Gauge Interest in a Fit Product or Group Buy Use this sub-forum to gauge market interest in your Product or Group Buy.
If you decide to sell a Product or proceed with your Group Buy, create your listing in our Non-Fit Vendor Group Buys and Product Sales area.
If you decide to become a forum sponsor with "FIT Vendor" title, please Contact Us for details.
View Poll Results: Which Pufferfit design do you prefer? (see below for pics)
Design #1
66.10%
Design #2
1.69%
Design #3
27.12%
Design #4
5.08%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Vote on Pufferfit final design

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 08:50 AM
Vote on Pufferfit final design

[NOTE: DUE TO CONCERNS OVER COPYRIGHT ISSUES, THE "H" LOGO HAS BEEN REMOVED FROM THE DESIGN. IF THIS IMPACTS YOUR LEVEL OF INTEREST, PLEASE LET US KNOW]

[NOTE #2: THE ACTUAL COLOR CAN BE CHANGED ACCORDING TO YOUR REQUESTS. EVEN A COLOR-LESS (i.e. OUTLINE) VERSION CAN BE PRODUCED. TWO SIZES WILL BE OFFERED, LIKELY A 1" AND A 4-5" SIZE, OR WHATEVER THE GENERAL DEMAND IS FOR. IT'S ALL UP TO YOU, DEPENDING UPON DEMAND]

#1. The original design.

#4. This was our last attempt yesterday.

Basically what has changed the most is the position of the mouth. I'm not sure which one I like best so thought I should get your input

Design #1 (this WILL have grey tires as per the others):

Design #2:
NOW ELIMINATED AS AN OPTION....

Design #3:

Design #4:

Last edited by FitCanada_Girl; 10-24-2008 at 02:36 PM.
Old 10-22-2008, 01:02 PM
5 Year Member
#1 is the original, yes? It looks most like the commercial.
I recognize the issue of the Honda emblem looking like it's being eaten and for this reason I also like #3, with the placement more similar to a nose. However, I think it should resemble the placement on the actual vehicle.

#4 is um... how to say, horrendous? Looks like a beak.

Edit: Oh, and nice mockups Crystal5. Thanks for your work.

Old 10-22-2008, 01:11 PM
Originally Posted by Fit4Pits
#1 is the original, yes? It looks most like the commercial.
I recognize the issue of the Honda emblem looking like it's being eaten and for this reason I also like #3, with the placement more similar to a nose. However, I think it should resemble the placement on the actual vehicle.

#4 is um... how to say, horrendous? Looks like a beak.

Edit: Oh, and nice mockups Crystal5. Thanks for your work.

Yup, #1 is CrystalFiveMT's very first draft. You can see that he added more shading in the spikes in the other designs. If #1 wins , it would also get that shading effect. Personally (not to influence anyone), I think it looks like a little spiky bird eating a Honda logo. For that reason, I prefer that segment either to looks more like a hood (making it orange as per image #4) with the H or that the H be moved up as a "nose" (as per image #3 - my personal preference ). Can't get over the birdy eating an H! Likely just me as most people are showing a preference for that design.

Well, I take full "credit" for #4 since I had to convince CrystalFiveMT to do it in the first place. He too had the um, "HORRENDOUS" sentiment. I just thought the segment would look more like a hood and the H on it would be nice. Guess not!

Old 10-22-2008, 01:29 PM
5 Year Member
Now, now, FitCanda Girl, let's not try and sway the voters, hehe. We'll have to have a recount!

BTW, if you guys like my work, how bout spreading the love and upping my reps? Just kidding. Kinda.

My thanks to FitCanada Girl for posting these and starting the poll.

I am on vacation starting tomorrow, so worst case is I come up with final design tweaks a week from now. Sorry, but need to get out of L.A. pronto or else I'll end up resembling that pufferfit.

Old 10-22-2008, 01:31 PM
Originally Posted by CrystalFiveMT
Now, now, FitCanda Girl, let's not try and sway the voters, hehe. We'll have to have a recount!

BTW, if you guys like my work, how bout spreading the love and upping my reps? Just kidding. Kinda.

My thanks to FitCanada Girl for posting these and starting the poll.

I am on vacation starting tomorrow, so worst case is I come up with final design tweaks a week from now. Sorry, but need to get out of L.A. pronto or else I'll end up resembling that pufferfit.
Oh you're shameless! Look at you working the rep points. If anyone doesn't know, little "friendly" rivalry going on between us for meaninless rep points.

Last edited by FitCanada_Girl; 10-22-2008 at 04:24 PM.
Old 10-22-2008, 02:02 PM
5 Year Member
It's not meaningless to me anymore...this time...it's personal.

Hehe, JK.

Old 10-22-2008, 02:04 PM
It's not meaningless to me anymore...this time...it's personal.

Hehe, JK.
How many days will you be away from this forum again? 6 days is it??? Be afraid, be very afraid....

