Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   General Fit Modifications Discussion (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/general-fit-modifications-discussion/)
-   -   Clifford 50.5 help (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/general-fit-modifications-discussion/39220-clifford-50-5-help.html)

OhNineFIT 02-28-2009 02:14 PM

Clifford 50.5 help

I have a Clifford matrix 50.5x alarm installed into my 2009 at fit. When it was done installing I could not wait to see how it looks like. When I was testing the car alarm to see how it looked like, but for some reason nothing came up on my remote screen. I went to Honda and asked what's up with it, and they said it was the brain. Does anyone know it they sell the brain separate? Thanks in advance

sevenaprils 02-28-2009 07:20 PM

Not familiar with this alarm setup. But some questions for you:
Was it professionally installed? If so, go back to the shop. If not, check/double check your work. If there are any fuses or wire taps that were done, check them out, among other things.
Check the battery in the key fob.
Is this setup a remote starter setup? I believe those have more involved wiring when installing, so more places to get something wrong.
Does your car otherwise function properly? Can you lock the doors and do the things the system should do but manually?
If it is a faulty "brain" in the remote like the dealer suggested, my guess is Clifford must have some sort of warranty on it, and you should contact them about it.
I'm sure others will post better responses, but good luck with troubleshooting this.

OhNineFIT 03-02-2009 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by sevenaprils (Post 591581)
Not familiar with this alarm setup. But some questions for you:
Was it professionally installed? If so, go back to the shop. If not, check/double check your work. If there are any fuses or wire taps that were done, check them out, among other things.
Check the battery in the key fob.
Is this setup a remote starter setup? I believe those have more involved wiring when installing, so more places to get something wrong.
Does your car otherwise function properly? Can you lock the doors and do the things the system should do but manually?
If it is a faulty "brain" in the remote like the dealer suggested, my guess is Clifford must have some sort of warranty on it, and you should contact them about it.
I'm sure others will post better responses, but good luck with troubleshooting this.

First off, thanks for responding.

Yes it was professionally installed, it was done by Honda. Yes I asked them to do the remote start function. I will be calling Clifford soon and ask them about the warranty on it. Thanks!!

OhNineFIT 03-04-2009 10:47 PM

okay i got the permission to send it back. thanks for helping. and also, is removing the brain hard to do? if not, i am willing to remove it myself and save time going to the dealership and removing it.

NIGHTHAWKSI 03-05-2009 10:41 AM

bring it to the dealership. if you paid them for a working alarm system, it is there responsability to install it correctly...even if that includes removing/replacing faulty products.

OhNineFIT 04-09-2009 02:54 PM

Soo all is good, didn't have to remove the brain. thanks for the help guys!

viperjh16 07-05-2009 11:00 PM

my viper 5901 dont start with the remote the keyless works and the alarm but it will not start with the remote some one help me