Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Gauge Interest in a Fit Product or Group Buy (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/gauge-interest-fit-product-group-buy/)
-   -   GI: JDP Super-Fantastic Custom Fit SUBWOOFER ENCLOSURE for GE8! (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/gauge-interest-fit-product-group-buy/71242-gi-jdp-super-fantastic-custom-fit-subwoofer-enclosure-ge8.html)

howiedoit 04-07-2012 06:57 PM

GI: JDP Super-Fantastic Custom Fit SUBWOOFER ENCLOSURE for GE8!

1 Attachment(s)
What's up guys!

We all know how awesomely practical our cars are. To add some THUMP but to keep the practicality, JDP has been working on a super-custom-fit subwoofer enclosure for our Fits!

Here are some key features:
***Custom fit: Developed specifically for GE8! No drilling holes because the enclosure is being developed to use existing holes for mounting!
***Space savings: The box will be tucked to the side and will utilize some unused volume on the passenger side of the trunk.
***No loss of function: JDP carefully designed this enclosure so you can still recline your rear seat back. You will also still be able to use the trunk cover if you have one.
***For 10" Subwoofer: This enclosure will be for a 10" sub with mounting depth of less than 5".
***Enclosure is ready for sub: High quality speaker connectors will be integrated to the enclosure, so throw in a sub and you're ready to rock!
***Excellent JDP Quality: Same excellent quality and finish as you've come to know with JDP.

Pricing TBD

If there's enough interest, this enclosure will go into production...so post up if you're interested or if you have any questions!

This picture is not of the completed product...it's just a working picture.
Attachment 27292

*edit*
Interest list:
1) howiedoit - yes
2) Shmithers - interested, depending on price
3) Theos92vr4 - interested, depending on price
4) slimdizzy - interested, depending on price
5) FyrFytr - interested, depending on price
6) Smurf_GE - interested, depending on price
7) Superdat1 - interested, depending on price
8) jdmjunkie561 - interested, depending on price
9) FitIsGo85 - interested, depending on price
10) BlueBoogers - interested, depending on price
11) Bodhi1 - interested, depending on price
12) hatchpat - interested, depending on price
13) Bugolgi - interested, depending on price
14) Fatchops - interested, depending on price
15) magdalena - interested, depending on price
16) breakerboyspikes - interested, depending on price
17) derek244 - absolutely interested
18) hayden
19) Diasoul
20) True Adrian
21) krunk13
22) theskeels
23) johnnyHT
24) JLOracing
25) Kiet
26) trahmah
27) FittedOnEm
28) Fauz
29) Gin
30) pig_pit
31) Gaujo
32) centralharbor
33) gharrington
34) mo-FUK
35) andycampero1
36) rdmkc
37) corygibson
38) mulletboi86
39) FitisRosie
40) xTravisxEdgex
41)

hayden 04-07-2012 09:24 PM

This product is much needed. BUMP.

krunk13 04-07-2012 09:26 PM

where would we put our amp? also can this be made for 12's

lowkeymods 04-07-2012 10:39 PM

If I didn't already have a compact sub/amp mounted I would be in on this. Good luck!

howiedoit 04-08-2012 11:43 AM

You can put your amp anywhere you want. Mount it to the back of the seats, in the spare tire well, on opposite side of the trunk...

This will probably be available for 10" sub only.

Shmithers 04-08-2012 02:14 PM

Interested depending on price.

Theos92vr4 04-08-2012 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by Shmithers (Post 1089253)

Same here..

slimdizzy 04-08-2012 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Shmithers (Post 1089253)

Same here. Let us know :)

FyrFytr 04-08-2012 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by hayden (Post 1089127)
This product is much needed. BUMP.

What he said!

Yes, yes, yes!:hyper:

A guy made one locally to me, and it's amazing, sounds great, looks great, it's the super win! I have no skills necessary, and would love to pay a reasonable price to have someone w/ the knowledge and skills necessary and willing to do it, build one for me.

I'm in!
(price depending, of course)

Smurf_GE 04-09-2012 09:34 AM

Interested depending on price!

