Honda Fit/Jazz

My '08 Fit mods, thoughts, next steps?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2014, 10:16 AM
5 Year Member
Smile My '08 Fit mods, thoughts, next steps?

Hi all, let me provide a little background to begin with. I purchased an '08 Fit Base, 5-speed, Milano Red, last November, with 82K miles. The car now has about 95K on it. It was BONE stock when I purchased it. I absolutely LOVE IT. As soon as I bought it, I began looking for inexpensive, fun, DIY mods and I wanted to share my progress, get your thoughts, and see where I should head next. I'm really happy with this car and it's been a work in progress (as the budget has allowed). HUGE THANKS to the FitFreak community...you've been my inspiration. So here goes:

First off, just last week (08/19), I finally put 16x7 wheels with 205-45R16 tires on. Personally, I think they look GREAT. This is fresh after a cleaning/detail.

Rear profile:

Added Clazzio black w/red stitching PVC seat covers (ABSOLUTE favorite mod to date.) Really dresses up the interior of this econo-box. Also, notice the WeatherTech floor mats for the front seats, plus I added the WeatherTech cargo/trunk mat as well. Also, added LED footwell lights that come on when the doors are opened.

(Sort-of) matching leather w/red stitching shift knob

B&I "Blackwood" dash kit. I really enjoy this.

Another shot of the B&I dash kit

Door sill trim

Dash Designs DashTex cover (I live in SC and the heat/sun can wreck a dash)

Wheelskins EuroTone leather steering wheel cover. COMPLETE pain in A** to install, but worth it in the end. I love it!

I added an aftermarket cargo area cover, and then added the "Fit" logo to it. Note the WeatherTech cargo mat as well.

Other mods include the following:
Progress rear sway bar
Rear Monroe air shock upgrade
Class I hitch
Yakima roof rack + Yakima rear bicycle rack
Rear bumper applique
Zeta armrest
AVS window deflectors
AVS hood/bug deflector
18% tint all the way around
After market keyless entry installed
Honda (Element) locking gas cap
i-VTECH SOHC stickers
K&N air filter
LED dome & cargo area lighting
Fit Sport exhaust chrome exhaust tip
removed all three exterior Honda/Fit emblems, flat-black painted, and reinstalled
added the ability to play MP3's
added Bluetooth speaker
ScanGauge E

And that's about it (for now). What do you think? Where should I go next? Again, I want to thank the FitFreak community for soooooooo much inspiration and information.

Last edited by scottbikesalot; 08-27-2014 at 07:34 AM.
Old 08-26-2014, 09:13 PM
June 2007 1st Place Fit of the Month Winner
5 Year Member
Car is looking great man...you thinking of lowering it? That would be my next move. Great looking car! I really like the dash mat...live in south FL and I know the heat.

Old 08-26-2014, 10:53 PM
5 Year Member
Nice clean fit. I like it. any more info on the rear shocks?

Old 08-26-2014, 11:26 PM
5 Year Member
A lip kit would look nice.

Old 08-27-2014, 07:27 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by geopat
Nice clean fit. I like it. any more info on the rear shocks?

The rear air shock I'm referring to is the Monroe "upgrade." I found the info on FitFreak. As you probably know, the stock Fit rear suspension can barely handle any weight in the rear. I will often carry 2-3 bikes on the rear of the car and 1 person in the rear seats. The car would squat too far for my liking. The Monroe air shocks allow A LOT of weight to be put in the rear of the car and it still maintain a normal ride height.

Here's the exact instructions I followed on FF:

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...-w-photos.html

Also, I believe it improved the ride A LOT! The Monroe's in combination with the Progress rear sway bar really make it feel buttoned down in the rear.

Old 08-27-2014, 07:32 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Paulo107
Car is looking great man...you thinking of lowering it? That would be my next move. Great looking car! I really like the dash mat...live in south FL and I know the heat.
Thanks man! I love the mat. I feel like the dash is protected and it gives it a real upscale look. It was super easy to install too. As far as lowering it, I'm on the fence about that. I do tend to carry a good bit of weight with bikes, gear and sometimes other people...still thinking about it.

Originally Posted by Fitguy07
A lip kit would look nice.
Tell me more please Are you referring to a new front bumper kit? Any pics, links?

Thanks everyone!!

Last edited by scottbikesalot; 08-27-2014 at 07:36 AM.
Old 08-27-2014, 02:39 PM
5 Year Member
I don't have any pics but any lip kit would do. They attach to your existing front and rear bumpers and sides under the doors.

Like the OEM lip kit on the 1st Gen sport models. Something like that.

Just type in "08 Honda Fit lip kit" into google images and it will bring up a bunch of lip kits.

Last edited by Fitguy07; 08-27-2014 at 02:46 PM.
Old 08-27-2014, 04:55 PM
5 Year Member
Sport lip kit

Did you add the rear spoiler or was it already on there when purchased?

Old 08-27-2014, 07:51 PM
Nicely done car. remove the "i" from the i-VTEC decal. Your car has VTEC.

Old 08-28-2014, 07:04 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by domoMKIV
Sport lip kit

Did you add the rear spoiler or was it already on there when purchased?

