Fit Suspension & Brake Modifications Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the Honda Fit

GD3 - Buddy Club N+ Question

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2012, 01:07 AM
5 Year Member
GD3 - Buddy Club N+ Question

Before I go through and finish up the suspension work on my Fit, I wanted to check with some of the members here who own a set of Buddy Clubs if they swapped any parts from the OEM springs/shocks and moved it onto the coilovers ?

The Instruction manual is all in japanese so it doesn't do much help there lol, and so far my search throughout FF didn't yield any solid results as to what I needed.

Thanks for any help and assistance you guys can give me!

Old 09-09-2012, 03:47 AM
5 Year Member
Name:  4485190.gif
Views: 1302
Size:  6.3 KB you will reuse #s 9,10,12,13,14and 15. I hope this helps. If you require further help feel free to ask. Pm me if you want. Once you get everything off the car you can see how it all works. Then you get the fun part.. preload,damper settings, adjustments-troubleshoot-adjustment, noise, adjustment. Components setteling, adjustment noise adjust...... I do suggest a higher rate spring for the rear if you have passengers often I'm looking into swift 8k linear springs possibly 10k for the front later down the road.

Old 09-09-2012, 06:10 AM
5 Year Member
Great information Joey fits... I haven't noticed the problem you mention about the rear springs but I don't carry passengers and have the rear seats removed.. Even if I did I probably wouldn't have any problems because my car is pretty close to being at the stock height... I found that the ride was rough with the dampening set at the 7th click on the rear and have backed off to 3 clicks. On the front I didn't preload the springs at all and set the damper adjustment on 4 clicks.. The ride is a little stiffer than Swift Mach Sport Springs at low speeds but when driving faster they feel just right... If I was to find it necessary to purchase different springs I would also buy Swift springs... I'm not sure how preloading Swift springs would do much more than reduce their travel due to the consistency in not increasing rebound tension but a very small amount when compressed.... If the aftermarket front bumper I will be installing allows me to use less ground clearance I may lower it a little but it looks like it may be a tad lower than the stock bumper and lip...

Old 09-09-2012, 09:11 AM
5 Year Member
Thanks a million! I'm going to test drive this morning since I only have the fronts installed at the moment. hopefully troubleshoot my settings if they're too hard.

Also note: My friend and I went with the installation last night and the only part he forgot to add in was #s 9 so that might be causing the noise at the slow/crawling turn speeds. Poop. So yeah time to make some adjustments.

Does #9 sit under? Since I know # 10 sits on top. Thanks a bunch joey!

Old 09-09-2012, 01:06 PM
5 Year Member
Yes between the spring and oem top hat. Check all collars then then nut on top has a torque spec of 25flbs if too tight it will cause the spring to bind. Sounds like horror movie door but slower.a popping sound on dips or bumps top nut too loose. If everything is tight try and remove the top nuts an turn lock to lock your sound will improve or worsen giving you a place to start

Old 09-09-2012, 01:12 PM
5 Year Member
Oh and tex the spring upgrade isn't super necessary but last month I went to take my room mates to the air port and with the added weight I couldn't get off the ground. Also I'm moderatly low if I raised the rear to maxxed out id be fine. I'm discussing ~200lbs in the rear. I drive with passengers often and unexpectedly

Old 09-09-2012, 03:32 PM
5 Year Member
yeah i didn't have time to remove the fronts but made time to install the rears (which were a lot easier). It's interesting that even without the #9 the sound is only coming from the passenger side spring. the sound disappeared after some torque adjustment on the nuts and endlink.

I'll make the time to insert the #9 another time, later this week when I'm not giving my soul away to my college program.

EDIT: Holla and props to raquino925 for selling me these bad ass coilovers. loving the drive so far!

Last edited by Oh, That Guy.; 09-09-2012 at 03:46 PM. Reason: PART NUMBER 9! lol not number 12. stupid me.
Old 09-09-2012, 08:11 PM
5 Year Member
Name:  IMG471.jpg
Views: 440
Size:  61.4 KB
I'm at work now ill check later. Hopefully this makes some sense

Old 09-09-2012, 09:13 PM
5 Year Member
very helpful! why is the oem spring seat have an asterisk? optional or removed from? XD i took it off already from the oem spring seat and its just sitting in my car til i make the time to put it in. hopefully the second round my axles won't need to be popped back in when i take them off haha.

