General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Push Button Start/Stop

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 02:02 PM
Retired Moderator
Push Button Start/Stop

I want a Push button Start/Stop on the Fit. Pretty much every car company now has them on some cars, but it seems like Honda doesnt have it except on the S2000. I think its one of the coolest high tech/upscale features in cars, pushing a button feels much cooler then turning a key IMO..I was hoping for it on the 09's but it seems like that didnt happen

Old 11-09-2007, 09:44 PM
eh....it can look good, but it's just a needles extra step
i've had my s2k for 5 years now -- depress the clutch, turn the key, push the button -- i don't dislike the thing but it really is just a gimmick
if it's something you want though, it is a pretty simple procedure to add on yourself

Old 11-09-2007, 09:49 PM
Ritzbury
i've wanted to do that myself, but am unsure of the procedure. the steering column is a bad place to tinker near when you have no idea what to do

Old 11-09-2007, 10:04 PM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
I've got one:

(aftermarket obviously)

Old 11-09-2007, 11:36 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by AaronS2k
eh....it can look good, but it's just a needles extra step
i've had my s2k for 5 years now -- depress the clutch, turn the key, push the button -- i don't dislike the thing but it really is just a gimmick
if it's something you want though, it is a pretty simple procedure to add on yourself
With most of them you just leave the key fob in your pocket, touch a button on the door handle and touch the start button, which actually removes a step from the usuall process. Thats the case with Nissan/Infiniti's, BMW's, Toyota's and a few others..

Old 11-10-2007, 07:09 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Toy Yoda
I've got one:

(aftermarket obviously)
Thats the one from AJ racing right?

How hard was it to install?

Old 11-10-2007, 08:25 PM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by PwRmAd
Thats the one from AJ racing right?

How hard was it to install?

REALLY easy!! took like 20 minutes. The hardest part was to cut the hole for the button. The Pivot Push Button Start comes with all necessary hardware and instructions by the way.

Old 11-10-2007, 10:58 PM
Retired Moderator
REALLY easy!! took like 20 minutes. The hardest part was to cut the hole for the button. The Pivot Push Button Start comes with all necessary hardware and instructions by the way.
I may want to do this when my warrenty is out..!

So what do you do, put the key in, turn it, then push the button? Just like the S2K sequence?

Old 11-11-2007, 02:45 AM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TOOL
I may want to do this when my warrenty is out..!

So what do you do, put the key in, turn it, then push the button? Just like the S2K sequence?

Yup. either way, the key has to be in the "ON" position because of the immobilizer. so it really doesn't do anything. i can use the key to start the car or the button

Old 11-11-2007, 01:34 PM
Retired Moderator
Yup. either way, the key has to be in the "ON" position because of the immobilizer. so it really doesn't do anything. i can use the key to start the car or the button
Thats cool! I just wished the button looked a little coller, a Red one like the one the S2K's have would be awesome!

Old 11-11-2007, 01:38 PM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
Thats cool! I just wished the button looked a little coller, a Red one like the one the S2K's have would be awesome!
I picked blue because it matches the interior gauges. the red is nice, but it has a light behind it so the red is kinda weird. (personal opinion obviously)

Old 11-11-2007, 03:12 PM
Retired Moderator
I picked blue because it matches the interior gauges. the red is nice, but it has a light behind it so the red is kinda weird. (personal opinion obviously)
So they make a red one?

Can you give me a link to where you got yours? Thanks!

Old 11-11-2007, 07:15 PM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
So they make a red one?

Can you give me a link to where you got yours? Thanks!
I'm not sure if they've got it on their site, but i bought it from www.aj-racing.com

Old 11-11-2007, 08:07 PM
With most of them you just leave the key fob in your pocket, touch a button on the door handle and touch the start button, which actually removes a step from the usuall process. Thats the case with Nissan/Infiniti's, BMW's, Toyota's and a few others..
not the case with the S2k, and retrofitting that sort of equipment to a Fit would be very difficult & cost prohibitive

Old 11-11-2007, 08:46 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by AaronS2k
not the case with the S2k, and retrofitting that sort of equipment to a Fit would be very difficult & cost prohibitive
A member has done it and said it was not hard at all

Old 11-17-2007, 08:42 AM
Honda Fit Forums Moderator
to each their own, but if you need the key anyway, it seems like a waste to me. i used to have an s2ooo and i thought the push start was cool for about a month, then it just got annoying. especially in the colder months when you had to push it a few times since you couldn't really hold it until the car started. BUT.... should you go this route, i agree that the blue is the way to go to match the gauges. this is how i would do mine. post picks once you are finished, and a write up wouldn't be bad if there isn't already one somewhere (forgive my laziness in searching).

as far as this relating to honda, i don't see them adding a push start to the Fit. in the s2ooo it was due to the car being "racing inspired" which the Fit, arguably, is not.

Last edited by revs to 9; 11-17-2007 at 08:46 AM.
Old 11-17-2007, 12:30 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by revs to 9
to each their own, but if you need the key anyway, it seems like a waste to me. i used to have an s2ooo and i thought the push start was cool for about a month, then it just got annoying. especially in the colder months when you had to push it a few times since you couldn't really hold it until the car started. BUT.... should you go this route, i agree that the blue is the way to go to match the gauges. this is how i would do mine. post picks once you are finished, and a write up wouldn't be bad if there isn't already one somewhere (forgive my laziness in searching).

as far as this relating to honda, i don't see them adding a push start to the Fit. in the s2ooo it was due to the car being "racing inspired" which the Fit, arguably, is not.
There is Push Button starters in Prius's, so its not about the race inspired thing in th auto industry..And if Honda was to do it, they should do it lik verybody else and mak it so you dont ned to put a key in!

Old 11-17-2007, 11:53 PM
Banned
There is Push Button starters in Prius's, so its not about the race inspired thing in th auto industry..And if Honda was to do it, they should do it lik verybody else and mak it so you dont ned to put a key in!
Is your e key sticking or something??

Old 11-24-2007, 02:59 PM
5 Year Member
I had a push-button start back in 1998 with my Integra Type R. It is a simple process- you basically must install it in series with the starter relay.

Old 11-29-2007, 05:34 PM
the smart keys mess with people who have pace makers, so give grandma a ride in that new altima with smart key and push start shes dead. and honestly push button start you still gotta use a key so WHY anyone who pays for this option toyota is $500 dollar option for this feature. imho your jackass to pay that much for a button.

Quick Reply: Push Button Start/Stop