General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Honda Fit wheel bearing replacement help

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2023, 02:33 PM
Honda Fit wheel bearing replacement help

I really need help. I have this mechanic working on my Honda Fit he replaced wheel bearing and abs sensor. I got everything from the auto part store. He seems to install everything correctly. Driver’s side bearing with the magnet on it it’s not backwards and for some reasons he is able to delete all the codes with the scan tool but as soon as you drive the car the abs light will come up on the dashboard and makes a noise so the brake slips out for few seconds then brakes start to work properly but the abs light still on dashboard. So that only happens when he delete the codes with the scan tool. Besides that the car drives fine but I have the abs light and traction light on. He even clean everything with brake cleaner before put it on but nothing seems to work. Now he is going to redo everything with original Honda parts to see if that’s the issue. Please any help it’ll be appreciated.

Old 04-19-2023, 12:30 AM
If you're not 100% sure everything was installed correctly it probably wasn't. Warranty the sensor and see if that fixes the issue. If not, your bearing(s) were improperly installed.

The light comes on immediately when driving because it's noticing a discrepancy between the axle(s)' wheel speed that are having issue and ones that aren't and thus your ABS kicks on to re-stabilize the car. Also make sure he removes and leaves out wheel speed sensors during entire bearing replacement procedure. By the way you worded it, it sounded like you just have "some guy" working on your car. Not everyone with a box of tools and a dickies shirt is a mechanic out here
Good luck.