Fit Suspension & Brake Modifications Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the Honda Fit

Brake Pads?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 02:05 AM
Brake Pads?

I do alot of canyon driving in the Fit, and notice significant brake fade after very short distances under hard braking. On my other cars, I use and have used the Project Mu Titan Kai & BForce. Both were great on a mostly stock brake setup. What brake pads, if any have any of you upgraded to? These OEM pads, are not doing the trick.

Old 08-23-2006, 08:49 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SennaVsProst
I do alot of canyon driving in the Fit, and notice significant brake fade after very short distances under hard braking. On my other cars, I use and have used the Project Mu Titan Kai & BForce. Both were great on a mostly stock brake setup. What brake pads, if any have any of you upgraded to? These OEM pads, are not doing the trick.
Hawk HPS but I think that they are not out yet...
AJ racing sell and other brand that I don't know
but look interesting.

Philippe

Old 08-23-2006, 02:22 PM
5 Year Member
do anyone know how many waranty miles do we have on the brakes, I had 12month 12,000miles on my sentra, but duno in honda. and I belive that some vendor post some upgrade to the stock brake pads but no recuerdo (dont remember) please help.....
i work in the mountains and there is a highway that when I go downhill, I go on Neutral (save gas) but noticed that the discs trumble a little as when they need to be cut, so if there are in waranty, maybe honda could replace them....

Old 08-23-2006, 08:16 PM
I had a similar issue on another car and I used Pagid Fast Road pads and ATE Super Blue fluid. I never had brake fade again, even on track days. I don't know what pads are available for the Fit yet. AJ racing had some SS lines that will always help too, specially if you are overheating your fluid. Is it dark or still pretty clean looking?

Old 08-23-2006, 11:20 PM
Former Vendor
I have some Seido-ya , Endless race pads in stock and they will help if you take the car to track.

Old 08-24-2006, 08:37 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by AJ PwR Jr.
I have some Seido-ya , Endless race pads in stock and they will help if you take the car to track.
do they fit the stock brakes?

Is not for track ( tho I will track soon) but is a very VERY very long down hill. I start at 35-40 mph put it in neutral, and then in no time I am doing 60-70-80- and so on so when I brake to keep pace (maximun is 45mph) you'll know I ended braking all the way down.. so brakes suffer... not fade but I belive the pads cristalize or something.

Please post a picture cause I can't find the brake tread you post log ago and/or pm with price shipped to Puerto Rico ( I belive it has to be UPS cause canada postal don't know where is 00716 / 00731 )

Please advise.

Last edited by carlosalicea; 08-24-2006 at 08:41 AM.
Old 08-24-2006, 08:47 AM
vbo
Ferrodo DS2500

Old 08-25-2006, 02:57 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by carlosalicea
do they fit the stock brakes?

Is not for track ( tho I will track soon) but is a very VERY very long down hill. I start at 35-40 mph put it in neutral, and then in no time I am doing 60-70-80- and so on so when I brake to keep pace (maximun is 45mph) you'll know I ended braking all the way down.. so brakes suffer... not fade but I belive the pads cristalize or something.

Please post a picture cause I can't find the brake tread you post log ago and/or pm with price shipped to Puerto Rico ( I belive it has to be UPS cause canada postal don't know where is 00716 / 00731 )

Please advise.
PM sent.

For the down hill, I think just pads and fluids might not be enough, I will suggest you to get some brake ducts installed cuz going downhill will cause the brakes to over heat a lot easier.

Thanks
Ben

Old 08-25-2006, 09:01 AM
5 Year Member
PM sent.

For the down hill, I think just pads and fluids might not be enough, I will suggest you to get some brake ducts installed cuz going downhill will cause the brakes to over heat a lot easier.

Thanks
Ben
Thanks for the PM.

Brake ducts? Iwill have to look where to made ones or Is there anything already made for it?

The space seem so little, nd non't want to cut anything.

Old 08-25-2006, 10:13 PM
5 Year Member
ebc has released a green stuff pad for the USDM fit!

Old 11-08-2006, 03:23 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Jimmy101
ebc has released a green stuff pad for the USDM fit!

how you find them, and is there a part # for the Fit or do you use some civic ones?

please advise

Old 11-08-2006, 10:16 PM
5 Year Member
ebcbrakes.com
part#: DP2891, 07 honda fit.