Last edited by Oh, That Guy.; 09-09-2012 at 09:19 PM.
Old 09-09-2012, 11:17 PM
5 Year Member
how do those buddy clubs ride?

Old 09-10-2012, 01:54 AM
5 Year Member
right now i'm on 10 (out of 15) rears and 8 on fronts. probably stiffer than i should have it but i don't mind it at all, perfect in my opinion, and a huge difference than the stocks.

so far i'm driving gingerly til i fix everything.

aside from my stupidity of forgetting to install said part in this thread and assuming is the cause of that minor knocking noise at crawling/parking turns, i love the buddy clubs.

Old 09-10-2012, 07:04 PM
5 Year Member
Update:

So far that body roll seems to have disappeared XD. But anyways, yeah I went from 10 clicks rears to 8 since i was literally feeling everything down to the cricket i ran over.

i'll probably do more testing on the front (in regards to stiffness) and try to get that part i'm missing in the front this weekend. With everything torqued correctly as is, I'm assuming that the addition of the missing part will eliminate the noise, will update soon.

Old 09-16-2012, 01:54 PM
Just out of interest, is the re-used nut (#12) the one that's torqued to 25flbs on to the strut before installation?

Old 09-17-2012, 03:23 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Pneuma
Just out of interest, is the re-used nut (#12) the one that's torqued to 25flbs on to the strut before installation?
i torqued it to that with my car on jack stands (no load).

so far the sounds i've been getting calmed down but i still get them, which of course is probably from the lack of part i forgot to put in there. Fortunately, i see no damage done, (I check before I leave a place, etc.) but it IS annoying. lol

sidenote: if anyone in the DFW area (north and off of I35-W) have time the end of this week that has tools to help me, i'll buy you dinner. XD

my cousin/friends are busy themselves, so trying to make time to get my suspension going 100% is a pain in the same alonside my hectic college schedule.

Old 01-15-2013, 01:57 PM
Originally Posted by Oh, That Guy.
i torqued it to that with my car on jack stands (no load).

so far the sounds i've been getting calmed down but i still get them, which of course is probably from the lack of part i forgot to put in there. Fortunately, i see no damage done, (I check before I leave a place, etc.) but it IS annoying. lol

sidenote: if anyone in the DFW area (north and off of I35-W) have time the end of this week that has tools to help me, i'll buy you dinner. XD

my cousin/friends are busy themselves, so trying to make time to get my suspension going 100% is a pain in the same alonside my hectic college schedule.
Hey man, just wanted to bump this to see if you had any pictures of these things sitting all the way down? Just got my money up for coilovers, and really want to see how far I can bring the car down with these!

Thanks brother, maybe I'll see ya around the dfw xD

Old 01-15-2013, 02:36 PM
5 Year Member

I forgot to my measure ride heights after the drop. But I could had fit probably two Vans slip on shoe stacked on each other before. Lol

Now, I can only fit 2-fingers worth within the wheel well. Texas back roads aren't the best either when I have to drive around them sometimes, 8 clicks front, 10 clicks back.

I usually run 3 passengers tops and DD for groceries here and there. Only time I bottom out is when I'm stupid and in a hurry and don't hit dips at angles like I should.

Running on stock sport steelies, i'll switch to 16s eventually, just looking for some nice white 5-spoke shoes for it.

Old 01-15-2013, 02:48 PM
Originally Posted by Oh, That Guy.

I forgot to my measure ride heights after the drop. But I could had fit probably two Vans slip on shoe stacked on each other before. Lol

Now, I can only fit 2-fingers worth within the wheel well. Texas back roads aren't the best either when I have to drive around them sometimes, 8 clicks front, 10 clicks back.

I usually run 3 passengers tops and DD for groceries here and there. Only time I bottom out is when I'm stupid and in a hurry and don't hit dips at angles like I should.

Running on stock sport steelies, i'll switch to 16s eventually, just looking for some nice white 5-spoke shoes for it.
Damn...It looks good in that picture. But honestly it doesnt look much lower in the front than my TEIN S. TECHS or the back...I have sportlines in my rear. So it's an even 1.8 to 2" Is that all you can get down with on the buddy clubs? 2"?

Old 01-15-2013, 06:18 PM
5 Year Member
Oh, I can drop this car even lower if I wanted to. I just haven't had the time being in college.

Summer I'm probably going to drop another inch. I've actually had the rear driver-side wheel rub when I take a hard turn going at 60, but that was like one time lol.