Fit Suspension & Brake Modifications Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the Honda Fit

Where to have springs installed?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 12:01 AM
5 Year Member
Where to have springs installed?

I live in the Dallas, TX area. It seems that installing springs isn't too difficult, but I'm a mechanical idiot. Any suggestions where to have it done? Two Honda dealerships stated that they don't install aftermarket springs. A local Goodyear shop quoted me $320! A speed shop in Arlington wants $200. This is all for just the install; I already purchased the springs. It seemed that this was a lot cheaper a few years ago for my Nissan NX2000, and I've read a post here where a shop in California was installing Tanabe springs for just over $200 with springs included. By the way, I bought the Tanabe Gf210s. Thanks.

07 Fit Sport manual (one week old)
91 Nissan NX2000 (much older - had for almost 14 years)
03 Mazdaspeed Protege (just sold)

Old 05-08-2007, 12:17 AM
5 Year Member
I got mine installed for $100 at a local shop here in AZ

Old 05-08-2007, 01:05 AM
5 Year Member
dude it's easy honestly if u got basic hand tools and sockets u can get it done. There are numerous ppl here on fitfreak that are local to u so pm them and ask em 2 help u out w/ the install. Don't pay someone else 2 do it.

Old 05-08-2007, 03:53 AM
i can do it for $150, Ill pay for your gas to drive to california which should be like $50 bucks and when im done with the install ill give you a $100 instant rebate if you buy me lunch.

Old 05-08-2007, 04:54 AM
Originally Posted by koolkevin1107
dude it's easy honestly if u got basic hand tools and sockets u can get it done. There are numerous ppl here on fitfreak that are local to u so pm them and ask em 2 help u out w/ the install. Don't pay someone else 2 do it.

Yeah, it is really easy. The rears are INSANELY easy. You only have to remove ONE bolt. At the least you could just do the rears to save yourself some money if you are desperate, but really, you could do it all yourself. It is all just removing bolts, you don't even need a torque wrench.

Old 05-08-2007, 08:47 AM
5 Year Member
Off topic... Riceman were you on Mazdas247.com, I think I recognize the screen name? Sorry to see that you sold the MSP.

From what I read, the spring install is pretty easy to do yourself but I'm waiting until more coilover options become available because I feel the shocks wear out pretty quickly and I don't want a saggy rear.

Good luck.

Mark

Old 05-08-2007, 08:20 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Mark94
Off topic... Riceman were you on Mazdas247.com, I think I recognize the screen name? Sorry to see that you sold the MSP.

From what I read, the spring install is pretty easy to do yourself but I'm waiting until more coilover options become available because I feel the shocks wear out pretty quickly and I don't want a saggy rear.

Good luck.

Mark
Yeah, I was on Mazdas247.com. I didn't post much. I really hated to see the MSP go. It was a long hard decision. I had the spicy orange, which I believe is the best stock color ever. I was just scared of the longevity of the MSP (turbo, lsd, etc.). I like to keep my cars for a long time. I sold it to a guy from Georgia. We met in Jackson, MS. He seemed like a real good guy,and I'm sure the MSP will be well taken care of. I have been following all of the news and articles of the Fit. I really love hatchbacks and Honda's quality.

Old 05-08-2007, 11:33 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
bring it to the Austin meet and I'll install it.. lol

Old 05-09-2007, 10:25 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Riceman
Yeah, I was on Mazdas247.com. I didn't post much. I really hated to see the MSP go. It was a long hard decision. I had the spicy orange, which I believe is the best stock color ever. I was just scared of the longevity of the MSP (turbo, lsd, etc.). I like to keep my cars for a long time. I sold it to a guy from Georgia. We met in Jackson, MS. He seemed like a real good guy,and I'm sure the MSP will be well taken care of. I have been following all of the news and articles of the Fit. I really love hatchbacks and Honda's quality.
Cool, I've only owned Honda's but fell in love with the MP3 and then when I heard about a potential forced induction model, I decided to wait for it to come out because I had to have it.

I had a spicy orange first but it got way too much attention so I traded that one in for my current Titanium. I love the car too, but understand about the longevity of the car so I'm glad that it is my weekend toy and don't have to worry about breaking down with it. I love when I take it out on a nice weekend, it's a great drive.

Good luck with the Fit.

Mark

Old 05-09-2007, 12:12 PM
5 Year Member
I had a look at hondafittuner.com 's website and it seems really easy to install aftermarket springs.

You'll just need a few essentials including spring compressors and you could get it done within an hour or so.

Thing is, I had a look at the pictures on that website and the rear ones seem straight forward. The front one seem a little confusing on the picture and I can't tell what I'm suppose to be doing.

Old 05-09-2007, 04:56 PM
Do not pay $200 to get these installed. I've taken my rears on and off three times now by myself and back in less than 20min each time. The fronts are not big thing either, I'd say if you did shop prices of $60/hr for labor it shouldn't be more than $60!! no kidding, or get some buddies, a pack of beer and have at it. $20 beer and a good time right.

Old 05-10-2007, 01:25 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by quangalang
i can do it for $150, Ill pay for your gas to drive to california which should be like $50 bucks and when im done with the install ill give you a $100 instant rebate if you buy me lunch.
lol..dats...for free
anybody like this iin the caribbean area?

Old 05-10-2007, 03:07 AM
Originally Posted by fits_all
lol..dats...for free
anybody like this iin the caribbean area?
NO IT"S NOT FREE!!...they have to buy me lunch.

Old 05-10-2007, 10:32 PM
5 Year Member
oh...yeah, sorry
still good anyways. If I could, I'd buy something off a 99c value menu since It ain't no date. Hope someone in here would install me springs for a buck or a few more. Not even a homeless would I think so.

Last edited by fits_all; 05-10-2007 at 10:35 PM.