[ask] MAF Sensor

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 07:06 AM
[ask] MAF Sensor

Hi There.. I want to ask about the MAF sensor close to the throttle b'fly.. How it's work? And, if i remove it, will it be affecting on the fuelflow?

thanks...

Old 04-05-2008, 11:18 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by epin
Hi There.. I want to ask about the MAF sensor close to the throttle b'fly.. How it's work? And, if i remove it, will it be affecting on the fuelflow?

thanks...
It is a MAP sensor--- Manifold Absolute Pressure. Your engine won't run with it disconnected.

Old 04-06-2008, 02:33 AM
Originally Posted by manxman
It is a MAP sensor--- Manifold Absolute Pressure. Your engine won't run with it disconnected.
It wasn't disconnected, just remove it from the box. And change it with other external filter to get more air than the stock's..
As, i've known, If it's disconnected, the ecu light on the dash goes on, but the engine still can run.

btw, how does it works?

thanks..

Old 04-06-2008, 02:52 AM
RDS
It wasn't disconnected, just remove it from the box. And change it with other external filter to get more air than the stock's..
As, i've known, If it's disconnected, the ecu light on the dash goes on, but the engine still can run.

btw, how does it works?

thanks..
The MAP sensor measures the pressure inside the intake manifold, which tells the ECU how much fuel to flow. The correct ratio of fuel is related to how much air enters the engine through the intake. The rate of the air mass entering the cylinders from the manifold is proportionate to the RPM.

That's the easiest way I can think to explain it. Hope I made sense. It's like 3am. haha

Old 04-06-2008, 05:42 AM
Banned

btw, how does it works?

thanks..

I think you are really talking about your IAT (intake air temperature) sensor not your MAP sensor. Do you mean the part that was stuck into a rubber grommet on the back of the airbox. Did it pull out with no tools just by pushing in on the connector or did you have to have a wrench to unscrew it. If it pulled out that is not your MAP sensor and is the IAT sensor.

If that is what you are talking about just drill the right size hole into your new intake pipe making sure not to get flakes of metal from the drill stuck in your new intake, install the old rubber grommet, and slide it back into your new pipe.

Yes the engine will run without it being installed but it will run worse than it did stock.

Old 04-07-2008, 07:50 AM
How it's work if it senses hot/cold air related to the fuel flow?

Thanks..

Old 04-07-2008, 10:02 AM
5 Year Member
the map works in tandem with the IAT. The PCM needs to know how dense the air is in order to maintain the correct AF

Old 04-07-2008, 11:04 AM
Banned
In simple language the IAT sensor tells the computer how cold the air coming into the intake is so it can add the correct amount of fuel.

Old 04-07-2008, 11:12 AM
What happen if it senses "Hey, we have a hot air in the FB.."
or maybe the ECU will say " I know, bring more fuel to the combustion chamber!"
is it correct?

thanks..