Gauge Interest in a Fit Product or Group Buy Use this sub-forum to gauge market interest in your Product or Group Buy.
If you decide to sell a Product or proceed with your Group Buy, create your listing in our Non-Fit Vendor Group Buys and Product Sales area.
If you decide to become a forum sponsor with "FIT Vendor" title, please Contact Us for details.
View Poll Results: Would you want custom color seatbelts that meet US federal safety standards?
Suhweet, I want custom Seatbelts!
33.33%
I think Stock Rocks!
0%
>yawn< Who cares...
6.67%
Maybe, lets see pricing. I'm not about the Benjamins - more like Hamiltons.
73.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

guaging interest - Custom Seat Belts!

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 06:16 AM
Talking guaging interest - Custom Seat Belts!

New Fit owner, New to FitFreak...
Guaging interest in possible group buy for Custom Seat Belts. SeatbeltPlanet can re-web our factory seatbelts with custom webbing using the factory retractors, buckles, hardware, etc. or possibly make us a direct bolt in if there is sufficient interest. Their cobalt blue appears to be a match for the Fit's VBP, the orange web looks good against the ORM/BOM, our Milano looks good with their Flame Red, their Silver looks sweet with the SSM/ASM of course they also do White for all you TW's. 29 colors to choose from if you want something really custom. I got a sample pack of webbing the same day my camera croaked...will work towards being able to upload pics showing their webbing against the factory paint... look for me hanging out in the local dealer's lot taking pics of the paint & web together, LOL. The rep I spoke with said that he can get us a group buy price, and that we don't have to all use the same color webbing. It sounded like they would maybe set us up a coupon code for FitFreaks, the more interest I can document, the better the coupon.

Old 05-01-2011, 08:37 AM
i may be interested depending on price

Old 05-01-2011, 01:47 PM
5 Year Member
pics are a must!

Old 05-02-2011, 06:54 AM
Sample Pic

These are pics from their website of a 2009 Scion they swapped from factory black webbing to Flame Red. I've seen this vehicle in person several times (the owner works where I work) and it's a quality job. Best part is, since SeatbeltPlanet is in the business of manufacturing seatbelts, it's all up to fedral vehicle safety standards... not like having this kind of work done by some unqualified person who mostly sews interiors or curtains! There's serious liability in modding safety equipment (airbag deletes, JDM style bumpers that aren't up to US spec, etc.) but Seatbelt Planet is someone I'd trust to do this kind of work...does your upholstery shop have a test lab or even one mechanical engineer on staff? Plus, imagine being the only person at your next import rally that has custom belts, eh?

Old 05-02-2011, 03:09 PM
pm a price im intersted im also looking for a custom orange seat belt for my E92 M3.

Old 05-02-2011, 05:46 PM
im interested in a price too. so do we have to remove our old seatbelt and tensioner units and send them in?

Old 05-08-2011, 09:14 AM
Sorry I've not done anything with this post, yall. I'm working with my contact at SeatbeltPlanet to try to nail something down on price.
Yes, you would most likely need to unbolt your stock seatbelt retractors & buckle sides and send them in to be re-webbed; however, I'm going to R&D to see if they can come up with a bolt in solution.
Yesterday would have been a prime day for getting some good shots of web + paint, but I had to spend all day focused on an unexpected plumbing project at the house. Fortunately, SeatbeltPlanet is Way more reliable than I am, LOL.