Old 10-22-2008, 02:13 PM
5 Year Member
AWw..this is so cute! I would totally put one of these on my car..but I kinda went sticker crazy already..so yea Cute idea! :]

Old 10-22-2008, 02:17 PM
Originally Posted by Ms. Sheila :]
AWw..this is so cute! I would totally put one of these on my car..but I kinda went sticker crazy already..so yea Cute idea! :]
Imagine it on the gas door! I would so do it. I had gas siphoned out of my little tiny subcompact car (I mean my '09 Fit of course) last week, forcing me to spend cash on a locking gas cap. I am SO "Pufferfitting" my gas door! Bring it on you criminals, bring it on....

Old 10-22-2008, 02:30 PM
5 Year Member
I'll be back next Tues eve.

Old 10-22-2008, 02:31 PM
5 Year Member
Oh, and folks, we ask for some patience as I have yet to establish a printer source and pay method options.

Old 10-22-2008, 06:28 PM
My vote is for #1. Now we need to see the "outline" version. As much as I thought the orange was going to be cool, I don't feel like it captures the true color of the OR which is much more a copper color.

Good call on dropping the H logo. It should remove any possible legal obstacle now since the image is just "inspired by" their commerical at this point.

As far as printing goes, has anyone explored cafepress.com as an option?

Thanks for all your hard work CrystalFiveMT. You really captured the spirit of the image from the commercial quite well.

Old 10-22-2008, 06:31 PM
Originally Posted by shuppie
My vote is for #1. Now we need to see the "outline" version. As much as I thought the orange was going to be cool, I don't feel like it captures the true color of the OR which is much more a copper color.

Good call on dropping the H logo. It should remove any possible legal obstacle now since the image is just "inspired by" their commerical at this point.

As far as printing goes, has anyone explored cafepress.com as an option?

Thanks for all your hard work CrystalFiveMT. You really captured the spirit of the image from the commercial quite well.
ok, ok. Looks like #1 is going to be the winner BUT this is still open for 1 week since our designer is off on holidays. The outline and any other requests will have to wait until next Wednesday, when CrystalFiveMT is back.

Last edited by FitCanada_Girl; 10-24-2008 at 02:37 PM.
Old 10-22-2008, 06:48 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks, Shuppie for your compliment.

So we're all on the same clear page, by "outline" we mean, take the orange ones I did and take all colors out. So essentially it will be a white character and the black outline remains.

Is there any interest in an outline version, but colored outline? So if a Milano Red owner wants an outline pufferfit, I can do a similar milano red outline version. (white character)

Old 10-22-2008, 06:49 PM
5 Year Member
Oh, and be assured that though I'm on vacation until next Wednesday, things are moving along. I got a quote from a printer and now we have to hammer out payment methods.

I will look at cafepress.com too...

Old 10-22-2008, 08:51 PM
Just a thought, but how about a window-cling instead of a sticker? I like the idea, but I'm afraid of putting stickers on my new car.

Old 10-22-2008, 08:59 PM
So we're all on the same clear page, by "outline" we mean, take the orange ones I did and take all colors out. So essentially it will be a white character and the black outline remains.
I'm thinking like this one from FitDragon's car:
Name:  krahnfit2.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  22.4 KB

I'm not trying to hijack this project at all, this is just what I pictured when an "outline" version was discussed. This also makes it a color neutral design, if you will, in that it will work on any color paint or on the windows. It would be one color (black, white, silver, etc.) with see-thru areas.

Or not.

Old 10-22-2008, 09:29 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by shuppie
I'm thinking like this one from FitDragon's car:

I'm not trying to hijack this project at all, this is just what I pictured when an "outline" version was discussed. This also makes it a color neutral design, if you will, in that it will work on any color paint or on the windows. It would be one color (black, white, silver, etc.) with see-thru areas.

Or not.
Interesting, and I nice look! I'll ask the printer about this style. Again, I'll be out of town until next Wed. so forgive me for not getting back to you all for the next several days.

Old 10-22-2008, 09:55 PM
Mine's a vinyl outline, done up in Illustrator. It turned out nice, the only thing to be careful of is drying the car after a wash... the towel catches on the vinyl.

I like the colored design myself, would be a good contrast to my dragon sticker. It's too bad about removing the "H" logo, though. It really gave the Pufferfit that last Honda touch, differentiating it from a pufferfish. People "in the know" will still get it, though.

Old 10-22-2008, 10:08 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FITDragon
Mine's a vinyl outline, done up in Illustrator. It turned out nice, the only thing to be careful of is drying the car after a wash... the towel catches on the vinyl.

I like the colored design myself, would be a good contrast to my dragon sticker. It's too bad about removing the "H" logo, though. It really gave the Pufferfit that last Honda touch, differentiating it from a pufferfish. People "in the know" will still get it, though.
Yes, but I can put say one of those Fuelivore mosquitoes in its mouth instead. That may be interesting and it ties in with the commercials. Then again, I would have to modify the Fuelivores a little as to not step on Honda's foot.

Quick Reply: Vote on Pufferfit final design