Fit Wheels & Tires Discuss Wheels & Tires for the Fit and Jazz

Help! I need new tires!

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2011, 10:48 PM
Talking Help! I need new tires!

Let's be honest here, I don't know much about cars, much less tires. But I love my Fit... was so glad I was able to find an affordable used 2007 a year and a half ago... had wanted one from the moment I saw one sitting in a parking lot shortly after they came out here.

Anyway... I'm driving a 2007 Sport, no modifications, has the dealer "approved" Dunlops or something like that.

Realllllly want something that's going to work all year round, even during the snowy winters we get in southern Wisconsin. I've done lots of research, looking at what different websites say for what's good, but I'd rather have some tried answers. I'm relying on you, fellow fit freaks, to help me out!

If you've never driven your Fit in snow, don't answer me. I want first hand answers about what has worked.

I know that having two sets of tires is going to be my best bet, but I won't do it... the weather here can just be too varied to make that realistic. (No joke we had 60s one week, then a big snow storm the next week in February)

Help! And soon!
Monica

Old 03-06-2011, 11:26 PM
5 Year Member
Old 03-07-2011, 01:50 AM
5 Year Member
Falken ZIEX ZE 502 and move to Southern California. Ef the snow.

Old 03-07-2011, 02:11 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Goobers
Great tires, but they aren't available in the OP's size unless they have 16 inch wheels (which I doubt).

Old 03-07-2011, 09:01 AM
Thumbs up

I live in the snow belt too and I can't say enough great things about the Conti DWS tire. I have truely tested them in ALL conditions and they pass with an A+! Dry grip proved itself on the twisty mountain roads of Tenn/N.C. while out on the Dragon and Cherahola Skyway, just stuck like glue. Then, back home we got our final rains of the season and you could really feel them BITE into the concrete, confidence inspiring! Then came "regular" snow, again, right through it without a problem but the real test came early in February, the Blizzard of 2011! I drove home from work 2 hours into the snow coming down, don't know how much was on the road but I couldn't really see at many point on my 22 mile drive home but I know this, my Conti' got me home safe and sound and didn't lose grip. I can't believe this all-season tire can be so many things to so many conditions but they really are.

With a 540 treadwear number they will last a long time, atleast 50k with proper rotations, balancing and alignments. If they don't have the exact size for your car, I'm sure they've got something close. A good tire shop will let you know what you can run if the exact size isn't available, check out their site Continental USA Car / Light Truck / SUV -

Old 03-07-2011, 09:09 AM
I actually just checked the link I posted up and they do not offer the Conti DWS in 15" sizes. My only other advice to you is upgrade to some 16" wheels, something that will give your car a more unique look and improve the ride and handling while your at it and then step into the best all around tire on the market today, hands down!

I'm sure you've got a Discount Tire near you and not only can you get the Conti's from them, but they have many aftermarket wheels for your Fit, with financing up from 6, 9 or 12 monthes depending on how much you spend. I got my Konig/Continental combo from them and financed them for 9 monthes, almost paid off too.

Old 03-07-2011, 09:22 AM
Originally Posted by Flyin172s
Falken ZIEX ZE 502 and move to Southern California. Ef the snow.
You got a place for me to live? Lol

Old 03-07-2011, 08:10 PM
No Discount Tire around. Plan to just have my mechanic do it for me, but want to find tires online, if possible.

Old 03-16-2011, 08:00 AM
5 Year Member
i am also in the market of looking for new tires, i thought tire rack would give us a discount since we are members?! but i couldnt find the right person to contact although they are the forum sponsors....