Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Gauge Interest in a Fit Product or Group Buy (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/gauge-interest-fit-product-group-buy/)
-   -   Vote on Pufferfit final design (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/gauge-interest-fit-product-group-buy/33293-vote-pufferfit-final-design.html)

FitCanada_Girl 10-23-2008 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by shuppie (Post 468238)
I'm thinking like this one from FitDragon's car:
http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/l.../krahnfit2.jpg

I'm not trying to hijack this project at all, this is just what I pictured when an "outline" version was discussed. This also makes it a color neutral design, if you will, in that it will work on any color paint or on the windows. It would be one color (black, white, silver, etc.) with see-thru areas.

Or not.:D

This is what I understood "outline" to mean. In other words, you get a decal with solid lines only and all the rest is blank/open space (no background). So you can put it against ANY color and it will look great...just have to sort out line color.:)

FitCanada_Girl 10-23-2008 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by FITDragon (Post 468341)
Mine's a vinyl outline, done up in Illustrator. It turned out nice, the only thing to be careful of is drying the car after a wash... the towel catches on the vinyl.

I like the colored design myself, would be a good contrast to my dragon sticker. :) It's too bad about removing the "H" logo, though. It really gave the Pufferfit that last Honda touch, differentiating it from a pufferfish. People "in the know" will still get it, though. ;)

Yeah, I really like "my" :D design #3 with the H nose but it's much more practical (and cautious) to go without. I thought the same "well, WE all know what it means". Still a very attractive decal without the logo....

FitCanada_Girl 10-23-2008 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by KatzeChicX (Post 468230)
Just a thought, but how about a window-cling instead of a sticker? I like the idea, but I'm afraid of putting stickers on my new car.

I think this is a GREAT idea! With winter around the corner up here in Canada (um, 5+ months of brutal cold/blizzards in my area), it would be better for me if I can remove the decal then put it back on later on.

Hmm...never even considered this so maybe it's something that can be inquired about by our friendly neighbourhood designer???:wavey:

I think most people apply these to their windows anyways, so no damage to the paint! However, I am planning on Pufferfitting my gas door after I had gas stolen out of my car last week.... probably just end up getting my sticker stolen! Well, it would be symbolic and all...

FiveFreshFish 10-23-2008 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by FitCanada_Girl (Post 468787)
I think this is a GREAT idea! With winter around the corner up here in Canada (um, 5+ months of brutal cold/blizzards in my area), it would be better for me if I can remove the decal then put it back on later on.

What about a window sticker applied inside? No wear and tear from the elements, ice scrapers, snow brushes and squeegees.

BTW, I voted for #1.

FitCanada_Girl 10-23-2008 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by FiveFreshFish (Post 469204)
What about a window sticker applied inside? No wear and tear from the elements, ice scrapers, snow brushes and squeegees.

BTW, I voted for #1.

That would be ideal but with my 35% tint front and 15% back, you wouldn't be able to see the sticker! Besides, I don't want to chance sticking something directly onto the tint. No, it has to be a decal that is applied on the outside windows so it must be resistant to the elements. Not sure if ANYTHING can withstand one of our Sudbury winters!

CrystalFiveMT 10-24-2008 01:13 AM

Originally Posted by KatzeChicX (Post 468230)
Just a thought, but how about a window-cling instead of a sticker? I like the idea, but I'm afraid of putting stickers on my new car.

Interesting idea, except those with dark tints will have difficulty seeing the static cling art from outside. It will surely cost more, but hey, if the consensus ends up requesting a static cling sticker, then I'll just do that. Cost will be higher.

yellowjeep2850 10-24-2008 02:49 AM

i also have dark tint so my vote would be white vinyl outline version , or better yet blue sensation , really though white would still work fine :cool: your efforts are appreciated thanx

CrystalFiveMT 10-24-2008 03:29 AM

Originally Posted by yellowjeep2850 (Post 470020)
i also have dark tint so my vote would be white vinyl outline version , or better yet blue sensation , really though white would still work fine :cool: your efforts are appreciated thanx

Noted. Thank you.