Fit4Spl 04-09-2012 01:01 PM

Curious to know if your gonna use a mold for these and mass produce or make them individually, would let me know what to expect as for quality. Oh and I am just curious, my box is well MONSTROUS compared to that one.

http://www.bortzmedia.com/recyclebox2/5.jpg

superdat1 04-09-2012 01:31 PM

Like the everyone else, depending on price :)

krunk13 04-09-2012 01:48 PM

Somebodys got a trunk rattler :rolleyes:

I love knowing that the honda fit is involved in virtually every facet of automotive completion. How many db's you pushing?

howiedoit 04-09-2012 01:55 PM

A mold will be made if there is enough interest. In designing this enclosure, JDP has been very concerned about quality and fitment, so I think the quality should be second to none, once everything is done.

krunk13 04-09-2012 02:22 PM

What kinda mounting depth and interior volume are we talking here?

howiedoit 04-09-2012 02:29 PM

Mounting depth...there's about 5" clearance for a 10" subwoofer. Volume hasn't been determined yet, but it will be measured once the enclosure is finalized.

Fit4Spl 04-09-2012 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by krunk13 (Post 1089545)
Somebodys got a trunk rattler :rolleyes:

I love knowing that the honda fit is involved in virtually every facet of automotive completion. How many db's you pushing?

Actually no rattle I don't skimp when I do a system there's over $500 in sound deadener in the car, the rear wing does wang a bit but gonna deaden the mounting area of it this weekend.

With my old box I did this at 46Hz:

http://www.bortzmedia.com/fit/144.jpg

That is the NEW termlab btw, and I have yet to meter the new box which is louder. You can see my install log in my sig for the full install details.

jdmjunkie561 04-09-2012 03:03 PM

def interested depending on price too. took me a while to get a system cause of using up space for a sub. i have a small box in the trunk now that i can move out whenever i need cargo space but this would be nice to have and leave it in the car without having to move anything .. let us know

FyrFytr 04-09-2012 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by howiedoit (Post 1089546)
A mold will be made if there is enough interest. In designing this enclosure, JDP has been very concerned about quality and fitment, so I think the quality should be second to none, once everything is done.

Who is JDP?
(I should probably know this...)

Also, any idea of a time frame for this being 'market ready'?

howiedoit 04-09-2012 03:56 PM

www.jdpengineering.com
John at JDP has made some nice parts for our fits, including front lip, rear spoiler, etc.

I'm not sure when the box will be ready. I'll continually check with John, but I don't imagine that it would take too long because most of the work is done already.

gavin-jarosz 04-10-2012 11:34 AM

JL Stealth box

JL Audio already offers an aftermarket stealth box with a 10W3v3. As far as quailty goes you can't beat JL.

Heres a link to the box:

http://http://www.jlaudio.com/car-audio-stealthbox-honda-fit

slimdizzy 04-10-2012 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by gavin-jarosz (Post 1089868)
JL Audio already offers an aftermarket stealth box with a 10W3v3. As far as quailty goes you can't beat JL. [url]http://www.jlaudio.com/car-audio-stealthbox-honda-fit

Thats only for GD3's not GE8's (ie For USDM Fit 08 and older not 09 and newer). Says right on the product page here:

http://www.jlaudio.com/car-audio-stealthbox-honda-fit

FyrFytr 04-10-2012 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by gavin-jarosz (Post 1089868)
JL Audio already offers an aftermarket stealth box with a 10W3v3. As far as quailty goes you can't beat JL.

Heres a link to the box:

http://http://www.jlaudio.com/car-audio-stealthbox-honda-fit

:rotfl:

Originally Posted by slimdizzy (Post 1089869)
Thats only for GD3's not GE8's (ie For USDM Fit 08 and older not 09 and newer). Says right on the product page here:

Car Audio - Stealthbox® - Honda - Fit

Eggggggggzactly!

slimdizzy 04-10-2012 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by FyrFytr (Post 1089870)
:rotfl:

Eggggggggzactly!

This buy is for GE8's though. Don;t know why your finding my post funny but whatever.

gavin-jarosz 04-10-2012 11:45 AM

My bad. I have an 08' GD3, thats what I was thinking of. I don't know why they haven't created one for the 09' and up's yet. I'll have to talk to my JL rep next time he comes in the store.

slimdizzy 04-10-2012 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by gavin-jarosz (Post 1089872)
My bad. I have an 08' GD3, thats what I was thinking of. I don't know why they haven't created one for the 09' and up's yet. I'll have to talk to my JL rep next time he comes in the store.

Please do as I would love to go that route but i'll take what I can get from JDP as well, they do nice work.

gavin-jarosz 04-10-2012 12:03 PM

If you want PM me some contact info, that way I can get ahold of you easier if I hear anything from them

FyrFytr 04-10-2012 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by slimdizzy (Post 1089871)
This buy is for GE8's though. Don;t know why your finding my post funny but whatever.

