General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

at the pump

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 08:59 PM
5 Year Member
at the pump

ok so i've done about 10,000km on my Fit so far, so i've been to the gas station quite a bit.. and i've recently noticed that the tank doesnt fill up all the way. in other words, my tank was on empty so i go to the gas station about 4 km away (closest petrocan) and fill up to the max, but the pump stopped me at 30L. i pulled the nozzle out a bit and kept going SLOWLY, no problems 'cept i see the gasoline foaming up every once in a while so i ease off then keep going until i hit 40L then stopped and went home...

another incident, at a different petrocan gas was cheap 95 or so and i was on a quarter tank.. but it kept filling up and never stopped me, when i turned to see the meter it was at 38L.. i stopped immediately right there.. i also noticed the fuel gauge didnt move a millimeter until ~170km on the trip.. normally its about 70-100

anyone notice this? any service info on this?? any help appriciated

lastly, i could ABSOLUTELY swear that my tank had a little flapper right under the gas cap which the nozzle usually pokes thru.. i kno theres one on my dad's 97 CRV... noticed a little while back its not there... when i contacted honda about it they said it wasnt there to begin with?? can anyone check this out on their Fit for me?.

Old 03-22-2007, 09:23 PM
Originally Posted by MajorWang
ok so i've done about 10,000km on my Fit so far, so i've been to the gas station quite a bit.. and i've recently noticed that the tank doesnt fill up all the way. in other words, my tank was on empty so i go to the gas station about 4 km away (closest petrocan) and fill up to the max, but the pump stopped me at 30L. i pulled the nozzle out a bit and kept going SLOWLY, no problems 'cept i see the gasoline foaming up every once in a while so i ease off then keep going until i hit 40L then stopped and went home...

another incident, at a different petrocan gas was cheap 95 or so and i was on a quarter tank.. but it kept filling up and never stopped me, when i turned to see the meter it was at 38L.. i stopped immediately right there.. i also noticed the fuel gauge didnt move a millimeter until ~170km on the trip.. normally its about 70-100

anyone notice this? any service info on this?? any help appriciated

lastly, i could ABSOLUTELY swear that my tank had a little flapper right under the gas cap which the nozzle usually pokes thru.. i kno theres one on my dad's 97 CRV... noticed a little while back its not there... when i contacted honda about it they said it wasnt there to begin with?? can anyone check this out on their Fit for me?.
There is no little flap under the gas cap. Its not there because of the location of the gas tank(under front two seats). You have nothing to worry about!