Fit Suspension & Brake Modifications Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the Honda Fit

New Skunk2 PRO-C "Test Drive" Try and Ride Program!

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 05:40 PM
Former Vendor
Exclamation New Skunk2 PRO-C "Test Drive" Try and Ride Program!

FEBURARY 2008 | NEW PROMOTIONAL PROGRAM

New Skunk2 PRO-C "Test Drive" Try and Ride Program!

When it comes to making bigger purchases for your high performance vehicle, sometimes making the right choice might be harder than you think. You can read all the reviews, testimonies, or even advice from friends, but in the end there are no guarantees until you actually test the product on your car.

Skunk2 wants to make your buying decision easier than ever before and free of any risks or disappointments! Skunk2's all new "Test Drive: Try and Ride" program, a first of its kind, offers consumers the chance to try a product on their car and evaluate without any risks!*

Here's how the program works:
  • Contact a friendly Skunk2 Racing Sales rep at testdrive@skunk2.com and let them know that you would like to participate in the "Test Drive" program. The Skunk2 Sales Rep wil give you a special price for the "Test Drive" program.
  • Pick out the right Skunk2 Pro-C Coilover for your vehicle to "Test Drive" for a period of one week.
  • You will be charged a special discounted price for the coilovers plus freight and have one week to evaluate the product. If you decide to keep the product, simply contact the Skunk2 sales representative that originally helped you and let them know that you woud like to keep the coilover at a special discount price. If you do not want to keep the coilovers, simply return the coilover after talking to the sales team and they will arrange for you to send the coilovers back.
  • Once the coilovers are returned to Skunk2, they will be inspected and if they are in good condition, ou will receive a full refund*
* Customer is responsible for freight charges. Returned Pro-C Coilovers must be in '"good condition"with no excessive dings, scratches, or excessive wear. If the product is damaged, the refund amount will be subject to a prorated amount.

About the Skunk2 PRO-C Coilovers:
The PRO-C feature the latest advanced shock technology and a carefully designed dampening curve for a shock that dramatically improves handling. The Skunk2 PRO-C Coilovers feature an adjustable mono-tube design with an oversized, micro-polished, hardened steel shaft and piston with a precision honed internal bore and low friction triple seal – resulting in an extremely responsive and durable coilover.
Each PRO-C kit features precise 12-way adjustable valving and one-piece forged shock body for added strength and reliability. Skunk2 PRO-C Coilovers feature shortened shock bodies and shafts to maintain proper suspension travel on lowered vehicles and are adjustable to allow height adjustments without affecting pre-load. Also Included with the Skunk2 PRO-C Coilovers are top mounts with polyurethane bushings. With Skunk2 Coilovers, enthusiasts can quickly and precisely set adjustments to improve the vehicle’s handling, response, cornering, stability and balance.

Key Advantages of the PRO-C Coilovers:
  • Custom Spring rates for certain motorsports applications are available! Full Complete kit with no additional parts necessary to have it track and street ready!
  • Skunk2 stocks in large quantities of replacement dampers so that you don't have to wait for rebuilds in between servicing. New Skunk2 replacement dampers cost less than most rebuild services out on the market! Replacement dampers can be bought directly through Skunk2 so you don't lose any street / track time with fast shipping and service!
  • Built with strength, integrity, and performance in mind with larger shaft diameters, linear springs, and vehicle specific valving!
  • Clear and distinct 12 way clicks with a wider range valving to find the perfect set up for your vehicle!
  • Proven performance! The Skunk2 2006 Civic Si out performed the competition at the 2007 Modified Magazine Tuner Shootout in the skid pad, beating highly modified Mitsubishi Evolutions, Nissan 350z's, and Subaru STi's with the Skunk2 Pro-C Coilovers!
  • Several years of research and development from Pro Racing Teams from all around the world including NHRA, SCCA, Grand-Am Cup, Speed World Challenge, Redine Time Attack, and NASA helped create the PRO-C Coilovers!
Adopted from a vast racing history, the Skunk2 PRO-C Coilover has the racing technology that you can feel whether it's on the track or on the street.

Honda Fit Spring Rates
8kg Front
6 kg Rear

Last edited by skunk2tony; 02-21-2008 at 11:56 AM.
Old 02-14-2008, 12:16 AM
5 Year Member
what are the available spring rates? Can you do custom rates?

Old 02-14-2008, 11:21 AM
Former Vendor
I would suggest riding on them first and see how you like them. I think that the springrates that we use should be perfect for your fit. Custom springrates are available in 10/8/6kG spring rates.

