General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Do you like the Sport body kit?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 02:13 PM
Do you like the Sport body kit?

Just curious as to who likes/doesn't like the Sport's body kit.

My $0.02 is that it makes the car look a bit juvenile -- that is, a FWD car with a little more than 100hp doesn't need a spoiler and associated trim pieces. In contrast, when the body kit isn't there, you have nice clean lines and you can appreciate the styling much more. Also, there is the issue of the reduced ground clearance...

Old 01-08-2008, 02:31 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
really? i think it looks good. i wouldn't have it any other way, unless
i was going to get a body kit later on.

Old 01-08-2008, 02:36 PM
Retired Moderator
No, i actually love the looks of the S WAY more then the base. The USDM base is not good looking IMHO. The Body kit gives a look that the Fit needs to look good.

Tyler

Old 01-08-2008, 02:36 PM
I love the body kit on my fit..
I think the car actually looks alot more ugly without the body kit.

Old 01-08-2008, 02:46 PM
Honda Fit Forums Moderator
I like the sport aero kit.

Old 01-08-2008, 02:53 PM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
yeah i like the sport kit too. i thought it looked good enough so that i wouldn't be tempted to make many cosmetic changes in the future.

Old 01-08-2008, 03:17 PM
the Sport kit is very clean and subtle... I think its far from juvenile. SOme of the aftermarket kits I have seen are pretty gawdy, but the stock kit works well with the lines of the Fit. Nothing beats stock IMO.

Old 01-08-2008, 03:25 PM
5 Year Member
I like it because it saved me money if that makes sense. If I would have bought the stock, I would end up buying aftermarket parts for it (the fancy pricey parts!). With the sport kit on, any thoughts of those aftermarket stuff is gone. Go figure lol. The only bad thing about it is the fact that I dont have mud flaps that the stock models have. (Or are those available now and I just havent looked?)

Last edited by FITrunner; 01-08-2008 at 03:56 PM.
Old 01-08-2008, 03:43 PM
I am kinda on the fence...don't worry though I wont fall...hahahaa!

Well I actually like the base...the body lines indeed seem clean to me...but maybe a bit too clean.

I like the sport as well (I have one in NHBP) however it seems a bit too buisy...

I would have actually preferred the JDM base , as the overhangs seem less obtrusive and the overall look seems even tighter and cleaner.

I don't really think the USDM sport looks juvenile... but I can definately see how someone would/could.

I like the sides and the rear bumper better on the base...but the front better on the sport. The side skirts dont jive with me and the rear bumper looks a bit too much like its hanging off/out in some views.

I find the sports wheels to be rather nice! Very appropriate! They look good and stock yet complete the look very well.

On the base, the wheels don't seem to match as much to me...

I love mini's both new and old (mostly old/classic) and only find the new Cooper S to be a tiny bit "juvenile" in appearance...but I find the Dodge SRT4 the souped up "NEON" look, to embody the "juvenile" look and meaning all rolled into one (if I had to pic a "juvenile" vehicle)
IMH(OF MOST H)O.

I also think the FS looks a tiny bit more refined in NHBP.

Last edited by Snap Fit; 01-08-2008 at 03:44 PM. Reason: The " EDIT " button is all the rage in "EUROPE" didn't you hear?
Old 01-08-2008, 04:50 PM
You know what I just realized.... it might have been useful to also solicit how long people have been driving, how old they actually are, and if they are into "performance modifications of compact cars".

My theory would be that people who like the body kits tend to skew younger at the very least.

As one co-worker put it with regards to Subaru WRX's - "I like the blue, but I'm too old to drive something that looks like that."

Old 01-08-2008, 04:59 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by gar1013
You know what I just realized.... it might have been useful to also solicit how long people have been driving, how old they actually are, and if they are into "performance modifications of compact cars".

My theory would be that people who like the body kits tend to skew younger at the very least.

As one co-worker put it with regards to Subaru WRX's - "I like the blue, but I'm too old to drive something that looks like that."
If it helps, I am an old fart in training (37). To me performance mods and kits are allright, but not my thing. I got a few mods on the NSX but nothing too outrageous. I will probably do something to my Fit eventually but am in no hurry to do so. I like being low key. My ego days are behind me and I usually just sit back, mellow out, nod my head politely, smile, sip on a margarita, and let all you younger folks do all the work.