A poor job of 'cutting and pasting'. The ROFL was supposed to be directed at the post you were replying to. My post was quickly corrected, but not quickly enough.
:vtec:

FyrFytr 04-10-2012 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by gavin-jarosz (Post 1089872)

Many of us, like myself, have been waiting for years for a stealthbox to install a sub like the JL unit made for the older version of the Fit. I've wondered why there hasn't been one made yet. There are plenty of Fits on the road, and I see many more GEs than I do GDs. Maybe JL didn't have much success w/ the model they made for the GD, and didn't feel it was worthwhile to make one for the GE???

jdmjunkie561 04-10-2012 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by FyrFytr (Post 1089877)
Many of us, like myself, have been waiting for years for a stealthbox to install a sub like the JL unit made for the older version of the Fit. I've wondered why there hasn't been one made yet. There are plenty of Fits on the road, and I see many more GEs than I do GDs. Maybe JL didn't have much success w/ the model they made for the GD, and didn't feel it was worthwhile to make one for the GE???

Maybe so cause I even wrote to them inquiring about this. Ring made for the he and I neve got a response !

FitIsGo85 04-11-2012 12:37 AM

Very interested in this depending on price. What would be a good sub to get for this box though?

howiedoit 04-12-2012 02:09 AM

Originally Posted by FitIsGo85 (Post 1090088)
Very interested in this depending on price. What would be a good sub to get for this box though?

Any 10" sub with a mounting depth of 5" should work well. I asked John if he would consider offering a subwoofer, packaged with the enclosure like how JL Audio does. But we both kind of agreed that people may prefer to choose their own subwoofer. Personally, I'm going to use an Elemental Designs 10" sub that I've been saving for this.

You can start with the list of subwoofers on Crutchfield: Component Subwoofers at Crutchfield.com

In regards to the JL Audio Stealthbox for the GD3...it's great that GD3 guys have this option. But in my opinion, the JL box isn't that great looking. It looks like a carpeted blob. Also, the JL stealth box is $600!

10" subwoofers start at $49 on Crutchfield, and Crutchfield isn't even known for having the best prices. John hasn't told me anything about pricing, but I'm sure you can shop around for a nice 10" subwoofer and buy this JDP box and you will be spending well under $600!

Let's spread the word on this sub enclosure so we can push this thing into production! I know I want one...I've been trying to persuade JDP to make this thing for quite a while already. :hyper:

FyrFytr 04-12-2012 01:45 PM

I'd most definitely prefer to have my own choice of subs. Whether it's due to sound, price, or simply using one that I already have, I think buying an enclosure only would be best for everyone involved, including the folks making and shipping (hopefully soon!) this thing.
:popc:

BlueBoogers 04-14-2012 06:28 PM

In, depending on price AND whether or not the top portion is cleaned up for the shelf to fit like stock.

Shmithers 04-14-2012 06:33 PM

Does anyone have a link or suggestion for how I would wire a sub&amp up to an otherwise stock fit using an enclosure like this one?

Cheers!

Bodhi1 04-15-2012 09:06 PM

Definitely interested depending on the price.

krunk13 04-15-2012 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by Shmithers (Post 1091184)
Does anyone have a link or suggestion for how I would wire a sub&amp up to an otherwise stock fit using an enclosure like this one?

Cheers!

Just install a line output converter. It take a left and right signal from your factory radio and sends it through standard rca jacks to your amp.

ThEvil0nE 04-15-2012 09:54 PM

There's more to an enclosure than what size drivers it fit. is it sealed? vented? what's the internal volume? other vital parameters? what's it made of?

You can drop in a good sq driver in a wrong enclosure and it will sound like shit. You can also drop a cheap-no-name-brand driver and make it sound good in a properly parametered enclosure.

Also... in all honesty... I wouldn't call JDP as "excellent quality"... it's more of a "good/ok" in terms of fitment and finish.

howiedoit 04-16-2012 10:42 AM

It's a sealed box, made of fiberglass. Internal volume has yet to be measured, but I think it should be similar to the JL Audio stealth box.

The box was designed so that the top shelf cover can still be used and it will not block the rear seat from reclining.

hatchpat 04-17-2012 12:49 PM

Interested, depending on price of course!