Gauge Interest in a Fit Product or Group Buy Use this sub-forum to gauge market interest in your Product or Group Buy.
If you decide to sell a Product or proceed with your Group Buy, create your listing in our Non-Fit Vendor Group Buys and Product Sales area.
If you decide to become a forum sponsor with "FIT Vendor" title, please Contact Us for details.

Footwerks Coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 10:22 AM
5 Year Member
Footwerks Coilovers

Alright guys.

I have been talking to a guy in Atlanta who own Footwerks USA, a manufacturer of coilovers. He is definetely up for a group buy.

If we can round up 5 orders, he can do 750.00 for track and 650.00 for street models. the track have 32 way adjustable dampening.

His name is Pat Untachantr. Feel free to shoot him questions on throught the footwerks website.

Footwerks - by the Spirit

he will be creating an account soon to give information on payment and to answer any questions.

1.Nerdsrock22

Last edited by Nerdsrock22; 07-03-2008 at 10:40 AM.
Old 07-03-2008, 10:39 AM
5 Year Member
I should be able to get some more info tonight at a big meet in ATL, so if there are any questions anyone has, shoot me a pm, and maybe we can get this movin.

Last edited by Nerdsrock22; 07-03-2008 at 12:56 PM.
Old 07-04-2008, 08:25 PM
hi,is there any camber adjustment?

Old 07-04-2008, 09:38 PM
i agree about the camber adjustment. some upper adjustable pillow ball mounts would be nice. not sure what the set up is in the rear.

Old 07-04-2008, 09:53 PM
5 Year Member
nvm i was PWN3D by JDM DOHC SiR lol.

Last edited by koolkevin1107; 07-05-2008 at 04:23 AM.
Old 07-05-2008, 03:47 AM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by koolkevin1107
i love how ppl talk about adjustable pilow ball mounts on the top when it is physically impossible.

Ummmm...... No....it`s not impossible.... there are plenty of other manufactures that use the Upper strut mount rubber bushing/bearing... VW ....Audi ect.... and there are companies that "do" make adjustable pilow ball mounts for them that bolt up without any mods what so ever..... Ground Control is one company that comes to mind..SPC & SPAX.. ..... enjoy

Name:  sDSC_1039.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  84.9 KB

Old 07-05-2008, 04:22 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Ummmm...... No....it`s not impossible.... there are plenty of other manufactures that use the Upper strut mount rubber bushing/bearing... VW ....Audi ect.... and there are companies that "do" make adjustable pilow ball mounts for them that bolt up without any mods what so ever..... Ground Control is one company that comes to mind..SPC & SPAX.. ..... enjoy

hmm.... i guess u were right. I have never seen em before so i do apologize for what i said, i will edit my previous post. However, even tho it does look good, i don't think it's as safe as being bolted to the frame, but i could be wrong.

Old 07-11-2008, 08:59 PM
Name:  FootwerksMilano_import.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  4.3 KB

Hey guys and girls,
We're Extra Made Distribution and my name is Pat Untach. We are the main distributor for Footwerks suspension. Nerdsrock lead us here and I'd like to thank him. We don't get on too many forums, but we'd like to change that.

Footwerks has been producing performance suspension for roughly 4 years. Our main market was for the Nissan 240sx, but we'd like to see more Fits with Footwerks.

The quote above for a set of coilovers is a rough estimate for a groupbuy of 5 Fits. I'd like to see if there is an interest for coilovers, then I can give a more accurate quote. For this year, we're offering coilovers with monotube, twin-tube, and inverted piston. This gives more choices and meets more demands for our ever-growing customer base.

To answer the question of having camber plates for the coilovers, I will be looking into it. I'm pretty sure we'll have these developed too.

If this is successful and we become a vendor, I could ask Footwerks to put a banner for FitFreak.net linking back here.
Anyhow, I'll leave it that, 'cause my brain is starting to hurt from this long post.

If you have any questions, PM me. or email at: info@extramadefactory.com. CHECK OUT SOME FOOTWERKS AT Footwerks - by the Spirit.

