Florida Fit Club?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 11:09 AM
5 Year Member
Florida Fit Club!

Hey guys:
I was thinking, fitfreak.net has been great since I got down here to meet fellow owners and learn alot about this car, and cars in general.
I was thinking, would there be enough interest from the central florida crowd in getting a club together?
There is already the monthly Lollicup meet near the florida mall in orlando that would be a good starting point, especially since it's relatively central.
It'd be great to just make one day out of each month to organize a meet, have some sort of cruise drive lined up, and aim for a destination - the lollicup meet or another event/show, or some hot spot for some food or something like that. Warmer months could have cruises out to a beach or something - picnics, bbq's the sky's the limit. Back home there were similar events like this throughout the summer for a variety of cars... once you get legit enough, people take you seriously and I'm sure there'd be other locales besides Lollicup that would be willing to host as a venue for a meet.
We could get decals even, if interest got sparked high enough - just have to think of a name... I used to be part of a ford explorer club, East Coast Xplorers, and I think it was a great way to bring together a number of people who wouldn't have otherwise crossed paths. Car ownership has a way of doing that sort of thing.
Central Florida Fit Owners (CFFO for short) maybe? I'm open to any suggestions...
If at least one person in the major areas of Central Florida (I'm no expert of regional breakdown so forgive me) like Daytona (I'm in!!) Orlando Area, and Tampa area, and whatever greater metro area falls in central florida who would be willing to help organize and orchestrate and do some promoting (I know not every fit owner is on the forums) then I think we'd be off to a great start.
I've been pretty successful with chartering groups in the past, especially in undergrad. I'd love to see something that can link up all the cent. florida owners and enthusiasts (if you just love fits, but don't own one, you should still join and come out to events)
We could eventually get a track day going a couple times a year, or organize a full on car show, have newsletters, all sorts of stuff.
The scion crowd does it, among other subcultures, so why not - fitfreak is a great platform to get something like this started... it'd be great to someday see a similar club in all the greater metro areas across the country. there's already enough ownership and enthusiasm of the car, now let's create a way to really show and express it!

I just think that this car is really making a name for itself in the b-segment that it's only a matter of time before this car just blows up in popularity (if it hasn't already) and it deserves this sort of attention just as much as any other popular car out there, old or new.

Anyway, that's all for now. With the new year approaching, I think January is as good a time as any to start this up.

I look forward to hearing from other FL fit owners about what they think about this...

Last edited by sevenaprils; 01-01-2008 at 03:19 PM. Reason: update title/info
Old 12-25-2007, 09:54 PM
5 Year Member
Did anything happen with this? I know there is a lot of C.F. Fit owners on here?

Old 12-25-2007, 10:25 PM
Ill be down for it and i know some others that would be cool with it too.

-Hieu

Old 12-26-2007, 10:06 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by KoolMikeSki
Did anything happen with this? I know there is a lot of C.F. Fit owners on here?
Something WILL be happening with this in January. I'm out of state until then for the Holidays but I started a thread to start gaging interest and it's coming along. When I get back to Daytona I'll start trying to organize things for us Florida Fit Owners!

Old 12-26-2007, 02:42 PM
5 Year Member
Sounds good i'm down

Old 01-01-2008, 03:22 PM
5 Year Member
There's been more of a response to this idea in the mirror thread located in the clubs/organizations/meets forum, found here https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/car-...tml#post213949
So I'll direct anyone attention to that one as well as this one.

Keep the ideas coming!

Anyone who would like to post up design ideas for a logo or anything as well, feel free!

Old 01-03-2008, 09:37 PM
5 Year Member
Quick rough logo designs...

Can't stress enough how quick and rough these are, as you can see. Just wanted to get some early feedback - if there's big preference of one over the other, I don't want to spend time sharpening/perfecting one for nothing. I'm also slow with photoshop as I haven't used it since my graphics editing days for posters and flyers for work during my undergrad.
I used GIMP, an alternative for photoshop, and I find it pretty mac user friendly, and it's free. But I have photoshop on my desktop, and alot more tools to do a better job. So anyway, I think the second image has alot of individualization potential because we could have it run in different colors to match/mismatch our fits. The first is more simple, I got the idea from the New England Fit Club logo - sorry for using it as a template - if we go further with it, I'll be sure to use a more personal/unique design. Sorry guys!
Anyway, let me know what you guys think. If you have your own ideas/designs post them up as well, even if it's a sketch on a napkin - anything we can all work from and brainstorm together is great I think.
Can't wait to slap one of these on my fit, in whatever form they ultimately take!

