General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Best accessories?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 11:34 AM
Best accessories?

I have a tiny bit of money and while I cannot worry with adding to the looks of my car I was wondering how good of an idea would it be to get the rubber floor mats and the locking gas cap?

Anyone have experience with either. Kind of a stupid question but I'm trying to be practical (plus I have to drive to New Orleans this week, and I don't need a crack head siphoning gas out of my car).

Old 03-19-2007, 11:38 AM
I only wish the driver side floor mat extended up behind the petals a little bit more. Ok, a lot more. Regardless, I am pleased with the decision to include them in my car. We do get snow here in Nebraska, so it's almost a must have for a daily driver...

Old 03-19-2007, 11:39 AM
Originally Posted by Vampgrrl
I have a tiny bit of money and while I cannot worry with adding to the looks of my car I was wondering how good of an idea would it be to get the rubber floor mats and the locking gas cap?

Anyone have experience with either. Kind of a stupid question but I'm trying to be practical (plus I have to drive to New Orleans this week, and I don't need a crack head siphoning gas out of my car).
I would say the cargo net is a great investment. Keep things in
place, nothing more annoying when stuff banging around in the
back while turning.

Old 03-19-2007, 12:02 PM
All Season (Rubber) OEM Mats.....Cargo Tray (plastic tray that lines the trunk area)

these two alone were awesome add ons for me and love them! keeps carpet clean and easy to wash.

Old 03-19-2007, 12:06 PM
Where is the best place to get this stuff? (cheapest) as im looking for a few things myself

Old 03-19-2007, 12:07 PM
Old 03-19-2007, 12:34 PM
Agree with the all season floor mats and the cargo tray. They'll keep your carpet clean. Its not the best made item, but I needed to buy the cargo cover (for security). I like it except you'll have about a 4" gap between the seat back and the cover unless you recline the back seats a little bit. I bought the bumper applique but haven't installed it yet.

College Hills sold me my stuff and it came quickly and packed well.

Old 03-19-2007, 12:58 PM
I bought generic rubber floor mats from walmart (hate that store, but the mats were ok). They fit, except for the passenger side, which I would have to cut at the top. They were a LOT cheaper than the Custom OEM mats, so if you are looking to save money, try there.

Old 03-19-2007, 01:25 PM
Honda Parts and Honda Accessories from Bernardi Parts

Bought bunch of stuff here with no issues.

Old 03-19-2007, 03:44 PM
Originally Posted by Gravy!
Agree with the all season floor mats and the cargo tray. They'll keep your carpet clean. Its not the best made item, but I needed to buy the cargo cover (for security). I like it except you'll have about a 4" gap between the seat back and the cover unless you recline the back seats a little bit. I bought the bumper applique but haven't installed it yet.

College Hills sold me my stuff and it came quickly and packed well.
College Hills and Bernardi are both good. I have all season mats and really like them. The cargo cover does have a small gap towards the front of the car gap if the rear seat's aren't reclined, but I normally leave them in the more comfortable reclinded position, and you'd have to squint pretty hard to get a look at anything inside even if they're set upright.

IMO, The more forward position is useful only if you're loading up a bunch of stuff in the back, giving a more 'boxy' trunk area since the rear seats are just about vertical when set forward.

If security/cost are concerns, I'd pop for the cargo cover over the locking gas cap anyday. Even a crackhead would know that the gas tank in such a little car can't be that big. But if there's a purse or some other valuable in easy view in the hatch, that's a different story....

Old 03-19-2007, 04:00 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Vampgrrl

Vampgrrl-
I personally think that the locking gas cap is a good idea and bought one. However, I don't agree with the idea of paying to have the gas cap lock altered by a locksmith to match the car keys. Then your key chain with all of your other keys will abrade away your paint when you unlock your gas cap.

I wrapped one of the gas cap keys with the fuzzy, loop side of industrial strength Velcro, and put a patch of the stiff hook side on the underside of my driver's door armrest. I store the key under the door armrest. I put the other key in the glove box for extra insurance against losing the velcro'd one.

