Fit Suspension & Brake Modifications Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the Honda Fit

C-pillar Bar Plastic Seatbelt Cover

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 07:18 PM
5 Year Member
C-pillar Bar Plastic Seatbelt Cover

Trying to figure out what am i gonna do to cover this

Old 06-07-2007, 07:22 PM
5 Year Member
i got this at BIG LOTS today,

Old 06-07-2007, 07:25 PM
5 Year Member

Old 06-07-2007, 07:34 PM
5 Year Member

Old 06-07-2007, 07:40 PM
5 Year Member
its very hard to cut the hard cover plastic so i made a decision to cover it,it only cost me $ 3.00 for 1 pair,what do u guys think?

Old 06-07-2007, 07:55 PM
So I'm going to keep asking...

What does anyone think that the C-Pillar bar actually does? Or is it just bling?

Eric

Old 06-07-2007, 08:00 PM
Originally Posted by boyetssilverfit
its very hard to cut the hard cover plastic so i made a decision to cover it,it only cost me $ 3.00 for 1 pair,what do u guys think?
Try a fine tooth saw, and smooth the edges with sandpaper or a razor blade, then hit them with a butane lighter to gloss up the cut. Give it a try, you're not using the plastic covers anyway. Unless you want to keep them for when you remove the bar.

Eric

Old 06-07-2007, 08:41 PM
Banned
or a dremel with a cut off wheel. Because honestly, those seatbelt covers from Big Lot's look hideous. Sorry

Old 06-07-2007, 09:41 PM
5 Year Member
do you guys have a c-pillar bar installed on your fit? if you do please show some pictures how did you cover it?

Last edited by boyetssilverfit; 06-07-2007 at 10:00 PM.
Old 06-07-2007, 10:09 PM
Banned
do you guys have a c-pillar bar installed on your fit? if you do please show some pictures how did you cover it?
No but I have a rear strut bar and did a little measuring and cutting. Althought I wish I would have cut it tighter to leave less of a hole, it just takes a little time and some sort of tool be it a dremel to razor.

Old 06-07-2007, 10:31 PM
5 Year Member
my problem is that little box at the back of the cover,once i cut it i wont be able to connect them together,i wish its located at the lower part of the cover but its not,anyway i havent seen a member that has put back that cover after they installed the c-pillar bar on their fit,who knows somebody might have a better idea,its only a cover so i dont care if its ugly or beautiful,im happy to have my c-pillar bar & progress rear anti sway bar combination,its just so much fun to drive,and the handling is so much better.

Old 06-07-2007, 10:50 PM
5 Year Member
I cut mine to make it fit. I'll take some pics and post them.

Old 06-07-2007, 10:54 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ewdysar
So I'm going to keep asking...

What does anyone think that the C-Pillar bar actually does? Or is it just bling?

Eric
the c-pillar bar is designed to increase rigidity on the frame of a vehicle.

Old 06-08-2007, 02:35 AM
the c-pillar bar is designed to increase rigidity on the frame of a vehicle.
Pretty generic answer. That would imply that there is movement between the upper rear seatbelt mounts without the bar. I would believe there are some vehicles that might benefit from a bar like this, but with the roof so close on a Fit and these mounting points so far from the suspension control points, I don't believe that this bar would have any measurable effect on these cars.

Maybe if someone mounted a bar from one rear strut console (not the shock absorber stud) diagonally to the opposite upper seat belt mount, it would add rigidity, (like a cross brace on a roll cage) but I'm still not convinced that the roof moves around that much in relation to the lower body pan.

If you're trying to tie the suspension into a more rigid structure, you need to figure out where there is detrimental movement, then design a reinforcement that reduces or eliminates that movement.

For example, I do believe that the Progress rear torsion bar stiffens the rear carrier axle, which is designed to flex. From everyone's review of this bar, it seems to have a very noticable effect, I have to wait until they make more to buy one. This type of bar would have no effect on a rigid axle or add really bad stress/movement on a fully independent suspension, but on a Fit, it works. It is a specific answer to a specific problem.

I'm willing to be convinced, but the answer has to make sense.

Eric

Old 06-08-2007, 03:28 AM
same here, i dont think that C-pillar brace does anything ...

Old 06-08-2007, 05:57 AM
5 Year Member
here's what I did. could have been done cleaner but I was in a rush when I did it. hope this helps

Old 06-08-2007, 10:02 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ewdysar
Pretty generic answer. That would imply that there is movement between the upper rear seatbelt mounts without the bar. I would believe there are some vehicles that might benefit from a bar like this, but with the roof so close on a Fit and these mounting points so far from the suspension control points, I don't believe that this bar would have any measurable effect on these cars.

Maybe if someone mounted a bar from one rear strut console (not the shock absorber stud) diagonally to the opposite upper seat belt mount, it would add rigidity, (like a cross brace on a roll cage) but I'm still not convinced that the roof moves around that much in relation to the lower body pan.

If you're trying to tie the suspension into a more rigid structure, you need to figure out where there is detrimental movement, then design a reinforcement that reduces or eliminates that movement.

For example, I do believe that the Progress rear torsion bar stiffens the rear carrier axle, which is designed to flex. From everyone's review of this bar, it seems to have a very noticable effect, I have to wait until they make more to buy one. This type of bar would have no effect on a rigid axle or add really bad stress/movement on a fully independent suspension, but on a Fit, it works. It is a specific answer to a specific problem.

I'm willing to be convinced, but the answer has to make sense.

Eric
i dont give a rats ass on what you think,if youre a japanese engineer who designed the HONDA FIT i might believe you,but if not, who cares on what you think?by the way if you ask a question that youve already know the answer why sound like a broken record and keep asking?

Last edited by boyetssilverfit; 06-08-2007 at 10:19 AM. Reason: I
Old 06-08-2007, 10:09 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JamesBizzle
here's what I did. could have been done cleaner but I was in a rush when I did it. hope this helps

looks good james!

Old 06-08-2007, 12:33 PM
i dont give a rats ass on what you think,if youre a japanese engineer who designed the HONDA FIT i might believe you,but if not, who cares on what you think?by the way if you ask a question that youve already know the answer why sound like a broken record and keep asking?
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend. I didn't realize that you felt so strongly about your bar. Please accept my apologies.

Like I said before, I'm willing to be convinced, but the answer has to make sense. I know that there's plenty that I don't know, but I rarely take promototional text or urban legend as gospel. I'm just here to learn more about my car.

Eric

Old 06-08-2007, 12:56 PM
5 Year Member
looks kinda funky man. I'd recommend doing what james did and cutting it. Swing by my house i'll cut em for ya lol.

Quick Reply: C-pillar Bar Plastic Seatbelt Cover