FitCanada_Girl 10-24-2008 08:45 AM

Here's what an outline only version would look like. Keep in mind, depending upon demand, ANY color is possible:

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a38...dpufferfit.jpg

FitCanada_Girl 10-24-2008 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by yellowjeep2850 (Post 470020)

I second the vote for a blue outline-only! What??? It would look nice against my orange revolution and keep with my overall orange/blue/chrome look....:) Just noticed that the lettering on my license plates is actually a "blue sensation" type of blue! Looks like the outline in blue was meant to be...

CrystalFiveMT 10-24-2008 12:26 PM

What about for Crystal Black? Red would pop, so would bright process yellow!!

FitCanada_Girl 10-27-2008 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by CrystalFiveMT (Post 467631)
Now, now, FitCanda Girl, let's not try and sway the voters, hehe. We'll have to have a recount!

BTW, if you guys like my work, how bout spreading the love and upping my reps? Just kidding. Kinda.

My thanks to FitCanada Girl for posting these and starting the poll.

I am on vacation starting tomorrow, so worst case is I come up with final design tweaks a week from now. Sorry, but need to get out of L.A. pronto or else I'll end up resembling that pufferfit. :)

Ok so CrystalFiveMT is off on holidays until tomorrow night so I'm trying to up my rep as much as possible. "Friendly" competition and all. :cool:

Anyone else who likes the "Pufferfit" idea, +Rep is a nice way to express your appreciation! Yes, shameless but he DID start it. :wavey:

Fit4Pits 10-29-2008 11:22 AM

Oh! Yellow fo sho! My car is purple, how awesome would that look?!?

To confirm, this is going to have a clear background correct? Like FitDragon's dargon?

CrystalFiveMT 10-29-2008 12:59 PM

Yellow would be sweet on your Blackberry.

Since most freaks here seem to want the clear static sticker, I'm modifying the art for that and I'll be doing multiple color choices. Downside is it will cost more. I'll be calling around for quotes and get back to ya. (saying it with Palin accent)

FitCanada_Girl 10-29-2008 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by CrystalFiveMT (Post 475859)
Yellow would be sweet on your Blackberry.

Since most freaks here seem to want the clear static sticker, I'm modifying the art for that and I'll be doing multiple color choices. Downside is it will cost more. I'll be calling around for quotes and get back to ya. (saying it with Palin accent)

Oh oh...politics. You're going down evil man! :p Just to let others know, he was "joking" that if I install my new blue dot Fit emblem now (-2 Celcius here today) it will probably fall off day after Christmas. Oh then he "complained" about how he's wearing shorts and sunscreen (um, I'm sporting a scarf and mitts). Evil man.... (joking, of course)....

I THINK what many forum members want is an outline only sticker, not necessarily a "static" outline only sticker. For those who are interested in the Pufferfit, options are a sticker (sticker) OR a static sticker (that you can easily remove and stick anywhere). The latter option hasn't been priced out yet but will undoubtedly be more costly than a straight sticker (that you put on and it stays on in that one spot)...

CrystalFiveMT 10-29-2008 05:06 PM

But I like scarves and mitts! Then all I need is a top hat, carrot nose and some charcoal buttons on my shirt.

FitCanada_Girl 10-29-2008 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by CrystalFiveMT (Post 476115)
But I like scarves and mitts! Then all I need is a top hat, carrot nose and some charcoal buttons on my shirt.

:rolleyes: Then you'd be a snowman melting in the 80 degree LA heat. Didn't you watch "Frosty the Snowman" as a kid? Total lack of logic here, TOTAL... :wavey:

CrystalFiveMT 10-29-2008 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by FitCanada_Girl (Post 476134)
:rolleyes: Then you'd be a snowman melting in the 80 degree LA heat. Didn't you watch "Frosty the Snowman" as a kid? Total lack of logic here, TOTAL... :wavey:

Why else did I suggest we trade locations? I'm melting here! I'm melting here!

FitCanada_Girl 10-29-2008 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by CrystalFiveMT (Post 476152)
Why else did I suggest we trade locations? I'm melting here! I'm melting here!

Yeah, I'll try to remember to feel sorry for you when I'm freezing my patooty off up here! Global warming...bah.

CrystalFiveMT 10-29-2008 05:50 PM

Isn't that why you got that remote start? Have you used it yet?

If you or anyone for that matter sees that all that's left of me is a puddle of water with coal, winter wear and vegetable parts floating around, you'll definitely feels sorry for me.