Old 02-14-2008, 08:44 PM
5 Year Member
oh SNAP! thats a great deal.......

and thats pretty cool of yall to do that. test before you buy...hmm thats great!

ehhh.....so tempting.

Old 02-15-2008, 01:35 PM
Former Vendor
Come on you guys! Get it before its gone!!

Old 02-15-2008, 01:37 PM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
what do you guys do with the coilovers that people dont want?? send them to other people?? just curious.

Old 02-15-2008, 01:43 PM
Former Vendor
Comon.. no ones gonna want to return these after they use them. If they do return them we ship them out to the next person who wants them. If you like them and want to keep the used set we will give you a slight discount for them. Remember these are only used 1 week at a time and some cases less. This is a new promotion for a limited time so dont expect this to be something that will be available next month.

Old 02-15-2008, 03:06 PM
5 Year Member
i'm going to do my taxes ASAP and figure out how much I'll get back. if i calculate that i'm getting a decent amount, i'll be jumping in the Fit and driving out to Skunk2 HQ to pick these bad-boys up immediately!

Old 02-15-2008, 03:39 PM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
this really is a good program. i commend skunk2 for consumer relations.

im just a weirdo and i dont like my parts molested by other people. hehe.

but because you guys are willing to do a "try before you buy" i will seriously consider buying these coilovers new when im ready to get different coilovers. if anything, it says alot about how much faith you have behind these parts. good job guys!!!

Old 02-18-2008, 11:40 AM
Former Vendor
Thanks guys!

Old 02-18-2008, 12:47 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Tony, sneak a set onto my ride while its over there lol.

Old 02-19-2008, 12:08 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by skunk2tony
I would suggest riding on them first and see how you like them. I think that the springrates that we use should be perfect for your fit. Custom springrates are available in 10/8/6kG spring rates.
Im not looking to just tool around on the street with these, What are the rates that it comes with? Unless i missed it somewhere

Also will these be re valved If i order say 10k rates?

Old 02-19-2008, 12:23 PM
Former Vendor
The spring rates I believe are a 10/8 which is similar to the spring rates that we use for the 92-95 Civic Hatch back. If you read the reviews on the Honda tech Forums the guys on there love these coilovers. The valving on these coilovers can handle up to a 18kg springrate. So the answer is no... you would not need to revalve the shocks and our shocks come with a 1 year warranty! If you ever need a shock rebuilt we have replacement shocks that cost less then if you were to have them rebuilt. That way there is no down time for you what so ever!

Old 02-19-2008, 06:57 PM
I'm on it. Called Tony today and he was extremely helpful and very cool. This is exactly the sort of offer I needed to get me over the incessant wavering back and forth and questioning about springs vs. this vs. that...on and on all because I was just too unsure if I would like them or not, then didin't want to be stuck with them or have to take a hit selling them "used". I am new to tuning so I don't have much experience to draw from.

From talking to Tony, these really deliver-- the softest setting is similar to a stock ride, while the mid range (6-8) gets you more aggressive, and then up to 12 for track-time. Not to mention adjustable ride height! (which I know is a feature of others too), but, I mean geez-- what have you got to lose?? It's Skunk2 so you know the quality is there. I guess the cost of an alignment (maybe 2 if you decide to send them back).

If you have the cash but not the certainty (like me), then this offer is just too good to pass up.

Thanks Skunk2!

Old 02-20-2008, 07:59 PM
Former Vendor
Hey guys I'm happy to see that many of you have already pre ordered your coil overs. They should be shipped out by this monday and I know you will enjoy it. If anyone else is interested please E-mail me at Testdrive@skunk2.com or give me a call at 951-808-9888 Ext. 219 and ask for Tony N

Last edited by skunk2tony; 03-04-2008 at 12:24 PM.
Old 02-20-2008, 08:32 PM
5 Year Member
is it possible to purchase the "returned" coilovers? save a little $$$$?

:evil laugh:

Old 02-21-2008, 11:18 AM
Former Vendor
Your more then welcome to buy a slightly used set at an additional discount depending on the useage of coilovers but im sure we wont get any returns on this product.

Old 02-21-2008, 11:55 AM
Former Vendor
Great news guys... I was just updated that the Spring rates for the GD3 Honda fit will be 8kg front and 6kg rear springs.

Old 02-21-2008, 12:18 PM
That sounds perfect. Thanks Tony!

Old 02-21-2008, 09:52 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by skunk2tony
Your more then welcome to buy a slightly used set at an additional discount depending on the useage of coilovers but im sure we wont get any returns on this product.
*cries*

lol. yeah, you guys are probably right. if you DO get a return, let me know

Quick Reply: New Skunk2 PRO-C "Test Drive" Try and Ride Program!