Need new battery

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 12:04 AM
5 Year Member
Need new battery

Does anyone know who make the battery for our car?? The STOCK battery suck.............it dead today. HELP

Old 12-18-2008, 12:12 AM
Administrator
5 Year Member
get a braille battery

Braille Battery

Old 12-18-2008, 12:29 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by gimme
get a braille battery

Braille Battery

Do you know what is the part number for our car??

Old 12-18-2008, 12:37 AM
at $200+, I wouldn't touch it for a go car. Unless I were racing and weight were an issue. Then I think I'd lose 50 pounds - well maybe I need to lose that anyways.

Interstate Batteries. I just checked their web site - nothing came up for the FIT, it said to contact a distributor. www.interstatebatteries.com

Next best is DieHard from Sears.

I personally wouldn't ever buy an OEM battery. They are made to get the car started long enough for most people to not complain about buying a new battery when it fails.

IF you are planning on keeping the car for a while, DO NOT skimp on the new battery. If you are planning on getting rid of the car soon (within 2 years), then go cheap.

If weight is an issue, the go with the Gimme posting.

Good luck,
Mark

Old 12-18-2008, 01:11 AM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
get the passwordjdm battery reloation kit with the odyessy pc680 batt.

Old 12-18-2008, 09:25 AM
Administrator
5 Year Member
markc is 100% correct. at that moment, that was the only aftermarket battery that I could think of. but kylerwho brought up the other choice i would have said if i'd remembered

Old 12-18-2008, 12:37 PM
On with the same topic, seems my battery is starting to die too.. as i only really use my car to get to/from work as well as the occasinal meets and shows....

Anyone had any expierience with Spoon Lightweight Battery or Feels?

Want something with a bit more power (as i'll be having a full audio system - Focals 2x 10" Rainbow Subs etc) and preferbly light.... probs around the $350 budget

Old 12-18-2008, 01:32 PM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
braille battery ftw im getting one after christmas

Old 12-18-2008, 04:17 PM
5 Year Member
um....very hard decision!!!

I try Sears web site. they don't have anything for the Fit yet. Seem like no one has OEM replacement battery.

What is the link for jdmpassword battery???

Old 12-18-2008, 08:55 PM
5 Year Member
Odyssey Battery | The ODYSSEY® Drycell battery combines in one box the characteristics of two... | Password JDM
I believe its one of those batteries there. I dont know much about these JDM batteries, but dont you need JDM terminals to connect these to USDM fits? and maybe even a relocator bracket?

If you dont want to go through that much trouble, I also recommend Optima (interstate) power cell batteries, which cost a lot, but run really strong.

I have the yellow top optima battery in my mini, and its a deep cycle battery that supposedly is really hard to die. Can last like a day or more if you forgot your headlights or play music in your car without ignition.

Optima Products - YellowTop

I was able to find one of these batteries at my local auto parts store. I know they make one for the size of the fit. Maybe itll be easier for you this way.

Old 12-18-2008, 11:29 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Jazz GD3
Odyssey Battery | The ODYSSEY® Drycell battery combines in one box the characteristics of two... | Password JDM
I believe its one of those batteries there. I dont know much about these JDM batteries, but dont you need JDM terminals to connect these to USDM fits? and maybe even a relocator bracket?

If you dont want to go through that much trouble, I also recommend Optima (interstate) power cell batteries, which cost a lot, but run really strong.

I have the yellow top optima battery in my mini, and its a deep cycle battery that supposedly is really hard to die. Can last like a day or more if you forgot your headlights or play music in your car without ignition.

Optima Products - YellowTop
I was able to find one of these batteries at my local auto parts store. I know they make one for the size of the fit. Maybe itll be easier for you this way.
WOW...........great infomation. thank you

Are you able to find out what is the size that you talking about??? Do you know what is the part number is??

