Fit Suspension & Brake Modifications Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the Honda Fit

What company makes all kinds of handling parts

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2013, 03:40 PM
5 Year Member
What company makes all kinds of handling parts

I want to get serious with AutoX and eventually circuit racing and I want to know what company makes all kinds of braces and sway bars or what do you guys suggest I'm going to run Skunk Pro-C coils, Big brakes and some bolts ons eventually K20 TypeR Right now Im lowered on Springs with 16" RPF1s Give you your options and ideas please thank you! I was off the site for around 2 years but I'm back! ill post a picture of the car in a bit

Old 08-26-2013, 04:24 PM
5 Year Member
Name:  jdm03-1.jpg
Views: 2435
Size:  118.3 KB

Old 09-10-2013, 02:06 PM
5 Year Member
J's Racing makes a bunch of bars (front strut bar, front lower arm bar, rear strut bar, c pillar bar, fender braces, etc.)

GT Spec & T1R also have a bunch of bars. T1R also has a front sway bar available.

Spoon, Mugen, Cusco, Feel's, all have front strut bars available.

Progress has a rear sway bar

Though, I don't think these bars do too too much for handling. I would probably just get a nice set of tires and start with that.

Old 09-10-2013, 02:30 PM
Just raise it up a little bit and drive it as is, you don't need all that junk.

Old 09-10-2013, 03:26 PM
5 Year Member
+1 for raising your car 0.5" - 1" higher.

The Pro-C's, a good set of tires, and a set of good track/street brake pads should be more then enough. Then a rear sway bar once you're ready for more oversteer.

Old 09-11-2013, 12:01 AM
5 Year Member
UltrRacing is the best...their braces are made of steel. If all you want is show and no go, go for the pretty aluminum ones mentioned above. If want it to perform, these are the only ones you need to consider. I've got them on my GD3 and they made a world of difference in the handling. I have not gotten around to doing my GE8...but I would get these if I was.
Honda Fit / Jazz (2008) Aftermarket Performance Parts / Accessories / Spare Part - Ultra Racing Product Catalog

Old 09-11-2013, 12:08 PM
5 Year Member
Thank you to all for all those suggestions!!

Old 09-11-2013, 03:36 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by HB1320
I want to get serious with AutoX and eventually circuit racing and I want to know what company makes all kinds of braces and sway bars or what do you guys suggest I'm going to run Skunk Pro-C coils, Big brakes and some bolts ons eventually K20 TypeR Right now Im lowered on Springs with 16" RPF1s Give you your options and ideas please thank you! I was off the site for around 2 years but I'm back! ill post a picture of the car in a bit
I think the first priority (before chassis bracing)
is to buy the best fully damping adjustable coilover (with spring rate customization) available for track use,

and from my personal opinion (if cost do not matter)
then the Best of the Best is,
the Ohlins coil over (available from Ohlins Japan for around $3,000 with shipping).
This one:

if you want the Best VALUE for the buck for Track use,
then I think Chris Koni's coil over kit is the Best VALUE.
well, actually Chris can also make the kit with the more racing oriented fully adjustable shocks too.
This one:

For Front sway bar, the LARGEST and Best Value is the Spoon Front Sway Bar,
This one:

for Rear sway bar, well, Progress is the LARGEST and Best Value for Rear Sway Bar.

Chassis bracing,...
for the 4 point lower subframe model, Cusco (latest generation model) is the best since it allow you to keep the Honda Fit GE Sport factory 2 point brace.
This one: (notice the black original bracing behind the Cusco brace !!!)
Name:  WP_000393_zps325dd4c1.jpg
Views: 2144
Size:  95.2 KB

for the 2 point lower suspension, I think the BeatRush is the best since it also have 2 extra attachment point.

for the front strut, I think the Ultra Racing is the best design (make sure you get the USDM version since they also have the JDM version of this)...

for the rear, I think the x-brace carbon fiber bar from T1R/AJ-Racing is the best one...

Other chassis brace, on other part of the car... like the one inside the car behind the front seat or under the car (far behind the subfame but before the rear axle) and the front fender brace...
well those are not really needed from my point of view, because those are far from suspension attachment point...
it might make the chassis more rigid overall, but since it is not really close
to any suspension mounting point, I think the added weight might not be worth it...

oh, don't forget, you might want to get Spoon Rear Axle kit (only 2 piece) rigid collar, that should minimize the flex on the rear axle bushing...
the front kit... I think those are not needed, but if you are installing
all those extra bracing up front... well you might as well add the front spoon rigid collar so the bolt holes between the subframe and the chassis will be perfectly centered

so I think there is no single manufacturer make the best suspension equipment but you had to choose a product from several manufacturer that had the best design/material/price for your need.