Last edited by EMF_Distribution; 07-11-2008 at 09:23 PM.
Old 07-15-2008, 05:48 PM
5 Year Member
Whoa!! I might be very interested. I just bought a used set of Tein's that I'd happily offload in favor of these...especially for the higher level of adjustment over the Tein Basic's. Tagged for interested and a firmed up price-tag.

Old 07-15-2008, 07:37 PM
very very interested!

Old 07-16-2008, 02:41 PM
5 Year Member
let get a list going here so we can get Pat a firm count of who will be interested so he can nail down pricing..

Old 07-30-2008, 07:58 PM
Alright, It's been awhile and I've talked my engineer. First off, we're having trouble getting the camber plates made because of OEM warranties. So some may have to source other brands with these coilovers.
Second, we have discontinued the street version monotube coilovers. Replacing these will be a twin tube piston with 24 way dampening with full adjustability. They're a little more expensive,but are good for the street and some track.
Last, we have the inverted monotube coilovers, which are strictly for track only vehicles. We will not be selling to anybody on these and an application or profile will have to be approved before buying these.

If there are any constructive suggestions, let me know, thanks.

Old 07-30-2008, 08:13 PM
sounds like a good deal. if i could reccommend giving a option for spring rates. i think it will allow the end user to better fine tune their ride. i guess the spring rates will be coupled with the shock dyno data. from the softest possible to free filling removal stiff. i would like to say in down for these but unless i get another stimulus check im mainly spectating. good price though. is any one going to be testing the race set up. i would like to see some numbers between the street and the race and possibly some g numbers. im sure someone would like run these. good luck.

Old 07-30-2008, 08:22 PM
5 Year Member
I might have interest and I'm close enough to pick up. Need a Fit for testing?

Old 07-30-2008, 09:03 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by EMF_Distribution
... ...Replacing these will be a twin tube piston with 24 way dampening with full adjustability. They're a little more expensive,but are good for the street and some track. ... ... If there are any constructive suggestions, let me know, thanks.

When you say full adjustability, do you mean seperate ride height and preload adjustments? How will the damping adjustments be setup? Will this be a dual adjustment or single adjustment?

Old 08-29-2008, 10:46 PM
that sounds great.. can you pm the specs on track version??

Old 08-30-2008, 04:44 AM
5 Year Member
**EDIT**

got impatient and bought a set of Skunk2 Pro-c's. Good luck with the GB

Last edited by GD3_Wagoon; 09-11-2008 at 07:23 PM. Reason: i now has the skunk2 pro-c's!!!
Old 08-31-2008, 08:13 PM
5 Year Member
can you be slammed on these? i like the way skunk2's you can tuck tires a lot and want to be able to do that with these if they do come out. let me know, thanks.

Old 09-12-2008, 05:26 PM
Originally Posted by perfor.element
sounds like a good deal. if i could reccommend giving a option for spring rates. i think it will allow the end user to better fine tune their ride. i guess the spring rates will be coupled with the shock dyno data. from the softest possible to free filling removal stiff. i would like to say in down for these but unless i get another stimulus check im mainly spectating. good price though. is any one going to be testing the race set up. i would like to see some numbers between the street and the race and possibly some g numbers. im sure someone would like run these. good luck.
Good news! Yes, if you wanted custom springrates, they come in 4-20 kgs. in an assortment of 150, 180, 200 mm. Let me know first though. All springrates and more info are on the Footwerks - by the Spirit site.

When I say full adjustability, I mean height adjustment as well as tightening of the springs also. Dampening will adjusted with a key at the top as with all monotube pistons. Inverted piston will be at the bottome.

Sorry Chaaree, we didn't make it in time. Have fun with those Skunk2's.

If you want slammed, I had my 240 to the ground with room to go. Exhaust was scraping and I was too scared to leave my driveway,lol.

There's a little more info at Footwerks - by the Spirit.

Old 09-13-2008, 05:13 PM
5 Year Member
I'm ready to go on these...anybody else?

Quick Reply: Footwerks Coilovers