General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Overall FIT Impressions?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 01:57 PM
Overall FIT Impressions?

Hi guys, currently I drive a modified 04 Dodge Srt-4. Its a great car but its gettin up there in miles 85,000 and I am kinda getting tired of people constanly challenging me on the street and revving all the time.. So the Honda FIt caught my eye with its clean lines and somewhat JDM appearance. What is your overall impression of the Fit? I know its not going to win any stoplight races but how does it do in auto-x or how much fun is it to drive with daily. I might go test drive one tonite so your input would be awesome! Thanks

Old 10-29-2007, 03:33 PM
Retired Moderator
I overall LOVE my car! I have had it for 3 months 5000 miles and i love it just as much as the day i got it! Its still pretty much stock, but the fun to drive factor is definetly there! It handles on rails with no suspension upgrades, but when you drop it, it handles like crazy! Its far from fast, but the engine is "peppy" and gets the job done..I have the AT and the paddle shifters are a absolute blast to play with! Build quality is solid, i havent had one rattle, and the doors close with a solid "thud"..Interiors is pretty good, the sterring wheel feels great with the Sport package! Sounds systems great! Overall, the car feels like it could be worth 25k in my opinion, i highly recommend the Fit, its a blast!

Old 10-29-2007, 03:41 PM
I am an absolute fan of the Fit.

-Great MPG (though open for debate, MT cars seem to have a sizable advantage)
-Great storage and seating (6' driver with 6'5" passenger sitting in back still amazes me)
-Great for auto-x (light, stiff, and smooth)
-The greatest drawback is somewhat narrow stock rims

After nearly 10k of driving and a dozen autox days I like the car even more. The shifter is wonderful and easy to use. The engine does its what it can...as you said not a stop light racer. Average approx 36 mpg over the lifespan thus far.

That said the Fit is many things the srt-4 is not, including a manic turbo with many great go-fast attributes.

Best of luck

Old 10-29-2007, 04:09 PM
5 Year Member
love it... its stuck to the road drives nice... even stock it handles like a dream... shifts smooth. its a great overall car... definatley no 10 sec. car... but it will out handle most things on 4 wheels...

Old 10-29-2007, 08:59 PM
I traded in my twin turbo Audi for my fit... and never looked back. Yes, on some days, I miss having that power at the press of the throttle, but I can't get over how fun the Fit is to drive... it's difficult to explain, but once you drive it... you'll get it... The stock suspension is not bad at all either... On a windy road, where torque, and straight line speed are not a factor, my Fit actually out-handles my old Audi.

Old 10-30-2007, 06:58 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
The Fit has the fun factor all over it. It is like riding a go kart! The car has great handling and is my daily driver. It is comfortable, has a lot of room and most of all handles like a dream. It is my first import and it is nice to have a car that other people will walk up and ask you questions about. There are only about 5 Fits in the area I live in so people really react differently. In fact I had a guy in a Mazda 6 drive past me opened up the moon roof and snap a picture with his cell phone. I thought that was pretty funny! You'll not win any races with the car - it hits pretty well from 0 to 60 you'll leave them waiting at the light but believe me they will catch up with you if you drive the speed limit - LOL

Cat :x

Old 10-30-2007, 07:36 PM
5 Year Member
Trust me this car is brilliant right out of the box and made even better with springs, lighter wheels and a nice sounding exhaust. The shifter is sublime. You do forget about the lack of power because the car just does everything else right. If it were 1957 we would be talking about a Porsche 356; no power but a brilliantly rewarding automobile. The Fit is the modern equivelant with more practicality built in not to mention safety and technology. Not bragging but I have owned and driven everything and I can say, with the exception of my 1989 CRX Si, this is one of the most entertaining cars I have owned. If you are curious, my resume includes an S2000, 2 WRX's, Audi TT, Miata, 3 Civic Si's, Eclipse GSX...blah blah blah...I am sure the forum is sick of me repeating myself. Point is, this is a cult car driven by car people. Sure, I see a few mommies driving them who can care less but Honda needs those sales to keep this vehicle on our shores. I can't wait for the 2009 to come here. it can only get better!

