Clifford 50.5 help

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 02:14 PM
5 Year Member
Clifford 50.5 help

I have a Clifford matrix 50.5x alarm installed into my 2009 at fit. When it was done installing I could not wait to see how it looks like. When I was testing the car alarm to see how it looked like, but for some reason nothing came up on my remote screen. I went to Honda and asked what's up with it, and they said it was the brain. Does anyone know it they sell the brain separate? Thanks in advance

Old 02-28-2009, 07:20 PM
5 Year Member
Not familiar with this alarm setup. But some questions for you:
Was it professionally installed? If so, go back to the shop. If not, check/double check your work. If there are any fuses or wire taps that were done, check them out, among other things.
Check the battery in the key fob.
Is this setup a remote starter setup? I believe those have more involved wiring when installing, so more places to get something wrong.
Does your car otherwise function properly? Can you lock the doors and do the things the system should do but manually?
If it is a faulty "brain" in the remote like the dealer suggested, my guess is Clifford must have some sort of warranty on it, and you should contact them about it.
I'm sure others will post better responses, but good luck with troubleshooting this.

Old 03-02-2009, 10:06 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by sevenaprils
Not familiar with this alarm setup. But some questions for you:
Was it professionally installed? If so, go back to the shop. If not, check/double check your work. If there are any fuses or wire taps that were done, check them out, among other things.
Check the battery in the key fob.
Is this setup a remote starter setup? I believe those have more involved wiring when installing, so more places to get something wrong.
Does your car otherwise function properly? Can you lock the doors and do the things the system should do but manually?
If it is a faulty "brain" in the remote like the dealer suggested, my guess is Clifford must have some sort of warranty on it, and you should contact them about it.
I'm sure others will post better responses, but good luck with troubleshooting this.
First off, thanks for responding.

Yes it was professionally installed, it was done by Honda. Yes I asked them to do the remote start function. I will be calling Clifford soon and ask them about the warranty on it. Thanks!!

Old 03-04-2009, 10:47 PM
5 Year Member
okay i got the permission to send it back. thanks for helping. and also, is removing the brain hard to do? if not, i am willing to remove it myself and save time going to the dealership and removing it.

Old 03-05-2009, 10:41 AM
5 Year Member
bring it to the dealership. if you paid them for a working alarm system, it is there responsability to install it correctly...even if that includes removing/replacing faulty products.

Old 04-09-2009, 02:54 PM
5 Year Member
Soo all is good, didn't have to remove the brain. thanks for the help guys!

Old 07-05-2009, 11:00 PM
5 Year Member
my viper 5901 dont start with the remote the keyless works and the alarm but it will not start with the remote some one help me