I got expenses that trump car obligations, and usually I'd rather use my $$$ to buy stuff for the house and travel to different spots around the world or the US now and then.

Last edited by FITrunner; 01-08-2008 at 05:52 PM.
Old 01-08-2008, 05:14 PM
5 Year Member
the only thing I DONT like about the fit sport is the spoiler. it needs to be a bit bigger. so thats why i want the duckbill. other then that...everything is hard.

Old 01-08-2008, 05:51 PM
I'll bite. Mid 20's, driving for 10 years, only mod I've ever done was taping a mellotune printout on my dash.

I really like looks of the Fit Sport. It's pleasing to my eyes without being too flamboyant like how some of those aftermarket kits look. I do agree with the ground cleareance with the Sport version. I hate having to turn into a bump or to a driveway in some angle thingy. That's one thing that made me consider the xD. I imagine myself scraping the heck out of the body of the Fit Sport.

Old 01-08-2008, 06:05 PM
5 Year Member
Sport Fit body kit FTW. It's not super elegant, but it's not overdone either. It adds a little sophistication, methinks.

I'm off to ponder the meaning of life now!

Old 01-08-2008, 06:06 PM
I will post this elsewhere as well...this is just for people who worry about the bottom lips on the Fit Sport, these are my experiences...

my '86 Civic sedan bottomed out way easier than the Fit and '01 Civic coupe allways scraped the lower front bumper (both bone stock and I don't weigh that much, and in normal conditions/circumstances)....much easier then my Fit sport. I have not done either with my FS ...under the same conditions yet...

Old 01-08-2008, 06:33 PM
Originally Posted by gar1013

This is sooooo unique to the individual that I dont think that age is going to play a gigantic role.

I wouldn't think of it as "your theory" (not that you meant it as "yours" exclusively) by any stretch...that is how many things are marketed. But that doesnt really amount to much. As many of the mods (small vehicle or not) that I see that are of the body make up type that are done really well tend to look either tasteful, sporty, sexy, and even OEM. It makes me think "enthusiast" not youth.

I would also think profession and hobbies (like you suggested) would be a primary role. I am an SFX model maker and sculptor. So as an artist I appreciate creative endevours as do many others, and either indulge in them or just think nothing off it other than "hey....thats unique".

I only find a few things on the road that remind me of youth...(take that term and substitue negative and positives)
-boooming music that can wake the dead (i am sure older people do this but......I cant imagine that they would have hearing anymore)
-complete dissregard with respect to others and wreckless driving
-informal/impromptu street racing
-drunk driving
-road rage
-little confidence and easily distracted
-show boating

-none of these are specific to "youth" by anymeans but...this is what I am drawn to when I hear it, as I tend to go with immaturity as the culprit/cause.

-ok and maybe really poorly done car mods and resto's...but even then I just think...poor aptitude at those things...

-ok fine the gigantic whale tail sculptural ribbons that look like abstract splashing water......I then think youth...but in a spirited way heehee

I highly doubt that it matters in any remote sense but I will indulge in this anyway.... I am in my late twenties...

Old 01-08-2008, 07:16 PM
5 Year Member
in order of best to worst.

JDM fit, USDM fit sport, USDM fit base

IMO

Old 01-08-2008, 07:20 PM
5 Year Member
My reason for choosing the sport styling kit for my car was that I thought it looked a bit more sporty than the base one. The base car without styling look more like a "small cheap and dull car" and with the styling it looks like a "small cool and sporty car".

But I dont have the same type of styling as you have in the US (I have a EUDM Jazz). And there is NO problem with the ground clearance, that was a big consern by me so I messured the clearing from lowest point of car before adding the sport styling, and a new check when the styling was added. The lowest point on the car is actually lower than any part of the styling.

The only problem that the front spoiler can scrape in the ground if you meet a steep edge like a speedbump in to high speed. But then you know you drive TOO fast over that speedbump
Reason for that is that is protruding a little more forward and is lower than the base one, but is still higher than the lowest point under the car.

Old 01-08-2008, 07:24 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SD_MR_FIT
the only thing I DONT like about the fit sport is the spoiler.
this i agree. it's out of balance.

Old 01-08-2008, 07:32 PM
i like the fit sport over the base. it looks good in my eyes. its a very subtle look that looks clean. the fit base looks like its missing something hence why i like the sport model.

Quick Reply: Do you like the Sport body kit?