Last edited by BMW ALPINA; 09-11-2013 at 03:38 PM.
Old 09-11-2013, 03:44 PM
5 Year Member
He has a GD.

He's also looking to get into tracking, he doesn't need any fancy things. Just seat time.

Old 09-11-2013, 03:52 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
He has a GD.

He's also looking to get into tracking, he doesn't need any fancy things. Just seat time.
ups,
I thought he had a GE,...

well, he did ask for the list of manufacturer that make suspension stuff,
because he said he is getting serious...
and getting serous mean not only seat time but also "equipment" to help him get serious to the next level...

that is why I listed all the things above.
but unfortunately I listed stuff for GE (cause I am not familiar with GD and I don't know that he had a GD instead of a GE...).

still, I think my point is, no single manufacturer had the best design/material/value, just need to do research to find out which one is the correct one for his needs.

oh, before I forgot,

I think Ohlins used to make coil over for GD,
but for sure the Koni's coil over kit from Chris will fit GD...

don't know much about chassis bracing for GD though...

Last edited by BMW ALPINA; 09-11-2013 at 03:56 PM.
Old 09-11-2013, 08:44 PM
Tires, rear sway bar and seat time.

Old 09-11-2013, 09:39 PM
5 Year Member
^ that plus an alignment...

Old 09-11-2013, 11:35 PM
5 Year Member
I put UltraRacing fender bars first on my GD3 because I didn't think they would do anything to the handling. Man was I wrong! Fender braces are very important!

And my recommendation would be to stiffen the chassis first and then put on the coil-overs. If you do it the other way around, you will only have to adjust your suspension twice.

I installed the Mugen 3-Ways on my GD3 and Mugens on my GE8.

My other recommendation is to only buy steel chassis bracing. Aluminum ones are strong enough, it is just that steel ones are stiffer...and that is what chassis bracing is all about...stiffness!

Last edited by Jodele; 09-11-2013 at 11:38 PM.
Old 09-23-2013, 04:07 PM
5 Year Member
Our shop has built a few trackable GDs and some outright ridiculous GEs (for a professional 1600cc race series).
Item one for making a huge difference are spherical steel bushings instead of the factory rubber...at ALL suspension points. Realign...instant razor handling improvement. Might be too harsh for a street car but all the bolt on stuff in the world isn't gonna fix the problem of stock gooey suspension bushings. The Fit is really stiff for a hatchback (and not that light), so I recommend fixing that particular item, then working on springs, dampers and tires next. I know they seem really stiff and precise, but once the tires are sticky and spring rates go up, the main enemy of quick and consistent lapping will be the craptastic stock bushings. It's like having thick mittens on and trying to be a surgeon.

Last edited by CarbonTek; 09-23-2013 at 04:15 PM.
Old 09-23-2013, 06:05 PM
^For a race car, ok, for any car that spends a decent amount of time on the street that's a bit much. Wear out too fast on streets and LOUD. I had spherical bushings on a previous car and you could hear every vibration in the cabin the car was not daily driven.

Definitely a good upgrade, just clarifying that for anyone who might stumble on this thread in the future.

Old 09-23-2013, 08:42 PM
5 Year Member
Try Polyurethane then for a happy medium?

Old 09-23-2013, 10:33 PM
^^ And who makes these 4 A GE?

Old 09-23-2013, 11:20 PM
Good quality coilovers plus front and rear tower braces are the best BUDGET combo. Im on stock struts/shocks sitting with dropzone springs, and the ultra racing rear shock bar improved the car more then I thought it would. Not a MASSIVE change, but indeed noticable.

Our fits are sloppy at best. Honda stiffened the 2nd gen fits a ton over the 1st gens and they are still really sloppy.

Biggest single handling gain will be from a rear sway bar

Old 09-24-2013, 06:53 AM
5 Year Member
Yeah, sloppy and still stiffer than the old EK or EG Civics.

Old 09-24-2013, 09:31 AM
I traded my EK for this Fit and I have to concur.

Quick Reply: What company makes all kinds of handling parts