Gauge Interest in a Fit Product or Group Buy Use this sub-forum to gauge market interest in your Product or Group Buy.
If you decide to sell a Product or proceed with your Group Buy, create your listing in our Non-Fit Vendor Group Buys and Product Sales area.
If you decide to become a forum sponsor with "FIT Vendor" title, please Contact Us for details.

Gauging Interest: GE high flow cat/cat-less & b-pipe systems

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 11:59 PM
Originally Posted by vinnymac
DSM, nice ta see another killa dark color'd FiT...wit'a tow hook >>>>
Looks nowhere near as mean as your GD does in that night shot!

Reminds me of a bull for some reason! The lights, nose hook and stance look wild!

Old 04-21-2011, 03:08 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ThEvil0nE
yes, cat-del will come with it.

as for the vac hose, I just went with regular silicone vac. It shouldn't cause much concerns as no constant flow of oil is present.
Sweet thanks for the info, I thought so but i wasn't sure. I know i would def need an oil resistant hose is i ever do a can for the pcv.

I am really excited about these exhaust bits, i hope they come through into reality

Just a thought, if they are going to consider making cat delete downpipes, the should make some turbo flanges for people that wanna go nuts with it! Shouldnt be too hard to hack off the rest of the downpipe and weld a flange for a common turbo...just a thought

Old 04-21-2011, 03:24 PM
as I stated, this will all be direct bolt-on. hoping to have some pics up by next week.

@Java: nothing is impossible

Old 04-22-2011, 11:38 PM
5 Year Member
That would be amazing, I can't wait to see what they come up with!

I put a link for this on my sig, hope u dont mind

Old 04-23-2011, 04:40 AM
we were hoping to get things started but I failed to pick-up the ss pipes from the manufacturer. wasn't aware that they closed early (3pm Friday ) for the Holy Week observance. So I guess I'll pick them up Monday.

the GI thread on your siggy works for me... thanks

Old 04-23-2011, 04:01 PM
I hate sounding retarded, but I know very little about this stuff (although I've been learning fast). What gains and benefits will you get from these mods? When the cast of characters that are interested include DSM, Evil, Java, etc, I take it I need to be paying attention.

Old 04-23-2011, 06:51 PM
5 Year Member
i might be interested in something like this........pics will sway me. lol

Old 04-25-2011, 04:01 PM
a slight delay

hate to say this but between the crosstour going back into Honda for more "mechanical fix"... my out of town trip in a week and the delay of resonator coming in... I guess it's going to be 1-2 weeks until I get some pics up of the exhaust system/s.

again sorry again for this slight delay

Old 04-25-2011, 04:02 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ThEvil0nE
hate to say this but between the crosstour going back into Honda for more "mechanical fix"... my out of town trip in a week and the delay of resonator coming in... I guess it's going to be 1-2 weeks until I get some pics up of the exhaust system/s.

again sorry again for this slight delay
No worries dude, just the fact that this is a possibility is fantastic enough!

Old 04-25-2011, 04:10 PM
the cat-delete, high flow cat and straight piping would have been done already if I had known that the local manufacturer of the ss pipes closed early last Friday in observance of the Holy week... totally was my fault and now I got caught with the my calendar... ugh!

Old 04-25-2011, 10:21 PM
5 Year Member
Shi* happens. Don't sweat the small stuff. We can wait until it comes in and I'm sure the parts will be worth the wait. I commend you for taking the initiative on this.

Quite honestly I'm fed up with the lack of manufacturer support on the GE8 and my hat's off to you for making this happen. I'm not begging these companies to take my money. Maybe this will send a message ... we have the means and will source the parts ... with manufacturer support or without. Someone is always willing to accept our $$s.

Last edited by XJP5; 04-25-2011 at 10:56 PM.
Old 04-27-2011, 02:03 AM
Originally Posted by Tauwolf
I hate sounding retarded, but I know very little about this stuff (although I've been learning fast). What gains and benefits will you get from these mods? When the cast of characters that are interested include DSM, Evil, Java, etc, I take it I need to be paying attention.
There are a couple reasons I am on board with this. I like supporting folks who are willing to go out of their way to support or to give back to the community.

TEO also happens to have a knack for keeping it classy and clean, since he shows and stows his car. He also seems like a real straightforward and intellectually curious DIY kinda guy which we need more of!

A well designed exhaust should not only fit well, look good and sound nice, but it should also give you a bump in performance.

Both exhaust I will be talking to him and the shop about are for turbocharged vehicles, my Laser and GD. And I already know what I want in terms of size, flange and material.

I am hoping they can help me with a full turbo back exhaust on the GD.