Actually the rear spoiler was on the car when I bought it. I was pleasantly surprised

Old 08-28-2014, 08:41 AM
5 Year Member
Another (very) small mod I'm working on this week is wiring up some footwell LED's for the second row/rear seats like I've done to the front. Just have to figure out how to attach them under the front seats and run the wiring. Shouldn't be too hard. More info forthcoming...

Old 09-01-2014, 12:59 PM
5 Year Member
Looks like you have your car set-up for function. What type of mods are you looking for, speed, power, looks?

Old 09-01-2014, 01:56 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Rollerboots666
Looks like you have your car set-up for function. What type of mods are you looking for, speed, power, looks?

Yeah, my car is definitely set up for function. I tend to carry a lot of stuff at times (bikes, kayaks, a canoe). It's also set-up for comfort. In recent months, I've been putting 500-700 miles/week on the car :/ I figured if I was spending that much time in the car, it might as well be a comfortable and pleasing environment for me. And I do like the "look" of the way the car has turned out.

As far as speed and power, about the only thing I've thought about is a cold-air intake. Any thoughts??

Thanks!

Old 09-03-2014, 08:12 AM
5 Year Member
I finally got around to installing my rear seat footwell LED's. It was a piece of cake since the front's were already wired/installed: I just spliced into one of the front light's wiring. Took about an hour's work. Here's the final result:

And here's a better shot of the front footwell LED's:

I'm really pleased with these EASY mods

Old 09-03-2014, 03:33 PM
5 Year Member
Very cool looking mod with the lights and nice looking car. Kudos!

Old 09-04-2014, 06:04 PM
5 Year Member
So, I'm having a little too much fun with the interior LED's. I've always wanted front footwell LED's that I can run at night when driving. Keep in mind, already have front and (new to me) rear footwell LED's that come on when a door is open.

My issue with the ones that I can use when driving is that I foresee sometimes just not wanting them on. Solution: I went to Advance Auto Parts today and for less than $20, I got another set of 8" LED strips in BLUE, and a plug in 12V adapter that has exposed wires and an ON/OFF switch. Each of the 8" strips had 5 LED bulbs, and I thought this might be a little bright for driving around; I'm seeking low light ambiance. So, I cut off 2 of the LED bulbs, installed everything, ran the wiring where nothing is seen, and low and behold, it turned out GREAT!!!

So, bottom line is that I now have WHITE footwell LED's that come on when the doors are opened, and low light BLUE footwell LED's for driving at night that are fully switchable on/off

Here's the final result:

And here's the 12-volt plug in adapter that I can switch them on/off (it was tough to get a good pic here):

And, finally, in my vainity, here's another shot of my Fit doing a little 4-wheelin' today...

Old 09-05-2014, 12:39 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by scottbikesalot
The rear air shock I'm referring to is the Monroe "upgrade." I found the info on FitFreak. As you probably know, the stock Fit rear suspension can barely handle any weight in the rear. I will often carry 2-3 bikes on the rear of the car and 1 person in the rear seats. The car would squat too far for my liking. The Monroe air shocks allow A LOT of weight to be put in the rear of the car and it still maintain a normal ride height.

Here's the exact instructions I followed on FF:

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...-w-photos.html

Also, I believe it improved the ride A LOT! The Monroe's in combination with the Progress rear sway bar really make it feel buttoned down in the rear.
Sweet. Thanks for the link. I may give them a try when I put in the H&R springs.

Old 09-08-2014, 11:13 PM
5 Year Member
Nice Fit! I love a lot of your mods. I'm in ATL, GA so I know all about cracked dashes. My 95 dodge ram is a mess in the dash. So I'm interested in the dash mat you have. Can u take a few more pics of that? Which color did you get? Looks like a factory match bc I don't want it to stand out, I want it to blend.

Old 09-11-2014, 05:01 AM
5 Year Member
Yesterday I added a pair of Philips LED Daytime 4 Running Lights. Cost was reasonable, install was a piece of cake at about 30 minutes and I really like the improved visibility and safety.

I should of taken pics of the install, but it really is plug n' play simplicity. In fact, it was a no drill installation. The DRL 4's fit snugly in the slots in the bumper; I used 3M outdoor tape and snugged them in there.

Here are some pics:

Old 09-12-2014, 09:02 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Woody150
Nice Fit! I love a lot of your mods. I'm in ATL, GA so I know all about cracked dashes. My 95 dodge ram is a mess in the dash. So I'm interested in the dash mat you have. Can u take a few more pics of that? Which color did you get? Looks like a factory match bc I don't want it to stand out, I want it to blend.

Thanks Woody150! Here are a few more pics of the Dash Designs DashTex cover. I ordered the CHARCOAL color. I believe there are 3 color choices. I got mine off of Autoanything.com. Took about 2 weeks to get to me because they are all custom; they don't cut and sew until you order. I love it...has really good functionality, and gives it an upscale look IMO.

Last edited by scottbikesalot; 09-12-2014 at 09:05 AM. Reason: fuzzy pic

Quick Reply: My '08 Fit mods, thoughts, next steps?