Fit Wheels & Tires Discuss Wheels & Tires for the Fit and Jazz

DZ101 vs BFG GForce Spt vs S.Drive?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 04:13 PM
DZ101 vs BFG GForce Spt vs S.Drive?

Hey all, shopping around for tires in 195/55/15 and figured i'd ask here since this size is OEM for GD Sport and you all might have some experience between these three.

Dunlop Direzza DZ101 vs BFGoodrich g-Force Sport COMP-2 vs Yokohama S.drive?

Will be daily driven and will see wet weather. May see some cones or a HPDE but ultimate performance isn't paramount. I don't care about road noise. Kind of leaning towards the BFGs but I have no experience with the brand whatsoever.

On second thought it's probably just a shootout between the BFGs and Yokohamas, i've heard complaints about the Direzzas (not star spec).

Old 06-11-2013, 01:14 PM
5 Year Member
Haven't run the Dunlops or BFG's, but the Yoko S.Drives I had were excellent. Reminded me of Bridgestone RE730's, which used to be my favorite all-around tires years ago. Never tracked them, but seemed comparable to the RE730's performance (which were tracked). Wet traction was good as well.

Old 06-11-2013, 01:34 PM
^Thanks for response I had forgot about this thread but it's still relevant to my interests.

I see great reviews of the S.Drives pretty much everywhere. I had RE760s before and they were awesome wet and dry. If the S.Drives have decent wet performance that is a big plus, because it does get wet here in the winter.

Old 08-04-2013, 12:48 AM
Het
I'm looking at the same tires. Going from OE to one of these three.
Did you end up making a purchase, and if so what are your thoughts?

Old 08-04-2013, 03:28 AM
5 Year Member
I've run both the DZ101's and the BFG GForce's. No experience with the S-Drives, but ran many sets of various ADVAN's and AVID's.

BFG's were slightly better in every way than the DZ101's, but the DZ101's did well in wet conditions when they still had decent tread depth remaining. Both wore out quickly, but the BFG's lasted a few thousand longer.

That said, I have preferred Yokohamas on most lightweight D.D. cars I've owned. The S-Drives should last longer than the other two, perform well in the wet and still offer solid dry traction for occasional cone weaving.

Old 08-04-2013, 01:05 PM
Thanks for the insight Import Al. I do require decent wet performance, as it does rain here in the winter, although not that often and when it does it's generally not a downpour (with a few occasional exceptions). I'm coming up on tires pretty soon here, my cheapo Falkens have lasted quite a bit longer than I was expecting but are getting to the wear bars. I will be going a little shorter on the tire than stock at 195/55/15 (GE) but the 2% difference doesn't concern me much.

Still strongly considering the BFGs, as long as they're not as bad in the wet as Azenis 615 i've experience in the past but I think the responsible decision would be the S.Drives from the input here, I don't really want to find out i'm going to have to pussyfoot on the freeway when it's raining.

Old 08-04-2013, 02:15 PM
I am IMMENSELY impressed with my new tires
195/60/15 General Tire Altimax HP

Tirerack has em at 66 each, and with roadhazard I totaled at 313 delivered.

Ordered LATE wednesday, recieved 1pm friday!

Using GPS speedometer and torque (android) gps speedo, I only see myself going a few mph faster then my speedo above 60mph

quiet, and grips VERY well

Old 08-04-2013, 02:18 PM
5 Year Member
I only have experience with the s.drives but I think they are my favorite tire for daily driving of what I've used so far. They did well for me. I'd recommend them to my family and friends.

Old 02-04-2015, 05:36 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Wanderer.
Thanks for the insight Import Al. I do require decent wet performance, as it does rain here in the winter, although not that often and when it does it's generally not a downpour (with a few occasional exceptions). I'm coming up on tires pretty soon here, my cheapo Falkens have lasted quite a bit longer than I was expecting but are getting to the wear bars. I will be going a little shorter on the tire than stock at 195/55/15 (GE) but the 2% difference doesn't concern me much.

Still strongly considering the BFGs, as long as they're not as bad in the wet as Azenis 615 i've experience in the past but I think the responsible decision would be the S.Drives from the input here, I don't really want to find out i'm going to have to pussyfoot on the freeway when it's raining.
My dude, did you end up with the BFG?

Old 02-04-2015, 05:44 PM
I actually ended up with S.Drives, and they were great while they lasted. They are dead now and you see me with the Kumho 4x at the moment.

Decided to take a step back and leave the HP Summer tires for the Corolla. I needed something that was going to last for a while and be good in lots of conditions since I'm driving all over the place these days.

They're not bad fun tires either honestly (the 4x). Better than I expected to be sure. We will see how they age though.

Old 02-04-2015, 06:04 PM
5 Year Member
I actually ended up with S.Drives, and they were great while they lasted. They are dead now and you see me with the Kumho 4x at the moment.

Decided to take a step back and leave the HP Summer tires for the Corolla. I needed something that was going to last for a while and be good in lots of conditions since I'm driving all over the place these days.

They're not bad fun tires either honestly (the 4x). Better than I expected to be sure. We will see how they age though.
Going to order the BFG tonight, I guess we'll be guinea pigs haha.

With them being summer only tires for us, I'm not as worried as I would be about longevity.

Old 02-04-2015, 07:07 PM
I've read lots of great reviews on them, I'm sure they're great tires and you don't have anything to worry about. Let me know what you think of them.

Old 02-04-2015, 09:16 PM
5 Year Member
I've read lots of great reviews on them, I'm sure they're great tires and you don't have anything to worry about. Let me know what you think of them.
Will do.

$656 shipped/mounted/balanced on some "Maxxim Winners"

15x6.5 +38 w/ 195/55/15 tires.

Wheels weigh 13ish pounds, not mad at that at all for that price.

Not really reps of anything I can think of either.

Old 02-05-2015, 02:21 PM
Wow that's a good price shipped mounted and balanced! Where did you order from?

Wheels look good and that's a nice weight too. I've been considering getting a new set soon and swapping my current wheels to the Corolla so i'll keep those in mind.

Old 02-08-2015, 11:25 AM
5 Year Member
Wow that's a good price shipped mounted and balanced! Where did you order from?

Wheels look good and that's a nice weight too. I've been considering getting a new set soon and swapping my current wheels to the Corolla so i'll keep those in mind.
Discount Tire Direct. Free shipping helps things haha

Old 02-08-2015, 07:00 PM
you guyus need to check out Onlinetires.com - Lowest Tire Prices on the Web. Period! for tires.

I had my previous two sets of tires for under $400 for performance all seasons that ended up doing very well in snow, rain, mud, and dry

Old 02-08-2015, 09:05 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 13fit
you guyus need to check out Onlinetires.com - Lowest Tire Prices on the Web. Period! for tires.

I had my previous two sets of tires for under $400 for performance all seasons that ended up doing very well in snow, rain, mud, and dry
Pretty much the same price as discount tire for the BFG.

Old 02-09-2015, 05:27 PM
Originally Posted by mike410b
Discount Tire Direct. Free shipping helps things haha
Oh really? I always use them because I have a card with them. I might just have to order a similar setup then. Thanks!

Originally Posted by 13fit

Yeah I know that site. They have good deals sometimes. Usually DTD's prices are the same or pretty close, I always double check vs. Like I said I have a card with Discount that's 0% interest for 6 months so I usually just use that if it's pretty close in price.