Fit Suspension & Brake Modifications Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the Honda Fit

review T1R lower arm brace

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 01:31 AM
5 Year Member
Guys, need some help here...

I am afraid take out the LCA bolt and not able to put it back. For those of you installed this already, can you provide some basic steps? Do I need to jack to support the LCA before taking the bolt off? What is the torque spec for this bolt?

I did the front wheel well undercoat today and trying to figure out the best way to install this sucker while at it.

Thanks for you help.

Old 03-09-2008, 01:35 AM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
what you should do is jack up your car enough so the wheels are still touching the ground so the control arm doesnt drop down too far. as long as there isnt any weight on the wheels and the control arm cant drop down, you should be fine. just make sure you torque down the bolts to spec. when you put them back.

Old 03-09-2008, 05:32 AM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
btw, torque spec for that bolt is 51 ft lbs.

Old 03-09-2008, 03:36 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Installation was easy. I was also worried that I would have problems putting the bolts back in.

Didnt have one problem. Front end stiffened up nicely.

Old 03-10-2008, 12:59 AM
5 Year Member
Yeah, this bar did wonders for my turn-in response at the track. This + Custo Front/Rear Strut Bars and the Progress Rear Sway bar and my car is kicking ass in the corners at the track.

Well I'm also runing Kuhmo V700 VictoRacers, that might also have something to do with it.

Old 03-10-2008, 01:03 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by nttdemented
...This + Custo Front/Rear Strut Bars and the Progress Rear Sway bar and my car is kicking ass in the corners at the track. ...
I have the exact setup...pretty impressive so far!

Old 03-10-2008, 01:19 AM
5 Year Member
Stiffness!!! I'd like to add the J's front fender braces as well. The C-Pillar and Rear Rebar bars don't seem like they'll do much. Another body stiffener I'm intersted in is the Miracle X-Bar. Those to extra stiffening mods and next will be strip the interior and add a roll cage. But I can't do that until I buy another car and crown the Fit a Track Queen.

Old 03-11-2008, 12:33 PM
wdup every1 just got lower arm brace installed still haven't got an alignment ,pinch bolts from Honda are still backordered so here's my review........definitely stiffer than b4, feels more solid and direct almost feels like you get better engine response too. so here are the pros and cons impo.....1. solid,heavier steering feel,better turn in,seems like better engine response........cons 2.took away the light car feel I've gotten used to,bumps in road are more pronounced,rear end seems to fishtail at high speed(on my home on I-275 coming off ramp moved steering wheel from 11 to 2 o'clock quickly and rear took a second to catch up) I do have the carbon c-pillar bar and will install that after I get an alignment and see if I can add a lil' camber.........stay tuned

Old 03-11-2008, 12:52 PM
btw this is my second suspension mod 1st being eibach pro kits.....and am going to concentrate on getting the suspension dialed in for dd and some scca racing, any advice or opinions are welcome here, and am also waiting for Kelsodees to let me know where he bought those urethane bushings.....thx every1

Old 03-11-2008, 02:28 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fit73
wdup every1 just got lower arm brace installed still haven't got an alignment ,...
Does it need an alignment with only the LCR bolt out and put right back? Nothing has changed other than a bar is attached I would think.

Old 03-11-2008, 02:29 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fit73
...and am also waiting for Kelsodees to let me know where he bought those urethane bushings.....thx every1
Please share once you get the answer from Kelsodees. I am interested to swap it out too. Does energy suspension make one for Fit?

Old 03-11-2008, 03:15 PM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
actually i have no idea who makes my bushings. opak had a set laying around the shop so i swooped on them.

ill try to find out this week. im going over to their new shop so they can help me with my lsd sometime this week.