Good idea on the all season mats, but there are less expensive ones available. Use the forum search button to find other reviews on mats. Watch out for the crack-heads!!

Old 03-20-2007, 12:29 PM
5 Year Member
All season matts, locking gas cap, wheel locks, cargo cover, cargo tray, and cargo organizer, bumper applique.

I printed out College Hills prices on some of these items and my dealer matched the prices. Saved a bunch that way.

Old 03-20-2007, 02:35 PM
Locking gas-cap for me is a non-issue. I drove a car with no gas cap security whatsoever for years and never had a problem (in NJ).

I got the All-weather Mats, Cargo Tray, and Bumper Applique as my only add-ons to my Sport (aside from the 16" HFP rims). The three aforementioned items came together in a "All Weather Pack" that the dealer had, which basically threw in the Bumper Applique and installation for free.

Old 03-20-2007, 07:35 PM
Originally Posted by RedAndy
If security/cost are concerns, I'd pop for the cargo cover over the locking gas cap anyday. Even a crackhead would know that the gas tank in such a little car can't be that big. But if there's a purse or some other valuable in easy view in the hatch, that's a different story....
I am having a difficult time understanding why Honda doesn't throw this in on the Sport pack. I think every hatchback needs a cargo cover for security!

Old 03-20-2007, 10:08 PM
5 Year Member
I opted for the A/S floor mats and the cargo cover so I can hide my stuff.

I've heard a lot of people talking about a locking gas cap, but I personally can't see the need for one. I've never heard of someone getting gas stolen from their car.

*knocks on wood*

Old 03-20-2007, 10:57 PM
5 Year Member
I have the rubber mats,cargo net and rear cargo mats. The floor mats rock! They do how ever need a little bit of labor for secure installation. College Hills Honda have the mats for sale. Plus you can download their video podcast to watch how they are installed and do it yourself. The mats do a good job cutting road noise and keeping the crud off the carpet. Good Luck!

Old 03-21-2007, 12:48 AM
Vampgirl you are on a budget? Do what I did !

RUBBER MATS = Pep Boys, they have a cheap set which comes ready to
trim about $30.00 they covered even the pedal area really
great!

CARGO MAT = Once again, they sell a large mat for vans, worked well just
a bit short on sides but not a problem! About $24

CARGO HOLDER = Get two , 3 feet long bungee cords and hook them up in
an X design from the round eyelets on the floor of
cargo area it will hold stuff well ! $ 10 - 12 for a pair.

MUFFLER TIP = PEP BOYS, WESTERN AUTO, Get an S shaped stainless
tip, it's cheaper and fits a hundred times better than
the factory one. It's made by APC, about $25 -35

LOCKING GAS CAP = Cheap protection! Forget about someone stealing your
gas. It's what some creep can put inside your gas tank
thats important! Besides who knows if there will be another gas shortage in the future!

Old 04-12-2007, 01:57 AM
Originally Posted by phoenity
I opted for the A/S floor mats and the cargo cover so I can hide my stuff.

I've heard a lot of people talking about a locking gas cap, but I personally can't see the need for one. I've never heard of someone getting gas stolen from their car.

*knocks on wood*
Not only gas thieves. But also mischievous kids, vandals, crazy ex-girlfriends/ex-boyfriends, and enemies putting bad stuff into your gas tank. That's why I'll be getting it.

Old 04-12-2007, 02:25 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by sorcerio
Not only gas thieves. But also mischievous kids, vandals, crazy ex-girlfriends/ex-boyfriends, and enemies putting bad stuff into your gas tank. That's why I'll be getting it.
that's why i got mine. people in my boyfriend's neighborhood were putting milk in people's tanks last summer.

Old 03-31-2008, 05:30 PM
I also picked up some of those rubber mats from Wal-Mart. I had to trim them a bit but saved alot of money! I hated being in the story but saving money kinda evened it out

Quick Reply: Best accessories?