Last edited by sy11580; 12-18-2008 at 11:34 PM.
Old 12-19-2008, 04:20 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by sy11580
WOW...........great infomation. thank you

Are you able to find out what is the size that you talking about??? Do you know what is the part number is??
Well, the one I have in my mini is the full size/ general (like a full size sedan's battery) size (Optima 9014-045 I believe?). I know the fit uses a small size battery different from most full size cars. I can only say I know they make a battery that fits since I saw it at the store.
I'll measure the size of my stock battery tomorrow in the morning, but I assume its the:

Optima D51 Yellow Top Battery, Part#8071-167
Length, 9.313"
Width, 5.063"
Height, 8.938" (height a the top of the terminals)
Weight, 26.0 lb.
Cold Crank: 450 Amps
MCA: 575 Amps
RC: 66 Minutes
http://www.optimabatteries.com/optima_products/yellowtop.php

that fits, as it should be the same size as the original battery. I'll compare. I haven't replaced my fit with a new battery, so double check it for yourself too.

Most batteries are hard to be found vehicle specific since they are universal. All you have to do is base if it can fit in your car, and if the crank and such is high enough. I am certain the crank for the Optima yellow tops are more then enough.

I plan to replace my battery on the fit also, because I do not want to risk having my car die after listening to music for 30 minutes without ignition. After reading about the Odyssey batteries, the reserve is only like 16 minutes?! My full size one is 2 hours. My optima battery on my other car has last me through 5 years, with a instant start up with of a quick crank.

Last edited by Jazz GD3; 12-19-2008 at 04:37 AM. Reason: Size Measurements
Old 12-19-2008, 08:22 PM
5 Year Member
you are awsome. thank you so much for your help!!!

Keep update the info. I think a lot of people wants to know

Old 12-19-2008, 09:23 PM
5 Year Member
Group size 51 is same height and width but different length. Thinks its a little over 1" longer. If using the stock airbox it should be no problem. Aftermarket (mandrel bent) intakes might not have enough room.

Old 12-19-2008, 10:10 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by sterVin
Group size 51 is same height and width but different length. Thinks its a little over 1" longer. If using the stock airbox it should be no problem. Aftermarket (mandrel bent) intakes might not have enough room.

Oh really? thank you for your update.

How about using cold air intake, or short ram. I know the T1R intake will not fit with the battery, buz it is so tight between the STOCK battery already.

Old 12-19-2008, 10:49 PM
I've got the Braille 3125 (i think thats the p/n). It works great, and I've let it sit at the airport in the snow for over a week and it started right up. My stock one never lasted over 3 days, no matter what I did to it.

Old 12-20-2008, 11:26 AM
5 Year Member
3121 from Braille? I probably could have saved you some cash. Thats the same battery that comes OE on the massive Harley Davidson bikes.

Magna Power-Power Sports ETX30L AGM Battery-365 CCA [ETX30L] - $99.95 : Battery Warehouse Co., Internet Superstore

or if you want to do your own research its a 30L size motorcycle battery.

Old 12-20-2008, 02:50 PM
5 Year Member
hmm, didnt know the intake would make that much of a difference in clearance. I have a fujita short ram. What intake do you have?

I cant really figure out the EXACT size for the Yuasa (stock battery) because its covered by a battery cover on our cars. So yeah, only way to figure battery size is removing the black cover, that will make it look like a grey transparent battery with YUASA stamped on it.

If your set on getting the optima, or any bigger battery, I remember being able to adjust the fusebox a little bit? Also as taking out the battery one time since I thought it was dead, which I should have measured, without the cover, I remember had some extra space around that I can move it around the metal tray that it sits on.

Heres a borrowed from Marky Mark, hope he doesnt mind. Optima installed with a stock intake. Looks like it sits a little closer to the fusebox to give it some clearance. Doesnt look overall too big compared to the stock battery where it goes over 1" in length, but I'm not sure.
Name:  batt.jpg
Views: 354
Size:  64.7 KB

I suppose whatever battery you get, its going to be an upgrade. I got my Optima based on supporting more audio power. I hope you find a battery that meets your needs, Good Luck!

Last edited by Jazz GD3; 12-20-2008 at 06:01 PM. Reason: added a pic.
Old 12-21-2008, 03:02 AM
5 Year Member
thank you so much. this pics is very Big help!! So int he pic is that the battery that you talk about???

Yes, I'm planning to get the Optima Yellow, buz I'm planning to get better audion system

Old 12-21-2008, 05:26 AM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
how much does that optima weight vs stock?

Quick Reply: Need new battery