General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

So I recently joined here on the forums. One thread got me worried.

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2020, 04:58 PM
So I recently joined here on the forums. One thread got me worried.

I’m considering purchasing a fit soon. I had posted another thread about this and idk if it has been approved. But I wrote a long paragraph of how I wanted to use a fit for fuel economy and practicality. I plan to switch from a CRV 2nd gen to a fit first or second gen. While the CRV isn’t exactly a fuel sipper. It still does amazingly well.... for its size. About 22-29mpg combined and surprisingly one time it was close to 40MPG on the highway! But it stayed at 38mpg.

I’m switching to a fit and I was wondering if 2 adults and one child would be ok in a fit?

However I read a post on here about the spark plug problem. And that concerns me because my CRV has been very reliable since the day I got it. I got it used last year. And really only needed a few couple things replacing. Like a headlight bulb. Spark plugs and MAF sensor.

How spread is this spark problem on the Honda fits? Is it really that bad? I don’t mind tightening the plugs or checking them out. If that’s the case I would get a GD3 fit for “easier to work on”

I’m new to the forums and I’m glad to be here.

Last edited by fitlover30; 01-20-2020 at 05:03 PM.
Old 01-20-2020, 08:51 PM
gd idsi have the transmission woes. gk have the fuel injector woes that if not fixed right away dages the cat converter,, better chose ge

Last edited by Rap SantOs; 01-21-2020 at 01:07 AM.
Old 01-20-2020, 10:36 PM
I see

Originally Posted by Rap SantOs
gd idsi have the transmission woes. gk have the fuel injector woes,, better chose ge
Thank you very much for the information! GE8 and GD3 are my main choices now. I thought GKs would have been free of any issues... but this is very helpful information.

Old 01-21-2020, 09:27 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fitlover30
Thank you very much for the information! GE8 and GD3 are my main choices now. I thought GKs would have been free of any issues... but this is very helpful information.
My car ejected a spark plug at 71,000 miles. In the 49,000 miles since it has been perfect. I'm going to replace the spark plugs and coil packs this spring as preventative maintenance to avoid a repeat of the election.

Outside of that one issue occurring once my car has been absolutely faultless since the day it was purchased in 2012 with seven miles on it.

Old 01-23-2020, 01:54 PM
If you get a base model manual GK manufactured after 2016 it shouldn't give you any trouble. I've been running my manual 2017 LX nonstop for almost 100k miles now. Regular oil/filter changes keep it happy, no issues to report.

Old 01-28-2020, 11:29 AM
Safety of Fit?

With a family, I'd stick to the larger car. Here is just one graph on the safety of the Fit. Don't know if other opinions back this up or not. And as small as the Fit is, the gas mileage, especially in the city is not impressive. I have a 2010 Fit and get 22 mpg in city. But highway is much better, in low 40's.

Last edited by JerryHughes; 01-28-2020 at 11:32 AM.
Old 02-01-2020, 02:40 AM
Wow! That is a shocker.

Originally Posted by JerryHughes
With a family, I'd stick to the larger car. Here is just one graph on the safety of the Fit. Don't know if other opinions back this up or not. And as small as the Fit is, the gas mileage, especially in the city is not impressive. I have a 2010 Fit and get 22 mpg in city. But highway is much better, in low 40's.
So you’re telling me the Honda Fit is third on the list for the most fatalities? ..... this is quite scary as I had my hopes way up.... are the safety institutes lying to us then? Since they have said that it is a top safety pick for around 2011-2013... this is off putting me and instead making me stay with what I have currently. I could make the switch but if saving my family if someday there is a drunk driver or something. To struck my car.

Then I’d rather be safe than sorry. I saw a YouTube video where a man rolled over his fit like 6 or 7 times in rain. Year 2007-2008 And lived with just scratches and bruises. The car was so totaled but it looked like it was built with a roll cage around the people inside. And if what you’re telling is true about 22mpg in the city which is outrageous... (I get about 18-22)with my CRV.... in city then there really isn’t any need for me to change my vehicle for one that gets the same :/ mpg.

Being that it’s small I thought it would get better mpg but u think it all depends on the streets.... how the car is maintained.

Air filters etc. But still. Everything you told me is what my partner would want to hear.... I’ve been begging her for a fit. Because it’s fun to drive. Small and convenient and I thought... great at city mileage. My CRVs highway mileage is not a problem at all. 26Mpg when I’m hitting 65mph and the mpg just goes up to 33mpg-40MPG when cruising at 55-60mph (38mpg was recorded on my ScangaugeE meter.

I thought my meter was acting up but no... it was an accurate reading. Impressive but I believe it’s the magic spot. It may have been because the road wasn’t inclined but maybe a road going down?

All in all I’m a pretty safe driver with NO big accidents or collisions in my first year of driving and licensed. And I believe if there’s no accident from years of driving that fit. Than it should be ok.

Old 02-23-2020, 08:45 PM
Not all GK Fit's have fuel injector problems, I have a 2016 EX, no problems at all. Just annoying front struts. Great cars. 2009-2020. Had a 2008, hated it.