Fit Suspension & Brake Modifications Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the Honda Fit

Springs, coilovers,.... crap

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 01:17 AM
Springs, coilovers,.... crap

I'm having a dilema, i was looking for springs/coilovers but i cant decide which one. I have narrowed it down to the Spoon progressive, T1R v2, skunk2 or the Zeal Z coil springs. As for the coilovers its the skunk2 pro Cs or Function and Forms. Does anyone have any input on these?

Also will these spring setups work with a 205/45/16 tire and a 16x7 +33 rim? and when i mean work i mean any rubbing.

This is the one thing i cant figure out for my car, will i regret only getting springs when i can get coilovers? but will coilovers be too much for daily driving?

Thanks in advance

Josh

Old 02-25-2008, 01:20 AM
5 Year Member
I think I am ordering Nex Gt coilovers/damper kit. I found a kit for the Fit under $780 shipped. I would just go with springs but I want to be able to adjust the height if I am rubbing with my grams. I was also thinking about getting the Function and Form coils, but I got sold they are super stiff and I don't want that for where I am located. Potthole haven

Last edited by dank24; 02-25-2008 at 01:27 AM.
Old 02-25-2008, 01:25 AM
oo i was not aware that the FnFs were super stiff, yeah thats my position on the springs even though there nice for DD that non-adjustability is just holding me back.

What are the GTcoilovers? im trying to stay away from the companys that produce there products in china/taiwan, like megan, ksport, etc...

Old 02-25-2008, 01:28 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by hiphapa
oo i was not aware that the FnFs were super stiff, yeah thats my position on the springs even though there nice for DD that non-adjustability is just holding me back.

What are the GTcoilovers? im trying to stay away from the companys that produce there products in china/taiwan, like megan, ksport, etc...
found them on prostreetonline.com
They look like a good coilover to me, and solbrothers or w/e his name is said he has a set on his sol and feels good. I was going to go with tein, but these are more adjustable.

Old 02-25-2008, 01:36 AM
hmmm im not sure these would sway me away from the choices i have presented. Does anyone have any input on the setups i have suggested? Im really interested in the fitment issues i have heard of.

Thanks dank24 for your input!

Old 02-25-2008, 01:58 AM
5 Year Member
with that offset i think your gonna rub

Old 02-25-2008, 02:19 AM
5 Year Member
Yea I got a 16x7 +40. lol

What does the public think the best setup is for that shit?

Sorry thread jack

Old 02-25-2008, 02:19 AM
yeah i figured i would'nt fit.... but i should be able to do a +40 right?

Old 02-25-2008, 03:18 AM
naw its all good i have the same question... i like that +33 offset though haha

Old 02-25-2008, 10:19 AM
Regarding the Skunk2 Pro-C, I ordered them (getting installed on Thursday with a nice 2 hour drive planned to test them out) based on speaking at length with Tony at Skunk2 and others about Skunk2 products in general. Call him- or call someone from any of the companies you are interested in, and ask them a ton of questions-- really make them give committed answers to your questions about their product. Of course you're going to get some sales spiel, but overall I think these guys are honest (maybe biased), but honest)-- especially the forum sponsors because they know we'll roast them if they don't deliver on their promises.

As well they have the "try before you buy" and a decent price special happening for February.

Just a suggestion.

I will give a full and detailed report of my Pro-C on Friday. I am the consummate daily-driver-who-wants-it-all (comfort, performance, adjustability, no rubbing, etc.).

As for tires/wheels I have 205/45/16 (Bridgestone) with the HFP wheels (which I am told have like +55 offset or something crazy like that-- so rubbing generally isn't as much a problem-- so I have been told). I don't plan on much of a drop-- just a little bit to deal with some gap.

Old 02-25-2008, 10:28 AM
yeah i talked to my cousin last night and he has the HFP wheels too dropped on DF210 and the skunk2 springs are similar, but i think the spring rate in the rear is a little higher. He said he doesnt rub at all so i assume it would work with the wheels im considering. im gonna test drive his car on tuesday and im gonna see where it goes from there.

Old 02-25-2008, 04:32 PM
SBT
Originally Posted by jsensk
Regarding the Skunk2 Pro-C, I ordered them (getting installed on Thursday with a nice 2 hour drive planned to test them out) based on speaking at length with Tony at Skunk2 and others about Skunk2 products in general. Call him- or call someone from any of the companies you are interested in, and ask them a ton of questions-- really make them give committed answers to your questions about their product. Of course you're going to get some sales spiel, but overall I think these guys are honest (maybe biased), but honest)-- especially the forum sponsors because they know we'll roast them if they don't deliver on their promises.

As well they have the "try before you buy" and a decent price special happening for February.

Just a suggestion.

I will give a full and detailed report of my Pro-C on Friday. I am the consummate daily-driver-who-wants-it-all (comfort, performance, adjustability, no rubbing, etc.).

As for tires/wheels I have 205/45/16 (Bridgestone) with the HFP wheels (which I am told have like +55 offset or something crazy like that-- so rubbing generally isn't as much a problem-- so I have been told). I don't plan on much of a drop-- just a little bit to deal with some gap.

Really look forward to your review. I ordered the coilovers too and they're supposed to be here on Thursday, but doubt I'll get them on for a week or so at least becaus of work...

Old 02-25-2008, 05:28 PM
5 Year Member
I am still up in the air on what set-up I want to go with. I really do not want to drop more than $900 for suspension.

Old 02-25-2008, 07:26 PM
im gonna ride in my cousins suspension tomorrow, he has the GF210 and his friend has the skunk2 springs. So ill tell you guys about that if you dont want coilovers haha. I rode in the skunk2 pro Cs on my buddies EK, its nice but i think the spring rates are a little stiffer than the fits. ill give you a comparison after tomorrow.

Old 02-25-2008, 07:59 PM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
cool, i'll be looking forward to your comparison of the skunk vs. tanabe springs! like you, i'm in the same dilemma about suspension.

Old 02-25-2008, 08:38 PM
yeah i got a sick price on skunk2's so i hope there nice haha

Old 02-25-2008, 10:12 PM
help me

ey guys help me out u guys know how to take out the stock spring then how then put in the moded springs so hi me up with instruction i have the tools for it thanks guys or private mail me

Old 02-25-2008, 11:10 PM
can we not thread jack please, thank you!

Old 02-25-2008, 11:52 PM
5 Year Member
yea those skunk springs can be had for a decent price. Subscribed for a good comparison on those and the tanabe's

Old 02-25-2008, 11:54 PM
bump for tomorrow, i hope my cousin comes through haha

Quick Reply: Springs, coilovers,.... crap