Old 01-03-2008, 10:02 PM
5 Year Member
I like the first one!

Old 01-03-2008, 10:18 PM
5 Year Member
I would like to see this worked in somehow.

Old 01-04-2008, 02:55 PM

I personally like the first one but i showed both to my girlfriend and she likes the second one more. Its up to you guys now.

Old 01-04-2008, 04:18 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fit_2_fcuk

I personally like the first one but i showed both to my girlfriend and she likes the second one more. Its up to you guys now.
I like the first. It's edgier - might have to make it all one color though if we go vinyl, just to save money on printing, and it'll be it easier overall I think but I like it.
The second is great too, maybe if "FFC" were bigger, or in bold.
Great job though, what are you using to make them?

Old 01-04-2008, 05:14 PM
im using cs3(adobe photoshop 3)

Old 01-04-2008, 06:40 PM
5 Year Member
I've got cs2. Looks good. Now that i'm looking at them again though I like the second one. It'd be sweet to have it done up in a few different colors. Really attract peoples' attention.
What about moving "Florida Fit Club" to below the car, like in my rough sketch? I'm just thinking it's almost too busy with everything inside the silhouette. I like the FFC in there, and maybe it could get even a little bigger? This has got my vote - I'm too damn slow with photoshop and you did what I hoped to do, and better.

What are you up to this weekend? I'm thinking about checking out the SCCA auto-x Sunday in Palm Bay, or not, I'm not sure. You want to catch up? I'll get you your eyelids back too.

Old 01-04-2008, 07:14 PM
5 Year Member
maybe this?

Hieu I took your design and tooled around with it. hope you don't mind.

I liked the idea osborne suggested of incorporating the state outline somehow. I tried it in a bunch of spots and this to me looked the best. It didn't fit right anywhere else.

Anyway, what do you think?

Old 01-04-2008, 10:12 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
This one. /End Thread
Although, how would that style be transferred to the car? You would HAVE to have tinted windows (which I think we all do) and then different colors in the vinyl.

Originally Posted by sevenaprils
I'll get you your eyelids back too.
Those eyelids looked awesome on my Fit!

Old 01-04-2008, 10:16 PM
I like the idea! I'll join....

Base Fit Though.....

Old 01-04-2008, 11:28 PM
5 Year Member
What about something like this? I tried to make it black instead of gray, but it looked terrible.

Old 01-04-2008, 11:36 PM
5 Year Member
That sticker^^^ just seems like too much going on to me. Maybe if you incorporate a smaller shape of Florida into the fit outline with FFC?

Old 01-05-2008, 04:48 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Mx6GT89
This one. /End Thread
Although, how would that style be transferred to the car? You would HAVE to have tinted windows (which I think we all do) and then different colors in the vinyl.

Those eyelids looked awesome on my Fit!

The decal just needs some work to be all one color, and if it was printed in white vinyl, just imagine the reds as solid white, and the black is the background - it'd show up on any window I think tinted or not - white would especially pop on tinted windows, but we could do solid red, or blue, green, yellow even.

Hieu do you get what I'm saying? Since you've got the original maybe you can adjust it better than I can, but I'll try and play around with it so people can see it could work out nicely.

Old 01-05-2008, 05:11 AM
5 Year Member
This is what I was thinking.

white - this would do well on tinted windows.
and then change the color...Any of these I think would show up whether windows were tinted or not.

blue

red

lime/yellow

You get the idea.
That way we could run a few diff. colors and people could pick and choose.

fit_2_fcuk can make the adjustments better than I can.

Last edited by sevenaprils; 01-05-2008 at 05:12 AM. Reason: add info

Quick Reply: Florida Fit Club?