Old 03-12-2008, 01:05 PM
wdup fellas couldn't wait for the alignment today so I put the carbon c-pillar on.......here's my review on that, noticed a little difference not as much as the lower arm bar in terms of stiffness, but I paid a pretty penny for it so I'm gonna leave it on. I finally received the pinch bolts from Honda so I'm doing my alignment tomorrow, the car seems real unstable at high speeds when I move the steering from 11 to 2 o'clock quickly (woudln't want to be in the car if I lost control) but I'm hoping I get a good tech to dial in the suspension tomorrow, at this time I won't rate either cause God knows how bad the toe,caster or camber is on the Fit. Next on mod list is front strut bar(hopefuly T1R carbon if I can wait),urethane bushings and progress rear sway bar. thx again fellas.........stay tuned

Old 03-12-2008, 01:26 PM
5 Year Member
Front Strut bar, a proper rear strut bar (like Cusco's) and the Progress Rear Sway bar will fix all your problems. Trust me, my car is VERY neutral at the track with all these bars. It only leans towards oversteer if I'm decelrating quickly and I throw the car around with the steering. Even then its VERY controlable with a little bit of throttle or counter correction. I've tried some crazy moves on the track while heel-and-toeing from 5th to 2nd gear into the first corner and I must say the car feels TOTALLY safe in those circumstances.

All this great handling has saved me from at least 2 bad crashes on the street. Excelent accident avoidance abilities!!

Old 03-13-2008, 11:37 AM
wdup fellas here's my newest review.I finally got the alignment.....yeah I know.......took too long. alignment was done on a Turner lift, toe was real bad in front everything else was in spec, dropped the Honda crash bolts in got max of -0.9 in front and every 1 knows the rears are fixed after alignmnet it was -1.75 everything else zeroed out except for caster which can't be altered, all right enough with the ish you already know.......I'll give the T1R lower arm brace an A- because I really felt the difference in solidity as soon as I drove it and a C- on the T1R carbon c-pillar bar(nice workmanship but not to happy that you have to unscrew it to make it reach each end thought it was gonna be fixed at both ends)hoping it will help when I start auto-x.......the car handles great in turns still have that non-stability or swaying feeling when I quickly move steering from 11 to 2 o'clock but I guess that's from having such a light rear load and thx for all the advice on bars to add on. can't do rear strut bar cause I really need the room, so once again future mods are front strut bar,progress rear sway,and some light weight wheels( I have falken hanabis from othe car but 2 are chipped and they're on b/order still) and some good rubber..........stay tuned

Old 03-15-2008, 06:21 PM
Currently I have Cusco front and rear STB's, will be getting the T1R LAB next as well as the T1R carbon C-pillar bar. I do have lowering springs as well as much lighter wheels so the car currently does feel real nimble corning. The steering is a bit too late for my taste with the electric power steering so I wouldnt mind if it did get a bit heavy after the lower arm bar.

On the highway though I can imagine without all this bracing that around 70 mph and up that the Fit would be a bit scary to manuever for crash avoidance purposes. The car feels way too light at that speed and not very planted to the tarmac being so tall, narrow, light, skinny tires and stock ride height all factors going against the car at high speed.

Old 03-16-2008, 04:46 AM
the non stability issue was cleared after I did my alignment...the stiffness I thought was from the lower arm bar was due to the heavy toe up front.....the Fit has that light feeling again(but bites into turn now), so to all the newbies if you drop ur ride get the alignment 1st w/crash bolts or SPC camber bolts! according to sources -2 camber in front is optimum for DD (w/frequent tire rotation).Once again fellas all opinions,advice and remarks are welcome here.I am continually seeking for light weight products to optimize handling 1st.......and as w/any Honda, POWER wil come...........

thx for your opinions.....just talked to T1R and my J's racing fsb is on the way, I'm gonna leave it as is for a while , am very satisfied w/the handling of my ride.............pix will be up soon, so far mods list are Eibach pro kits, T1R lower arm bar,T1r carbon c-pillar bar,Honda crash bolts(-1 camber).

Last edited by fit73; 03-16-2008 at 05:04 AM.
Old 07-03-2008, 07:01 PM
5 Year Member
Just FYI: keep in mind that the bar does BLOCK the way of MT drain/fill plug. Both plugs are still accessible but with very tight space. I would recommend changing the MT oil while you are at it before putting the bar on.

Old 07-04-2008, 08:13 PM
5 Year Member
Quick review comments:

The bar brings more stability in the front. It makes the car feel it has more "weight" on it. The straight line feel is more solid. The difference is very noticeable (as compared with the front cusco strut and rear strut).

In terms of steering, I "feel" it adds more over steer to the car but it is still manageable. The turn is sharper and in a way more precise - maybe this is the over steer effect that I haven't got used to.