Old 10-30-2007, 08:21 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fazzster
Trust me this car is brilliant right out of the box and made even better with springs, lighter wheels and a nice sounding exhaust. The shifter is sublime. You do forget about the lack of power because the car just does everything else right. If it were 1957 we would be talking about a Porsche 356; no power but a brilliantly rewarding automobile. The Fit is the modern equivelant with more practicality built in not to mention safety and technology. Not bragging but I have owned and driven everything and I can say, with the exception of my 1989 CRX Si, this is one of the most entertaining cars I have owned. If you are curious, my resume includes an S2000, 2 WRX's, Audi TT, Miata, 3 Civic Si's, Eclipse GSX...blah blah blah...I am sure the forum is sick of me repeating myself. Point is, this is a cult car driven by car people. Sure, I see a few mommies driving them who can care less but Honda needs those sales to keep this vehicle on our shores. I can't wait for the 2009 to come here. it can only get better!
well said.. true the Fit is no speed demon... but it is fun as hell to drive!

Old 11-02-2007, 02:17 AM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
While the Fit has best in class handling, I don't know if I'd say it "handles like a dream" - it's good, but no dream.. IMO..

Old 11-02-2007, 06:32 AM
This is the wrong forum to ask that question defsaturn6501! I believe I would be safe in saying that we all LOVE our Fits. For me, it's my favoritest car ever. (''Favoritest'' ... is that a word?)

Old 11-02-2007, 09:46 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by storm88000
While the Fit has best in class handling, I don't know if I'd say it "handles like a dream" - it's good, but no dream.. IMO..
Fix your tire pressures! 43/41 or 43/40 works great for me

This is the 2nd best handling car I've ever driven on a regular basis. Blows my old 99 Si off the road both before and after the suspension was upgraded.

Old 11-03-2007, 03:35 AM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Originally Posted by RichXKU
Fix your tire pressures! 43/41 or 43/40 works great for me

This is the 2nd best handling car I've ever driven on a regular basis. Blows my old 99 Si off the road both before and after the suspension was upgraded.

Those are PSI's are really getting up there. Doesn't the ride become a lot harsher?

Old 11-03-2007, 12:42 PM
5 Year Member
See other car in sig... The Fit rides like a Lexus in comparison at any PSI. Also, fuel economy is an extra bonus when pressure is over 40. I think it's worth a shot, especially since it's getting colder now anyway, your pressures most likely need adjustment. Try 43/40 for a bit, you can always let some out later.

Old 11-03-2007, 02:04 PM
5 Year Member
I moved from an MK2 MR2 and the Fit handles almost on par to it. That's saying a lot for a mid-engined sports car. Both felt like they were on rails.

Old 11-06-2007, 12:53 AM
5 Year Member
I'm obviously preaching to the choir here, but same answer - fun to drive but not a lot of power; gets great gas mileage.

Old 11-06-2007, 11:51 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by defsaturn6501
its gettin up there in miles 85,000 and I am kinda getting tired of people constanly challenging me on the street and revving all the time..
85K miles is nothing specially if the car is in good shape. I had my Integra from day one (mile zero) all the way to over 200K miles. I say hang on to your car and ignore the ass hats challenging you, but thats just me. As for my Fit, its a great fun car with good mpg, you wont win any races out of the box until you mod it, so it really depends on what you really want your car to do for you.

Old 11-06-2007, 11:54 AM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by FITrunner
85K miles is nothing specially if the car is in good shape. I had my Integra from day one (mile zero) all the way to over 200K miles. I say hang on to your car and ignore the ass hats challenging you, but thats just me. As for my Fit, its a great fun car with good mpg, you wont win any races out of the box until you mod it, so it really depends on what you really want your car to do for you.
But did you notice his car is a Dodge, 85k on a dodge is really high lol.

Old 11-06-2007, 12:08 PM
Came from a NA miata to the fit. Doesnt handle like the miata even with coilovers but it is a solid car with great gas mileage. I love it, and really happy I can actually put a decent stereo in this one unlike the miata