General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Early Christmas!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 01:00 PM
5 Year Member
Early Christmas!!!!!

Hey guys!
I treated myself to a little holiday splurge and it arrived today....

Skunk2 springs! waaahhoooo!!!!!!!

and btw - jhpusa has ebay auctions and I got these are killer price... If you're looking for springs now's the time, check 'em out! Thanks to them for hooking me up!

I'll be taking pics soon. Have to contain my excitement so I can focus on the install (don't want to rush!)

haha

I love this time of year.....

Old 12-13-2007, 01:06 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
cool!

i have some DF's on the way this week...hope to install them over the weekend... its gonna be one friggen cold install day for me. (17F?)

Old 12-13-2007, 01:42 PM
Retired Moderator
Lucky you lol! Let me know how you like the Skunk 2's im debating on springs right now..

Tyler

Old 12-13-2007, 06:18 PM
5 Year Member
Well, I saw them on another fit, and the drop worked for me - not too low but definitely better then the stock ride height. Also, it's not too stiff, and pretty close to OEM.
I've only got the front done - ran out of daylight. Trying to get the bolts free on the rear perch have proven to be extremely difficult. I've used WD-40 and PB Blaster, and nothing. The only thing I can think of is tommorow I need to pick up a longer rachet, because I'm just not getting the leverage I need.

Also: as far as I thought, the rear wheels didn't need to be removed, right? If someone could shed some light that be great - I did get one bolt free, but lost daylight, so I put it back together, but I noticed the perch didn't drop enough to get the spring out... Any suggestions guys? thanks....

BTW - front is a near cakewalk - I did pop the cv axle out but luckily got it back in with a little persuasion. I used a jackstand to hold the lugs up, but on the passenger side it just missed when I got the strut free, so something to keep in mind for anyone else doing their springs...
If you're careful, you won't need a spring compressor, just be ready to watch where the nut pops off to, mine got some distance! But the tension isn't high.

How To: Install Skunk2 Lowering Springs for Honda Fit this is a good guide for any springs, not just the skunk2's, courtesy of forum member fit4kris.

Old 12-13-2007, 06:23 PM
5 Year Member
I love my skunk2's. enjoy mang

Old 12-13-2007, 06:32 PM
Mind saying what u got the skunk2s for? I know we sell em pretty cheap too.

Old 12-13-2007, 06:51 PM
5 Year Member
100 including shipping. thought it was pretty darn good!
jhpusa had the auction listed at 114, with the "best offer" feature so I offered 100 and they took it, with free shipping.

Old 12-13-2007, 07:58 PM
5 Year Member
u dont need to take off the back wheels but just make sure u get the car high enough

Old 12-13-2007, 08:11 PM
5 Year Member
wow, 100 shipped is a great deal!!

im going to be removing the rear wheels when doing the rear springs.
ive done Suby's with hand tools and those were super biotches to
get loose. i used a 18" breaker bar 1/2 drive.

cant wait to get my springs.

on the front, you can probably do a rope or something a bungie cord
and tie/hook it to the chassis so it doesn't flop down.

Old 12-13-2007, 08:28 PM
5 Year Member
yeah - the price sold me really, the fact they're skunk2 was a perk! Before I was only seeing cheap knock-off or questionable brand springs in that price range, soon as I spotted these I jumped on 'em. it pays to eBay haha

Old 12-13-2007, 09:25 PM
Retired Moderator
How much do they lower the car?

Old 12-13-2007, 09:46 PM
5 Year Member
1.5" front, 1.0" rear. Modest, compared to the other springs out there, but just right for me personally. It makes the car more 'level' i think. I'll post pics once I'm done, but there are already some other forum members on here with photos of before and after to check out just do a skunk2 spring search.

Last edited by sevenaprils; 12-13-2007 at 09:48 PM. Reason: correct wrong info
Old 12-13-2007, 09:53 PM
Retired Moderator
Yeah ive seen many pics, they look great. I just forgot exactly how much they lower the car.
Thanks

Old 12-13-2007, 10:26 PM
i put my skunk2's on a few weeks ago. i used an air gun to get all the bolts and everything off. it made the instal alot quicker. you dont need to pull the rear wheels off but i did so i could be sure of proper placement and i wanted to clean the wheel wells anyway. when you get the back bolts out you have to push down on the lower arm (which is easier with the wheels off) pretty hard and then pull the springs out. i had one of my friends help me out so when i was pushing down he pulled the spring. same with putting them back in. push the arm down get the spring in (be sure its in there straight) and then release the pressure, put the bolt back in and your done. we did mine in about an hour. im still waiting on someone to make a strut/shock kit but for now i love the skunks.

Old 12-13-2007, 10:56 PM
Man...

Lowered Fits do look really cool. Not for me though, I've already had problems scraping pulling onto streets/out of drive thrus/into driveways. Of course where I live everyone drives pickup trucks so they don't bother to make the roads better...

Old 12-13-2007, 11:00 PM
5 Year Member
nice dude... i got the same springs as you but will be here this saturday cant freaking wait

Old 12-13-2007, 11:13 PM
congrats on the purchase i will be in port orange this weekend

Old 12-13-2007, 11:32 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jdjohnson9
i put my skunk2's on a few weeks ago. i used an air gun to get all the bolts and everything off. it made the instal alot quicker. you dont need to pull the rear wheels off but i did so i could be sure of proper placement and i wanted to clean the wheel wells anyway. when you get the back bolts out you have to push down on the lower arm (which is easier with the wheels off) pretty hard and then pull the springs out. i had one of my friends help me out so when i was pushing down he pulled the spring. same with putting them back in. push the arm down get the spring in (be sure its in there straight) and then release the pressure, put the bolt back in and your done. we did mine in about an hour. im still waiting on someone to make a strut/shock kit but for now i love the skunks.
yah, i think that's where having the tire on the hub helps... thanks for
the info. im going to be doing the install by myself so will have gravity
help me out. lol

Old 12-14-2007, 01:04 AM
Originally Posted by kenchan
yah, i think that's where having the tire on the hub helps... thanks for
the info. im going to be doing the install by myself so will have gravity
help me out. lol
hey its worth a shot. i remember pushing pretty hard on the lower arm but maybe the weight of the wheel will be enough. let us know if it works or if you need anymore help.

Old 12-14-2007, 07:34 AM
5 Year Member
If you get your jacklift under the perch in the rear I found it really easy to get it back into place. Handy if you don't have an extra set of hands to help
SpoonEp3 any reason for the visit to my neck of the woods? Just wonderin'!
I'll keep an eye out for the white ep3 in your avatar, I'm assuming that's you?
I'm up bright and early to hopefully get those rears done quick and take her out for a spin and get those springs setting in!

Quick Reply: Early Christmas!!!!!