Mia FIT

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 10:00 PM
5 Year Member
Yo Mini how come you left me out lol
Jk. Nice to see more Miami Fitters. I'd like you guys to know that Mini and I would like to host a meet in Miami. How does this sound to you guys. I ask because I would want at least 5 other Fit out there other than Mini and Me. Let us know guys and gals

Old 02-10-2008, 10:14 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fit_love
im not really sure where, im slightley directionally stupid, but its not far off, before the fiu exit if im not mistaken. my friend told me how to get there from the passenger seat (needed my magic seats for his rims haha) website is edgeracing.com. wheres hp? website maybe?

and thanks for the heads up. i think theres just a couple of us from miami. i know towelie has about the cleanest fit ever. and theres another nhbp i saw somewhere. haha
Towelie is my neighbor...literally. I envy him lol. I love his Fit. He def knows how to hook up that Fit. Tru JDM right there.

Old 02-10-2008, 10:18 PM
5 Year Member
its alright. most people naturally assume youre a guy on a forum. haha

good luck at edge. hope you find something you like.
EdgeRacing to me = caca! lol.

Not to hate but they have a small selection.
As for Drag Wheels. This is def the way to go if your looking to save money and they how some really good knock offs. I'd go with Drag too.

Old 02-10-2008, 10:19 PM
I only have a stock fit atm, but I would do a meet. I would prefer this next weekend (Presidents Day Weekend.)

Old 02-10-2008, 10:21 PM
5 Year Member
20% in the front
anything lower is considered illegal.
You can go 15% in the 2nd row windows and so forth.

Old 02-10-2008, 10:22 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by betahack
Hey, another one down from Miami with the Honda Fit. Had mine for almost a year now, no pics atm and sadly I chose AT because of the traffic. Got a question since I don't know off hand, what is legal for the tint's in Miami. Gonna get some and I don't wanna get ticketed pulling through Bay Harbour and the likes.

Anyways, currently my car is stock but I am about to purchase and install a Progress Swaybar. Also residing over in Daytona Beach for school.
20% in the front
anything lower is considered illegal.
You can go 15% in the 2nd row windows and so forth.

Old 02-10-2008, 10:23 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by betahack
I only have a stock fit atm, but I would do a meet. I would prefer this next weekend (Presidents Day Weekend.)
Oh shit tru.

Atm or Manual. Who cares. All are welcomed

Old 02-10-2008, 10:59 PM
I kill myself all the time for getting a AT, even though I know and love MT. You see I learned on a Ford Mustang and drove that around for a year in Miami traffic. If you know anything about a Ford clutch, you know they get really hard over time. So not having much experience with other MT cars I decided if I am gonna be in all that traffic I would get a AT. Sad story. Hah.

Does not matter anyways, in 2 years time or so I plan on switching the engine to a K20Z1 and the resale on the engine with Automatic is higher I would assume. Right now though, I am about to place a order in for the Progress Rear Swaybar, and gonna finally get the windows tinted. What can I say, I am a poor college student. >_<

*edit*
Oh, and the more that I look at them...the more tempting a set of Mugen Visors would be to just accent the cars look. I don't want it to standout really, though...

Old 02-10-2008, 11:25 PM
5 Year Member
i would say i'd go to the meet but i got crashed at on saturday so my FIT will be in the body shop for a while

Old 02-10-2008, 11:27 PM
That sucks man, what happened and how bad? I am curious how the FIT handles in an accident. I have a few near accident stories; one being on the highway that scared the crap out of me.

Old 02-10-2008, 11:35 PM
depending on when, id be down to go. see i happen to be a my boss' house elf so im always working. letme know though haha

Old 02-10-2008, 11:36 PM
5 Year Member
Dude, no need to worry. It all takes time. Theres no need to rush things on your car. I it sucks that you wanted MT and got AT and I really dont know what to tell you but hopefully your future plans work out for you as for doing what you want to do with the engine. I myself bought this car because 1) I wanted a MT car and 2) I wanted a gas saver.

Old 02-10-2008, 11:36 PM
5 Year Member
i got hit by a focus dat was on my ass literally for a whil and then a red light hit so i started to break and down shift and he tried to hit the left lane to avoid hittin me and he lost control hitting my quarter panel spun me hit my driver side and rear driver side well as my car was spinning i counter steered to get control and hit my e-brake as i was spinning after a 360 i got control well straightened out my car and drifted to a inside lane but dat guy spun 3 times and was 20 feet away from me the focus didnt handle as well also the bars in the door panels really helped both my doors open but i need new doors and quarter panel mayb one rim tires and the bumper

Old 02-10-2008, 11:43 PM
5 Year Member
depending on when, id be down to go. see i happen to be a my boss' house elf so im always working. letme know though haha
You live there too

Old 02-10-2008, 11:45 PM
5 Year Member
I guess we all have had something wrong with our Fits. My cousins mom backed into my front bumper 2 weeks ago and at that time the car was only 3 weeks old. Can you believe that. I have to get the front bumper painted...at her expense.

Old 02-10-2008, 11:48 PM
Thats horrible. Crappy drivers....what can you say when you live in Miami with some really aggressive people.

Anyways in response to SickFit; I'm not so disappointed with the AT car but I miss the MT too much. Then again, I just got to take the Mustang out for a spin again and let me tell you it goes. So yea, I am not in any rush and I love the gas mileage on the car. That is why I opted for doing suspension improvements in the short run to improve the handling and fun factor for the car. Even if it is AT, in traffic I can give my friends Mustang a run for his money.

Old 02-10-2008, 11:50 PM
5 Year Member
damn wat a bad one though i have scratched my front bumper well the sport lip part on some parking spots if u dont stop early u'll hit it learned dat the hard way but at least the crash is the other guys fault and i had my headers coming in some time next week so even dat has to wait

Old 02-10-2008, 11:55 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by josenq10
damn wat a bad one though i have scratched my front bumper well the sport lip part on some parking spots if u dont stop early u'll hit it learned dat the hard way but at least the crash is the other guys fault and i had my headers coming in some time next week so even dat has to wait
Darn that sucks dude. Atleast it wasnt your fault. What headers did you opt to get.

Old 02-10-2008, 11:57 PM
Originally Posted by SickFit
You live there too
haha no i dont live there, just meant im her bitch

Old 02-10-2008, 11:59 PM
5 Year Member

Quick Reply: Mia FIT