where to buy offical shop manuals

Old 03-11-2011, 09:17 PM
where to buy offical shop manuals

Hi...

I hope this is the right place to post this question.

I would like to buy the official Honda Fit service manual that covers the 2011 Fit. I found this place:

Helm Incorporated: Search Results=

However, I can not tell if that is the "official" Honda Fit service manual or not. Also, I see something listed called the:

"2011 Fit Electrical Troubleshooting Manual"

The letters "KA" are at the end of both manual. I have no idea what KA means.

Are the above the official Honda service manuals? Has anyone found a cheaper source?

Yes, I know all about after market service manuals not made by Honda. I am not looking for that. I am looking for the official shop manuals.

Where do I go to buy them?: No one ebay or any web site I have found has them.

Tips anyone?

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely

Mraroid
Portland Oregon

Old 03-12-2011, 12:10 AM
I see the link I posted did not go directly to the two Fit manuals. This is what was posted:

Qty
2009-2011 Fit Service Manual (KA) Price: $150.00 In Stock Pkg Qty: 1 (English, Paper, 61TK602) Click here for detail
Qty
2011 Fit Electrical Troubleshooting Manual (KA) Price: $110.00 In Stock Pkg Qty: 1 (English, Paper, 61TK602EL) Click here for detail
And the detail of the first manual says:

An average of 1,500 pages of detailed repair instruction and diagrams written by Honda service professionals make this the best manual available for accurate repair. Each Section includes a Table of Contents, and many have a Component Location Index showing parts disassembly sequence, bolt torques, thread sizes, and page references to descriptions in text. Book includes Maintenance Schedules, Specifications, Troubleshooting, Special Tools, Removal/Installation, Disassembly and Adjustment. Repair instruction on Engine Electrical, Engine, Cooling, Fuel and Emissions, Transaxle, Steering, Suspension, Brakes including ABS, Body, Heating/Air Conditioning/Ventilation, Body Electrical and Restraints.

And the second manual detail says:

Written by Honda, this book has the most in-depth wiring diagrams available. Information on how to troubleshoot electrical problems, this manual includes circuit schematics, power distribution schematics, ground distribution schematics and component locations to accurately repair electrical problems. ETMS are model and model year specific, and their schematics are far more detailed than the wiring diagrams in the Service Manual. For best repair results, use this manual in conjunction with the Service Manual.
So, are the manuals above the official Honda Fit service manuals? And if so, can I buy them any cheaper?

Thanks

Old 03-12-2011, 01:25 AM
Helm inc. makes the factory service manuals for Honda and several other car manufacturers!

MArko!!

Old 03-15-2011, 11:41 PM
I just bought a SERVICE MANUAL for the 2007 fit. I got it from Helm for about $60.
It is pretty hefty (about 2" thick) and on the back cover it says: 2007 FIT service manual published by Honda motor co. ltd. printed in U.S.A.
The "printed in U.S.A." leads me to believe that Helm does indeed supply these to dealers in this country and when I went to my local Honda dealer to buy one of these and an owners manual, they refered me to Helm saying "thats where we get ours".

Old 03-16-2011, 11:12 AM
Thanks Fuldog. Just what I needed to know.

mraroid

Old 03-16-2011, 11:44 AM
Just FYI, the KA is a reference to the type of exhaust - some have differences based on where in the country the car is to be sold. All Fits have the KA type, so not an issue for us to keep straight.

FWIW, I have used a Honda electrical troubleshooting manual for an older Civic - they are great if you are tracking down a gremlin, are comfortable with schematics, and understand a bit about how electricity works. I was able to use a dealership's copy the one time it came up for me. Most of the time, there is no need for this book - the service manual covers enough to work through most issues. Mine turned out to be a cracked wire insulator in a harness bundle, which would intermittently act up when humidity was high.

Old 03-16-2011, 12:12 PM
KA mystery solved

Thanks for the info. I had no idea what KA stood for.

mraroid

Old 03-16-2011, 04:27 PM
link?

Originally Posted by fuldog
I just bought a SERVICE MANUAL for the 2007 fit. I got it from Helm for about $60.
Where'd you get it for $60? Got a link? That's a good price!

Old 03-16-2011, 04:45 PM
5 Year Member
A friend of mine is the service manager for a honda dealer and he is the one that told me to get the offical manuals from Helm, Inc. on line.

That is the real deal...they supply them to Honda, and Honda sells them back to you at a marked up price if you buy them from the dealer.

Buy it on line and save some $

Old 03-16-2011, 05:38 PM
5 Year Member
i got the Manual on CD for 15$ on ebay same thing and you only print what you need... and it doesn't get dirty!

Old 03-17-2011, 03:28 PM
2011 on CD?

I wonder how long before the 2011 fit shop manual will come out on CD.....

mraroid