Old 11-09-2006, 12:16 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by carlosalicea
I start at 35-40 mph put it in neutral, and then in no time I am doing 60-70-80- and so on so when I brake to keep pace (maximun is 45mph) you'll know I ended braking all the way down.. so brakes suffer... not fade but I belive the pads cristalize or something.
Put the car in gear and let the engine help with downhill braking. I can't see any brake system being able to stand up to this type of use (abuse). You may save a few cents in gas, but you already have warped rotors, so I'm sure the benefits do not out weigh the costs .

I work at a mountain radio telescope and have been driving steep downhills for 30 years. Everything is a balance, so help your brakes out and just put the car in gear to help the brakes.

Old 11-09-2006, 01:27 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Jimmy101
ebcbrakes.com
part#: DP2891, 07 honda fit.
Aparently there are ebc pads for the fit, but the part# I get is DP21781. Maybe the DP2891 fit and they are just puting a new part number just to get money out of us (and belive me when I said that I wish they were the same for those lot of honda vehicles), but this if the info in

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/pe...2007&partid=12

Please somebody confirm that the DP2891 fits in the Fit. The DP21781 are less expensive tho.

Last edited by carlosalicea; 11-09-2006 at 01:50 PM.
Old 11-09-2006, 01:35 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kkim
Put the car in gear and let the engine help with downhill braking. I can't see any brake system being able to stand up to this type of use (abuse). You may save a few cents in gas, but you already have warped rotors, so I'm sure the benefits do not out weigh the costs .

I work at a mountain radio telescope and have been driving steep downhills for 30 years. Everything is a balance, so help your brakes out and just put the car in gear to help the brakes.

It makes a lot of sense!!!!!!!!! thanks Sometimes we pass the situations as a whole and lose focus. Damaging the brakes oviously will make spend more money than the gas Il'll save, plus belive me, I will feel more confident.

Thanks a lot for your eye opening toughts.

Old 11-10-2006, 01:20 AM
vbo
Originally Posted by kkim

Exactly. Many people fear to put a small gear and up in rpm. Belive go up in rpm dammage the motor. It's a Honda, and not a Opel or Fiat.

In Switzerland many many time you see people go down from the mountain and all time put the break. And you, behind, just a little gear and don't touch the break or right before a pin.
You laugh and say "in 5 minutes, he have smoke leave from break".

And 5 minutes later... One very very bad smell. And the guy stop on the with dimensions one of the road. Break down.

Stupid guy...

Same of people saying "a 1.4lt it's not sufficient for mountain. You must have a 2.0lt"
Just push the gas pedal and heaving right gear.
I have run with 4 person in fit(jazz), and the cargo full for camp, run in highway, go at the top of the mountain, take hard collars and no problem. Yes, some times must put the first gear, but no the concern.

Fit/jazz very good car !

Old 03-02-2007, 06:02 PM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
how much dust???

Old 03-02-2007, 06:03 PM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
how much dust?? direct fit??

Old 04-10-2007, 01:39 AM
5 Year Member
apparently the EBC DP2891 is also for the acura rsx 2001 or higher. I read on this site somewhere that people were using hawk pads from an rsx and they were an exact fit. i checked perfectbrakes.com and they list DP21781 like someone else here mentioned. I have EBC rotors ad pads on my element and they are great. A little noisy though. I really want redstuff for the fit so not sure if i can use the rsx redstuff and it will fit???

Old 04-10-2007, 01:57 PM
Originally Posted by leonine
apparently the EBC DP2891 is also for the acura rsx 2001 or higher. I read on this site somewhere that people were using hawk pads from an rsx and they were an exact fit. i checked perfectbrakes.com and they list DP21781 like someone else here mentioned. I have EBC rotors ad pads on my element and they are great. A little noisy though. I really want redstuff for the fit so not sure if i can use the rsx redstuff and it will fit???
wow if the RSX pads are a direct fit for the Fit then that means we have a LOT of options for pads!!!

can anyone actually confirm this? since no one really offers pads yet other than EBC and Endless.....its kinda hard to match part numbers from websites....

Quick Reply: Brake Pads?