So far I am thinking about a wastegate dump built into a custom TD05H-flanged downpipe and a 3" cut out where it would normally mate up to the b-pipe. Then from where the b-pipe would normall start it would continue on to a resonated and lightly muffled pipe all the way out the back.

For the GE Group Buy however it sounds like he is talking about working on the sections from the cat-pipe back to the rear of the car:

It will ultimately depend on what the rest of your setup consists of. The best exhaust design for a Turbo is not necessarily the best for NA. On a turbo exhaust, aside from the actual manifold design, bigger is always better on the outlet side of the turbine.

On an NA obviously the header/manifold design is the most important bit, and this needs to be tailored to whatever your goals are. Well unfortunately Honda has already decided to make that decision for you:

So they have already decided the primary runner size and length, and the way they merge. Nothing we can do about that unfortunately.

All that really leaves then is how you design the collector, the one on the right is the stock GE unit, the one on the left with the turbo attached is for an R18 (thanks to Lyon for the pic):

For comparison here is a high-flow after market collector/downpipe that has deleted the cat:

So here you have to pick the transition rate and the final diameter. The goal for a primarily street driven car is to find something that keeps an acceptable amount of torque down low while still allowing for more flow up top.

Last edited by DiamondStarMonsters; 04-27-2011 at 02:05 AM.
Old 04-27-2011, 09:10 AM
5 Year Member
Very nice reply DSM, i couldnt have explained that any better myself! I love that you always have associated pics to accompany, if only more posts could be like that

Old 04-27-2011, 09:44 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters
So here you have to pick the transition rate and the final diameter. The goal for a primarily street driven car is to find something that keeps an acceptable amount of torque down low while still allowing for more flow up top.
My initial thought for a NA setup was for a final size somewhere near a 2" diameter. Going much larger NA would probably lose low-end torque, something we can't really spare as it is.

What would you recommend for someone looking to run an intake, and exhaust from cylinder head through to the tailpipe, for a naturally-aspirated configuration, on a 2011 GE series? You can PM me DSM if you prefer not to clog the thread. Thanks.

Last edited by XJP5; 04-27-2011 at 10:12 AM.
Old 04-27-2011, 11:13 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by XJP5
My initial thought for a NA setup was for a final size somewhere near a 2" diameter. Going much larger NA would probably lose low-end torque, something we can't really spare as it is.

What would you recommend for someone looking to run an intake, and exhaust from cylinder head through to the tailpipe, for a naturally-aspirated configuration, on a 2011 GE series? You can PM me DSM if

you prefer not to clog the thread. Thanks.
Ditto on this. Another question though, will the ecu negate any increase that we get from these bolt-ons?

Old 04-27-2011, 11:58 AM
Originally Posted by j1nNju1c3
Ditto on this. Another question though, will the ecu negate any increase that we get from these bolt-ons?
between the discussions of the fit ecu dialing down to save gas and the b-spec fit that runs on cat-delete without ecu tuning is really intriguing. remember that b-spec rules suggests that ecu must be stock and untouched.

no promises on hp gains on the planned exhaust but the fabricator and folks who will be putting together the exhaust parts knows what he's doin, you can check his work on the website on my signature.

pipe diameter is crucial...

Old 04-27-2011, 01:32 PM
always awesome to see DSM chime in on the technicalities

the fit was up on the lift while we brainstormed on what is what and which is which. considerations are given into the fact that most that will run higher flowing exhaust also run aftermarket/high flow intakes.

we're almost there...

Old 04-27-2011, 03:27 PM
im interested in the cat-del and bpipe with resonator. whats the eta and estimated price on these?

Old 04-29-2011, 12:18 AM
5 Year Member
small warning, getting a pipe past the twist beam is a real pain in the ass if you are lowered, especially when you start getting into the larger pipe diameters. Nothing worse than getting everything in place on the lift and having the twist beam hit your pipe on every bump. It's looking like I'm just going to be dumping my exhaust out the side prior to the twist beam to save myself the headache. Either that or a cut out is still an option.

Old 04-29-2011, 01:30 AM
^^ that is true and is true on the aftermarket mid-pipe that's already been offered out there wherein users are experiencing scraping when lowered to a certain point. the issue has been discussed and will be discussed again when the fit is on the lift again for fitting.

as for updates... pipes and resonators are in and for more info on the fabricator himself... you can visit his site to view some of his creations CMRACINGONLINE and don't hesitate to contact/drop a message if you need services

pipe exceeds ASTM A270 S2 and A3 specs. they are polished inside out

and here's the resonator

thanks

Last edited by ThEvil0nE; 04-29-2011 at 01:38 AM.

Quick Reply: Gauging Interest: GE high flow cat/cat-less & b-pipe systems