General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

tall people in da' fit

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 12:37 AM
Originally Posted by HapaLynai
Wow you're a pretty tall guy. How's the front passenger space when you have someone with you?*

*not being mean, i'm really really curious.
The space is fine, I am very broad, but my sholder and arm don't come close to the passenger. Even the space in the rear is pleanty for another person when I drive. On the 12 hour trip we had four of us. So we had pleanty of room without beeing over crouded.

Old 11-22-2007, 03:25 PM
I'm 6'3" and 290, I've got no comfort issues at all in my new Fit. If I'm on a long trip I simply put the cruise on and shift my legs around from time to time and all's well.

I love this car! Overall inside it feels like a small SUV rather than an econobox. Best vehicle I've ever owned by far.

Shawn

Old 11-22-2007, 03:36 PM
5 Year Member
Talking Wow

Originally Posted by Gixxilla
I'm 6'3" and 290, I've got no comfort issues at all in my new Fit. If I'm on a long trip I simply put the cruise on and shift my legs around from time to time and all's well.

I love this car! Overall inside it feels like a small SUV rather than an econobox. Best vehicle I've ever owned by far.

Shawn

Amen, Brother! I'm not tall, but I second that emotion about how the car feels. Happy Thanksgiving to you and to all FitFreaks! We have a cool car to be thankful for, don't we?

Old 11-22-2007, 04:38 PM
im 6'2, everything is okay for me. 2007 fit here.

Old 11-26-2007, 10:31 PM
5 Year Member
Are there any taller owners that drive the 5-speed? I'm 6'4" and test drove the 5-sp and thought it was awesome. I was wondering if anyone has anything to say about pedal or seating position on the m/t, over the long term, not just a test drive.

Old 11-27-2007, 02:30 AM
that's superb man....

I'm 6FT and the only complaint so far is a good dead pedal place to place my left foot. Now, to get rid of this dilemma, I used to place my left foot on the small compartment below the dashboard....riding with one leg raised.....a typical driving technique in the desert...lol!!!

Old 02-13-2008, 03:45 PM
5 Year Member
Talking Just a follow up....

I've had my '08 Tidewater Blue Sport M/T for a few weeks and I have no complaints with how I fit. I'm a little over 6'4" and I fit just as well in the fit (no pun intended) as I did in my Subaru Legacy. My size 14's are preventing me from heel-toe action, but I absolutely love the car. I hope this helps any taller people that are interested in this great car.

Old 02-13-2008, 05:10 PM
I'm 6'3" and a healthy 220. I have no complaints about seating position, but wish the pedals (5MT) had a bit more space between them. My wife usually drives the fit (I get the civic coupe EX), but when I know I'm taking the Fit, I have to be selective about which shoes I wear (need to go narrow).

Old 02-13-2008, 05:13 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
i wonder if there were less tall people trying to get into our
Fit's, the roofline would be much lower and better handling.... jk

Old 02-13-2008, 07:23 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by magnum003
I'm 6'3" and a healthy 220. I have no complaints about seating position, but wish the pedals (5MT) had a bit more space between them. My wife usually drives the fit (I get the civic coupe EX), but when I know I'm taking the Fit, I have to be selective about which shoes I wear (need to go narrow).

it depends on teh shoes i wear. from skating shoes, my indoor soccer shoes, or timberland boots lol. sometimes i get a scare when one foot pushes the brake when trying to push the gas or clutch LOL

Old 02-14-2008, 04:32 AM
I'm 5' 11", and the only way I can drive my fit comfortably is to splay my right leg out so that it's resting against the console. If I try to keep my right leg straight, it's really uncomfortable almost immediately.

I have become pretty used to the splayed right leg position, however, so even on long trips I do OK. I'm really glad too, because I love my Fit otherwise. Really glad I got cruise control too, because that helps a lot on long trips also.

My wife, who is 5' 6", can't get comfortable in my Fit no matter what she does. She drove it for a short trip and got muscle pains in her leg that lasted for over two days.

I'm hoping the 2009 Fit's makeover includes some changes to the seating position, because I would love for her to have a Fit also.

ed

Old 02-14-2008, 08:07 AM
Originally Posted by jdjohnson9
Im 6'2" and i take long trips about twice a month. I find myself constantly moving the seat around trying to find a sweet spot but im starting to think there really isnt one. I took a 12 hour trip to florida at the end of oct and a 7 hour trip this past weekend to tennessee and they are taking a toll out on my back. The head room is amazing but like others have said the leg room just isnt there and it doesnt match the room to the steering wheel at all. I can get a good position for my legs but when i do i find myself reaching for the steering wheel which is very uncomfortable....
This is one of the reasons I'm considering waiting for the '09 remodel, which it said to have a telescoping strearing wheel.

I test drove a Fit and I love how it handled, but I'm only 5'8" and I noticed that if the seat was adjusted far enough back for my legs to have enough room then I had to reach a bit for the steering wheel - a bit uncomfortable. If the steering wheel telescoped then this problem wouldn't exist.

Old 02-14-2008, 10:35 AM
I'm 6'5", 160 lbs and after driving a Focus for 4 years, the fit is just fine. The only thing that is a small issue is that when I push on the brake, my right knee bumps into the steering wheel. For me though, that isn't much of an issue, because it was worse in the focus.

Old 02-14-2008, 12:26 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Originally Posted by holloway2006
I'm 6'5", 160 lbs
Dam i thought i was skinny! im 6'2" and 160! Very comfy in my fit, i've taken long trips, and my eyes get tired before my body does! +1 we need a dead pedal.

Old 02-14-2008, 12:41 PM
Originally Posted by holloway2006
I'm 6'5", 160 lbs and after driving a Focus for 4 years, the fit is just fine. The only thing that is a small issue is that when I push on the brake, my right knee bumps into the steering wheel. For me though, that isn't much of an issue, because it was worse in the focus.
typo?

Old 02-14-2008, 01:07 PM
Haha, I'm afraid it's not a typo. I used to be 145 lbs, I've been going to the gym though, trying to gain some weight. As it is, I can't break the 161 mark no matter how much I eat :P

Old 02-14-2008, 02:37 PM
5 Year Member
i am 6'5 300 pounds and i fit fine

Old 02-14-2008, 03:13 PM
5 Year Member
Question

With all the replies of people having ocmfort issues - is there a solution to all this? Honestly... I've been thinking and thinking about this since I bought my Fit last January 05, 2006.

To chime in...

I'm 6'00 exactly and have always had problems with long road trips or multiple trips making on long trip in my Fit. Specifically, I've had lingering pain in my right knee, occasionally my right shin and the muscle under/below the glutious maximous..

I'm like this when I hop out the car to stretch...

Has anyone tricked out their seats yet and found a driver seat that extends leg room and also a "shifter" (don't know the name) that will allow more pullback when you adjust the seat? I've read separate threads about those two things, but no commentary on leg room and leg comfort...

Old 02-14-2008, 09:17 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by solbrothers
I'm 6'7". and i fit just fine! my brother is 6'4", my dad is 6'10". my mom is 6'2". we fit just fine in the fit lol.
WOW man.

I'm like 6'2 6'3, i fit fine, but i'm really skinny, I'm 145lbs. People tell me I look malnourished lol. I'm only 16 tho.

Old 02-14-2008, 09:22 PM
5 Year Member
holy shit!! Im 6'7" and 160 LOLOLOLOL

Quick Reply: tall people in da' fit