Fit Suspension & Brake Modifications Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the Honda Fit

Buddy Club N+ coliover installed pics

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2011, 12:51 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
Is it popping when you are when both rolling and sitting still... If it is only when you are rolling you may need to pull the boot from the CV joint and reassemble it correctly... The balls can fall out of place if the axle shaft becomes overextended ... When I helped Amanda install her Swift Springs I had that happen but I was able to manipulate things into place without removing the boot..... If you tried to remove the anti sway bar link without using an allen wrench to hold the bolt and keep it from turning you have messed up the link and it will need to be replaced by a new one... It will pop like crazy even when going in a straight line over the slightest bump on stock springs but with the stiffer springs and dampers set for a firm ride it may take a larger bump or a sharp turn to cause a noise from in.... You also could have not gotten the nut on top of the shaft tightened enough... I haven't installed my front coil overs yet so I am not aware of anything else that could be causing you a problem... Please post what you had to do to fix the problem when you figure out what it is... Murphy's law is sure to come into play when installing new parts with instructions printed in Japanese.
i get a popping sound all the time from the passenger side. i don't even have the front swaybar hooked up. I think it's my wheel bearing

Old 12-21-2011, 01:21 AM
5 Year Member
I've never had a wheel bearing go out on a FWD car.. Most of the time it is CV joints or front struts that make noise.. I know about the front anti way bar link because I screwed up when removing mine to install my supercharger.... The shoes are in a box by the front door.. I'll get them off to you soon.. I haven't been getting out much...

Old 12-21-2011, 01:28 AM
5 Year Member
LOL don't worry about it!!! but yeah, I know my wheel bearing is out because if i turn one way, there's very little sound, if i turn the other way it's like an airplane taking off. so much rumble and vibration. when i get my shop press early next year (a friend is selling me his 12 ton shop press for cheap) i will press the new bearing in

Old 12-21-2011, 01:48 AM
5 Year Member
I don't remember if I told you the shoes aren't Trek brand but are New Balance which were being distributed by Trek back then.. I haven't gotten anything done on my car other than have new wheels and tires on it and just the rear damper and springs from my Buddy Club N+ kit put on it.. The 205-50-16" Goodyear Eagle GT tires are way too heavy and killing fuel mileage and acceleration, they are otherwise pretty good, quiet, comfortable and great traction even in a very heavy downpour... 27.7 MPG since I have had them is right at the worst fuel mileage I have ever gotten and I was driving the hell out of it then.

Old 12-31-2011, 04:36 AM
5 Year Member
im getting the same popping noise.. when i look at the coilover as someone turns the wheel, its like the spring is getting caught on something. i tried tightening the spring, still the same noise.. did you guys find a fix?

Old 12-31-2011, 06:07 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by konespeed
im getting the same popping noise.. when i look at the coilover as someone turns the wheel, its like the spring is getting caught on something. i tried tightening the spring, still the same noise.. did you guys find a fix?
yup having the same problem on the drivers side when i turn the wheel it does seem like the spring is making the noise but im not sure

Old 12-31-2011, 08:19 PM
5 Year Member
i think alot of people get that popping sound.. i took mine off over and over and lubed the crap out of them.. but nothing. the sound happens at low speeds or at a stand still. TT____TT

Old 01-01-2012, 06:08 AM
5 Year Member
i just wd-40'd em. Now its all quiet.. i sprayed the top portion of the spring area. hopefully it'll stay that way.

Old 01-01-2012, 01:45 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by konespeed
i just wd-40'd em. Now its all quiet.. i sprayed the top portion of the spring area. hopefully it'll stay that way.
i wd-40'd them too first but they attract dirt and it wore off for after a while. they got SUUUPER dirty.. i usedd this silicone spray lube D:

Old 01-11-2012, 12:58 PM
can you guys show a picture of where you guys sprayed wd40?

Old 01-11-2012, 08:00 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ydna
can you guys show a picture of where you guys sprayed wd40?
'
spray where the spring meets the collars at the bottom and top

Old 01-23-2012, 06:43 PM
Former Vendor
Disregard the popping sound, if there's vibration, your front driveshaft inner bearings are out of place so check it before you get serious damage.

Looks like the rear spring is going to bind so I think you might want to dial the spring down for more travel.

Old 01-23-2012, 09:27 PM
5 Year Member
I think that is pretty much the way the N+ rear springs look when there is any kind of load on them.. I'm pretty sure mine look the same but the ride feels good and has never seemed to bottom out or bind even with the dampers set at their lightest position...

Old 02-28-2012, 04:54 AM
Going for the buddy club coilovers also, got the same wheels too except bluer

Old 03-10-2012, 09:54 PM
Does anyone have creaking problems on there passenger side? Because mine have been in for ~1200 miles and when I turn the wheel hard the passenger side will creak

Old 03-11-2012, 12:17 AM
5 Year Member
No squeaks from either side in front and only a very slight amount on the rear that was fixed with 1/4" rubber matting liberally coated with Mystic high temperature grease that I had cut to fit where the spring ends made contact with the metal.... I'm going to raise the car another inch or so before I install the Mugen type front bumper so it doesn't get scraped up... I will be fabricating a behind the bumper rubber spoiler also matting and installing a Beatrush panel to cut the under body turbulence at high speeds on the highway and add stability.....

Old 04-27-2015, 10:09 AM
5 Year Member
Did you have to reuse your rubber bushing on the rear for the top and bottom of the spring?

I noticed in 1 pic you show the height adjustment on the top of the spring and in another picture you have it on the bottom. Where is the correct spot for the height adjustment?

If you use it on the bottom I guess you reuse the upper bushing for the spring and then no bushing for the bottom?