Fit Suspension & Brake Modifications Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the Honda Fit

is an Air Ride setup possible?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 09:16 PM
is an Air Ride setup possible?

hey, has anyone ever seen or done an adjustable suspension on our fits? im thinking air ride would work but cannot find a kit anywhere. i guess a couple pumps might work as well. any info, thanks alot. --send pics if you can find one out there--

Old 01-21-2008, 09:28 PM
5 Year Member
i think the Last Station Fit Coupe was rocking air suspensions, so i dont see why it wouldnt be possible.

Old 01-21-2008, 09:51 PM
5 Year Member
anything is possible with $$$

Old 01-21-2008, 10:07 PM
5 Year Member
there's another thread on this iirc

Old 01-21-2008, 10:11 PM
5 Year Member
first.....air ride is the best shit ever ! but it's costly $$$$
here is what you need to do.
get a set of coilovers, instead of putting springs on the coilover, get an airbag, so you get the adj. ride height, dampening, rebound...etc...and wth the airbag, you can also slamm it while you want to.

i am still in the search for an air tank that would fit in the spare tire well...i still need my trunk space !!!

it's pretty much a custom thing, it will not be bolt on and won't be cheap.

there are already kits out for fit but only jdm and not usdm fit.

Old 01-21-2008, 11:42 PM
5 Year Member
i wouldnt mind rocking a set of bags on the fit. shoot i want to be low, and thats really one of the only ways to be SLAMMED.

but like its been said, its pretty pricey thats why im kinda on hold.
maybe after the ksport coilovers i can come up with the money to ride on bags.

Old 01-22-2008, 12:47 AM
5 Year Member
my question is, does an air ride provide better handling than a regular suspension set up or is it mostly for looks?

Old 01-22-2008, 09:33 AM
money is not such an issue here. see, i have had many vehicles that i have put air setups on (ford focus, dodge dakota , s-10 , etc...) so i know it would not be easy but from what i have heard on here about the difficulty of installing springs (does not sound hard at all) then i would think that a "custom" air setup would not be that tough these days and if you could work it yourself then maybe you could save some. just dont know if i really want to start cutting into a BRAND NEW car like that if you dont have experience with a fit.

hey what about hydraulics i mean it seems that they are putting pumps on just about everything these days, heck a group of guys that live in my hood are always putting juice on something , the other day they put a setup on a junky old golf cart and drove by my house hitting switches. man when you got it like that you can do just about whatever you want you know. i saw him pull up one day in a convertable s-10, then hit a switch and the entire back end jumped about 3 feet off the ground and the back left wheel stayed in 3-wheel almost high enough in the air that you could walk under it. (i almost died when i saw that). so maybe i will check him out about it, cause i never actually met him before.

Old 01-22-2008, 07:38 PM
very possible. i beleive there are at least 5 airbag kits out for the gd1/gd3 - all jdm tho - minor suspension part change to make it work i beleive

pisses me off that only 10% of what the jdm aftermarket offers are redone to fit usdm

just the jdm seat cover selection itself is greater than the usdm fit aftermarket as a whole

...but yes, there are kits out there.

Old 01-22-2008, 07:51 PM
oh ya, don't quote me on that minor suspension part... lol
good luck

Old 01-22-2008, 07:52 PM
hey all, thanks for the info and when i get my fit i will contact my neighbor and see what he can say about it. does anyone have any advice for buying your fit. i am thinking about ordering one from the factory so that i get one that has not been sitting on the lot for a while. i know how test drivers usually drive. its not pretty. anyway let me know any more info if you guys can okay. thanks again and may GOD please allow the US economy to come back to a respectable state. i mean if i really wanted to pay $4 a gallon for gas then should i not live in CALI?

hold on hold on hold on, i almost forgot to ask about lowering it. can anyone tell me how difficult it is to put lowering springs on it and if i am going to drive it from IN to CA is that a good idea or should i just wait till i get there first?
hey, --good day everyone-- thanks

Old 02-07-2008, 06:42 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by baknforth101
hey, has anyone ever seen or done an adjustable suspension on our fits? im thinking air ride would work but cannot find a kit anywhere. i guess a couple pumps might work as well. any info, thanks alot. --send pics if you can find one out there--
If you are speaking of Air Lifts so you can carry heavyweight guys in the rear without dragging Monroe Airlifts MA811 fit nicely with only washers needed fit make up for the narrower bottom yoke. Handling remains great. Expect 40 psi preload empty and about 60 psi with heavyweights in the rear.

Last edited by mahout; 02-20-2008 at 05:44 PM.