Gauge Interest in a Fit Product or Group Buy Use this sub-forum to gauge market interest in your Product or Group Buy.
If you decide to sell a Product or proceed with your Group Buy, create your listing in our Non-Fit Vendor Group Buys and Product Sales area.
If you decide to become a forum sponsor with "FIT Vendor" title, please Contact Us for details.

Rally Armor mud flaps for GD and GE

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 07:46 PM
Rally Armor mud flaps for GD and GE

hey guys i was trolling through the gd section and found a need for some sweet mudflaps, then i thought to my self the ones on my GE suck pretty bad! I gave Rally armor a call and they said we could do a group buy! so the link for the website is below and pricing will vary by how many we have. so let me know people and we can get it going hopefully by monday.

Rally Armor Rally Products, Rally Mud Flaps, Skid Plates and more.

Universal Mud Flaps

now the basic ones arent in there but the urethane flaps are much more durable, snow, salt, whatever you wanna throw at these ples protecting your love search the web for these and you will see all the sube guys and the evo guys rock these! shoot me a pm if your interested!

100 per set- 10 buyers-10%
20 buyers - not to sure yet will post up now

Old 01-20-2011, 09:53 PM
damn zero hits peope were all over this in the gd section

Old 01-20-2011, 10:03 PM
5 Year Member
On a car as small as the Fit, they will need to be trimmed quite a bit. Great product though!

Old 01-21-2011, 09:07 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by hayden
On a car as small as the Fit, they will need to be trimmed quite a bit. Great product though!
Think they said if we had buyers they would create sets for the honda fit. So I think they will be doing the trimming.

If we can get 20 people and get them for like 80 or less im in.

Old 01-21-2011, 11:37 AM
5 Year Member
I'm in! Sign me up

Old 01-21-2011, 01:34 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Ciggy
Think they said if we had buyers they would create sets for the honda fit. So I think they will be doing the trimming.

If we can get 20 people and get them for like 80 or less im in.
I'd be very surprised. I tried to get them to make special SX4 flaps, an actual 4wd rally inspired car, for years, with no results. I'm pretty sure they mean for a GB price.

Old 01-25-2011, 10:24 AM
5 Year Member
Smile I'm in for Urethane flaps

Add me to the list. I want some mudflaps.

Old 01-25-2011, 04:08 PM
Please add me to the list.

Old 01-25-2011, 07:39 PM
5 Year Member
they're supposed to stick out the sides several inches to help block all the crap from getting on the sides of your car...

Old 01-25-2011, 07:53 PM
hex
ugh. i'm planning to get a fit in the next 2 years or so. i've been looking into rally armor mud flaps cause they look really good on the new wrx hatchbacks.

Old 01-26-2011, 09:55 PM
1. angryfit
2.tauwolf
3.remedi
4.wysiwyg

list is kind of short i will go through my pms and see if i can find some more guys

Old 01-27-2011, 09:33 AM
5 Year Member
I think id be in for these.

Old 01-27-2011, 11:29 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by apexanimal
they're supposed to stick out the sides several inches to help block all the crap from getting on the sides of your car...
Yeah, but not more than an inch or so. Here are some universals on an SX4, which has a lot more ground clearance, but is the same wheelbase as the Fit. Also, their real intention is not so much to protect the car, as it is bystanders watching an event.

Now trimmed:

and proper fitment:

Getting them to look straight is a headache for everyone who installs universals. Not saying don't do it, as they are very nice mudflaps, and will last, but look at what your end result might be like - which doesn't give the Subaru look at all with a tall, small car. I suppose mounting them up into the fender a little but more is possible on the fit, but still none of this makes sense. They are mainly good for competition events with bystanders for the rear of the car, so it doesn't kick gravel in people's faces. Watch time trials, and they will take them all off to reduce drag. This is also, all because the rear wheels are doing something.

Now, ones designed specifically for the Fit might be alright looking, but still - don't really get it. Are you all rallying? Seriously - I'm asking. Aren't there regular mud flaps available for the car from Honda? Those should work fine for keeping stuff off the side of the car, and would be much easier to install with satisfactory results.

PS - Be sure you don't back up over them and rip the rear end off like a lot of people who leave them too long. If a rock, or something is in the way, it will push the flap towards the tire, and hold it there against the rock, and away from the ground. Hope that makes sense.

Old 01-27-2011, 11:32 AM
Has anybody ever put these on a Fit before? I'd like to see them, as I've considered them many times before.

Old 01-27-2011, 12:49 PM
5 Year Member
I have to say, if these arent installed correctly and the fitment isnt correct they will look terrible like in that first picture. Makes me second guess how worth it these actually are

Old 01-27-2011, 01:07 PM
well once i get the ten people they might make a set for us, otherwise yeah might look a bit ridiculous, ill do some more research on it, it would be definetly a different look

Old 01-27-2011, 01:22 PM
5 Year Member
If they are trimmed on the inside, and you can get 'em mounted up in the fender, then they might look okay. Not sure there is much to bolt them onto an inner mounting point with the rear of the GE not having any fender liner, but I don't remember without looking what the configuration is.

Overall, you can get some universal mudflaps at an auto parts store, or some ikea chopping boards and make your own for less, with pretty much the same overall effect and material, but without the logo. If they make some that are pre-fitted, then at least you would know what you are buying, as they would have product shots and whatnot. Just saying, I didn't have any luck with this, and I hounded them, as well as others for the suzuki. The Fit is a larger market, but also, less into this kinda thing. Best of luck though for those who want these.

Old 02-09-2011, 08:10 AM
Interested if specifically made for a GD.

Old 02-23-2011, 09:03 PM
5 Year Member
Just ordered a set of the RA Urethane universals for my GE8 today. Should be in by next week. I have no idea when i'm going to install them tho, as i'm about to place an order for coilovers thus affecting the mounting height of the flaps themselves

Supposed to be a damn good product tho!

Old 06-12-2011, 06:37 PM
5 Year Member
So did this kinda just die?

Quick Reply: Rally Armor mud flaps for GD and GE